litter trained

Old August 9th 05, 03:57 AM
Marie B via CatKB.com

Default litter trained

we just rescuded this cute cat and come to find out she was pregnant. She
just 5 kittens yesterday and we brought the whole family in the house since
it's extremely hot here in Texas. Now Mom goes out to go to the bathroom
eventhough we bought a new litter box and apparently she does not know how to
use the litter box. Can someone tell me how to train her to go to the litter
box and also what should we do to train the kittens.
Old August 9th 05, 12:43 PM
Wendy

You could try sprinkling some garden soil over top of the litter in the pan.
If you can find some of her poop from outside, put one in the pan so she'll
get the idea what it's for. If you get her using the pan, you won't have to
worry about training the kittens. She'll take care of that for you. If she
doesn't take to the box herself then wait until the kittens are around 4
weeks old, place them in the litter box and gently take their paws and
scratch the litter. It doesn't take much for them to get the picture but Mom
will more than likely take care of this for you.

Old August 9th 05, 01:42 PM
Marie B via CatKB.com

Thank you so much. I am going to try this right now.

Wendy wrote:
You could try sprinkling some garden soil over top of the litter in the pan.
If you can find some of her poop from outside, put one in the pan so she'll
get the idea what it's for. If you get her using the pan, you won't have to
worry about training the kittens. She'll take care of that for you. If she
doesn't take to the box herself then wait until the kittens are around 4
weeks old, place them in the litter box and gently take their paws and
scratch the litter. It doesn't take much for them to get the picture but Mom
will more than likely take care of this for you.

we just rescuded this cute cat and come to find out she was pregnant.
She

[quoted text clipped - 6 lines]