odor

Old August 9th 05, 12:11 AM
Girl Jamie

Default odor

Hi, I have a 6 year old male cat who was neutered when he was very young.
I don't think he is peeing in my house as I have never seen any around and
his box is always full of it when I clean it daily. But however my house
seems to have a strong odor in it. He used to vomit allot until we changed
his diet a while back. Do you think vomit (rather than pee) would make the
house smell bad?? It probably sounds like a dumb question but its not like
the cat vomits a large amount like a human would. He used to vomit allot
though. Its very embarrassing.
I get my carpets cleaned yearly and I am going to steam clean them myself
this week. Any hints on what I can add to the cleaning solution for odors??
Do cats hide and pee where you can't see it?? I have never come across any
wet spots.
Thanks.

--
God bless America!!

Old August 9th 05, 12:25 AM
mlbriggs

On Mon, 08 Aug 2005 23:11:13 +0000, Girl Jamie wrote:

Hi, I have a 6 year old male cat who was neutered when he was very young.
I don't think he is peeing in my house as I have never seen any around and
his box is always full of it when I clean it daily. But however my house
seems to have a strong odor in it. He used to vomit allot until we
changed his diet a while back. Do you think vomit (rather than pee) would
make the house smell bad?? It probably sounds like a dumb question but
its not like the cat vomits a large amount like a human would. He used to
vomit allot though. Its very embarrassing.
I get my carpets cleaned yearly and I am going to steam clean them myself
this week. Any hints on what I can add to the cleaning solution for
odors?? Do cats hide and pee where you can't see it?? I have never come
across any wet spots.
Thanks.

Does the cat go out? Maybe he brought in a dead critter.
Do you ever get a mouse in the house? They have a peculiar odor. MLB

Old August 9th 05, 12:41 AM
Spot

You can get a black light to check the carpet for urine stains. I don't
think it would work on vomit so you would have to rely on your nose to
determine where the odor might be coming from.

Celeste

. ..

Old August 9th 05, 12:45 AM
Girl Jamie

No he has never been out. No mice or other animals come in. thank
goodness - ugh
Do cats that have been fixed still mark their territory?

news

Old August 9th 05, 12:52 AM
Spot

Yes sometimes even when they have been fixed they will still spray. I
believe there are medications that can help with this from your vets office.

Celeste

"Girl Jamie" wrote in message
No he has never been out. No mice or other animals come in. thank
goodness - ugh
Do cats that have been fixed still mark their territory?

news

Old August 9th 05, 01:12 AM
mlbriggs

On Mon, 08 Aug 2005 23:45:55 +0000, Girl Jamie wrote:

No he has never been out. No mice or other animals come in. thank
goodness - ugh
Do cats that have been fixed still mark their territory?

"mlbriggs" wrote in message
news
[...]

I suppose they might if there are other cats making them nervous -- either
inside or out. I'm not an expert on this either. Some ants cause a
peculiar odor. I had occasion a couple of years ago to research ants --
quite surprising. MLB
Old August 9th 05, 01:17 AM
Wendy

"Spot" wrote in message
You can get a black light to check the carpet for urine stains. I don't
think it would work on vomit so you would have to rely on your nose to
determine where the odor might be coming from.

Celeste

They sell 'stink finders' in pet stores. They are small black lights, not
too expensive. If you find any spots treat with an enzyme cleaner and get
the cat checked for a urinary tract infection.