Have your cats lost weight?

Old May 28th 05, 05:55 AM
Susan M

Default Have your cats lost weight?

You can imagine the scene:

My friend Elena comes over, sees the boys and says, "Wow - have your cats
lost weight???"
Me, a little pleased and self conscious "Why yes - I'm sooooo glad you
noticed!!"

Struck me as funny - but boy have they slimmed down and look sleek now.
They could both use tummy tucks but I love them just the way they are

Susan M
Otis and Chester
Slim cats

Old May 28th 05, 07:24 AM
badwilson

Susan M wrote:
You can imagine the scene:

My friend Elena comes over, sees the boys and says, "Wow - have your
cats lost weight???"
Me, a little pleased and self conscious "Why yes - I'm sooooo glad

you
noticed!!"

Struck me as funny - but boy have they slimmed down and look sleek
now. They could both use tummy tucks but I love them just the way
they are

Susan M
Otis and Chester
Slim cats

Hee hee, too cute! Congrats at being sucessful at keeping them on
their diet. Vino could use a tummy tuck too, but he's been stable at
12 lbs all his life. Dennis says it's normal to have the flap because
lions have it too. I think it's cute the way it wobbles to and fro
when he runs.
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown

Old May 28th 05, 12:49 PM
Catnipped

"badwilson" wrote in message
Susan M wrote:
[...]

Bandit had a tummy tuck, but not on purpose! It looks sort of weird to see
a cat without that belly flap, though.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old May 28th 05, 08:15 PM
W. Leong

Rusty never has any belly flap.
I dread hearing "Have you cat lost weight?"
The vet said he need to put on some weight. He has never been a
heavy cat. Of course having his prescription food rationed carefully
doesn't help. But those food cost so much, especially when I
am not working.

Rusty did gain back some weight recently. I am not starving him.
He is back to 8.5 lb. But he was 10 lb some years ago.

Winnie

Old May 28th 05, 08:25 PM
Mary

"Susan M" smawdsley remove @shaw.ca wrote in message
You can imagine the scene:

My friend Elena comes over, sees the boys and says, "Wow - have your cats
lost weight???"
Me, a little pleased and self conscious "Why yes - I'm sooooo glad you
noticed!!"

Struck me as funny - but boy have they slimmed down and look sleek now.
They could both use tummy tucks but I love them just the way they are

Susan M
Otis and Chester
Slim cats

Congrats to Otis and Chester. My Buddha is also slimming
down nicely, and also could use a tummy tuck! I am so proud
of her.

Old May 28th 05, 08:33 PM
Sandy

Sundance has lost some weight, too -- enough that he can now keep his back
end clean!

Do they even do that kind of "tummy tuck"? I wouldn't put him through
surgery just for that, but I've thought of asking the vet about it if he
ever needs other surgery.

Sandy

Old May 28th 05, 09:24 PM
Catnipped

"Sandy" wrote in message
. ..
Sundance has lost some weight, too -- enough that he can now keep his back
end clean!

Do they even do that kind of "tummy tuck"? I wouldn't put him through
surgery just for that, but I've thought of asking the vet about it if he
ever needs other surgery.

Sandy

I was joking when I said Bandit had a tummy tuck. What happened is that she
went into the vet to have her teeth cleaned and the heating bag they used
burned her very badly on her stomach, back and side. She has long hair and
hid the buru for over a week! By the time I found it, it had gotten
necrotic and the had to remove large areas of skin from her stomach, back
and side. This has made her look very "trim" since she doesn't have any
loose flesh left! But it doesn't look "fit" really, it just looks kind of
odd (but I still love her even with her patchy, growing back white hair and
funny-looking silhouette! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old May 29th 05, 04:32 AM
badwilson

Catnipped wrote:
"badwilson" wrote in message
Susan M wrote:
[...]

Wow, that whole ordeal took off so much skin that she lost her belly
flap?!?!? Sheesh, the mind boggles. I'm so glad that she's ok now.

Old May 29th 05, 02:33 PM
Helen Wheels

Susan M wrote:

You can imagine the scene:

My friend Elena comes over, sees the boys and says, "Wow - have your cats
lost weight???"
Me, a little pleased and self conscious "Why yes - I'm sooooo glad you
noticed!!"

Struck me as funny - but boy have they slimmed down and look sleek now.
They could both use tummy tucks but I love them just the way they are

Susan M
Otis and Chester
Slim cats

Congratulations to your little fellers.

Not too long ago, my brother's d*g went on a calorie controlled diet at
his vet's recommendation. He was so successful that he won the
practice's doggy weight watcher of the month award.

The prize was a big bag of dog food.
Old May 29th 05, 04:27 PM
jmcquown

Helen Wheels wrote:
Susan M wrote:

You can imagine the scene:

My friend Elena comes over, sees the boys and says, "Wow - have your
cats lost weight???"
Me, a little pleased and self conscious "Why yes - I'm sooooo glad
you noticed!!"

Struck me as funny - but boy have they slimmed down and look sleek
now. They could both use tummy tucks but I love them just the way
they are

Susan M
Otis and Chester
Slim cats

Congratulations to your little fellers.

Not too long ago, my brother's d*g went on a calorie controlled diet
at his vet's recommendation. He was so successful that he won the
practice's doggy weight watcher of the month award.

The prize was a big bag of dog food.

ROFL! To be doled out slowly, I suppose!

Jill