is cat really pregnant?

Old August 7th 05, 12:57 AM
guynoir

I took my "pregnant" cat to the vet yesterday for abortion, spay,
vaccination, checkup, screening, expected about $200 bill. Vet inquired
as to the quality of her poop, a symptom of worms. I said "A little
loose, very stinky." Vet examines cat, expresses milk from teat
(something I'd tried but failed) "She's not pregnant, she's nursing."
That saved me $170 right there, new owner gets to pay for all that. Had
to go find the kittens, but that was very easy. Three of them, about 2
weeks old maybe.

Indicators that cat isn't pregnant:

Belly swells noticibly in 24 hours from milk production, when prevented
from feeding kittens.
Stinky poop: smells like sour milk.
Express milk from teats.
I found the kittens within 10 feet of where I first saw the cat.
Vet said pregnant cats are much bigger, so swollen teats on a thin cat:
She weighed under 6 lbs.

"Calvin Rice" wrote in news:1123335718.309775.53000
@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Rhonda wrote:
Actually, the vet will not spay until you tell them to and pay them.

I changed plans again. When I said the cat would go to the vet Monday
if no births took place this weekend, I had not yet seen the cat
walking
around. But now I have seen, by the use of a video camera, that the
cat is pregnant, in my opinion.

It is not my vet, though. It is the 'owner's' vet, so the owner and
his vet
would be making decisions about the future if the cat goes to the vet,
and I doubt that they would decide to let the cat go home with me
again.

The cat will continue to stay with me, hoping that the births come
soon,
with no trip to the vet until long after the births. Sorry for the
alarm.

-cr

--
J Kimmel

www.metalinnovations.com

"Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum." - When you have
their full attention in your grip, their hearts and minds will follow.
Old August 7th 05, 03:05 AM
guynoir

Unfortunately, when I rescued the kittens I contracted a bad case of kitten
fever. Now you can all suffer.

http://www.spiretech.com/~guynoir/livestock/kf1.jpg
http://www.spiretech.com/~guynoir/livestock/kf2.jpg
http://www.spiretech.com/~guynoir/livestock/kf3.jpg
http://www.spiretech.com/~guynoir/livestock/kf4.jpg

guynoir wrote in
7.142:

Old August 7th 05, 03:19 AM
Trish

"guynoir" wrote in message
. 97.142...
Unfortunately, when I rescued the kittens I contracted a bad case of

kitten
fever. Now you can all suffer.

http://www.spiretech.com/~guynoir/livestock/kf1.jpg
http://www.spiretech.com/~guynoir/livestock/kf2.jpg
http://www.spiretech.com/~guynoir/livestock/kf3.jpg
http://www.spiretech.com/~guynoir/livestock/kf4.jpg

guynoir wrote in
7.142:

I took my "pregnant" cat to the vet yesterday for abortion, spay,

--
J Kimmel

www.metalinnovations.com

"Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum." - When you have
their full attention in your grip, their hearts and minds will follow.

Gorgeous kittens, I'm such a sucker for tabbies

Old August 7th 05, 03:56 AM
Calvin Rice

Trish wrote:
Gorgeous kittens, I'm such a sucker for tabbies

I know kittens have more pointed ears than adults, but
a couple of these kittens, the darker ones, appear to
have especially pointed ears.

-cr

Old August 7th 05, 03:59 AM
Annie Wxill

"guynoir" wrote in message
. 97.142...
Unfortunately, when I rescued the kittens I contracted a bad case of
kitten
fever. Now you can all suffer.

http://www.spiretech.com/~guynoir/livestock/kf1.jpg
http://www.spiretech.com/~guynoir/livestock/kf2.jpg
http://www.spiretech.com/~guynoir/livestock/kf3.jpg
http://www.spiretech.com/~guynoir/livestock/kf4.jpg

guynoir

Oooooh!
Major kitten fever, indeed.
What a good job that mama cat has done.
Those kittens look so beautiful, healthy and clean.

Annie

Old August 7th 05, 04:04 AM
-L.

guynoir wrote:
Unfortunately, when I rescued the kittens I contracted a bad case of kitten
fever. Now you can all suffer.

http://www.spiretech.com/~guynoir/livestock/kf1.jpg
http://www.spiretech.com/~guynoir/livestock/kf2.jpg
http://www.spiretech.com/~guynoir/livestock/kf3.jpg
http://www.spiretech.com/~guynoir/livestock/kf4.jpg

That red baby is going to be a *gorgeous* cat!

-L.

Old August 7th 05, 01:54 PM
Charlie Wilkes

On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 21:05:31 -0500, guynoir
wrote:

Unfortunately, when I rescued the kittens I contracted a bad case of kitten
fever. Now you can all suffer.

http://www.spiretech.com/~guynoir/livestock/kf1.jpg
http://www.spiretech.com/~guynoir/livestock/kf2.jpg
http://www.spiretech.com/~guynoir/livestock/kf3.jpg
http://www.spiretech.com/~guynoir/livestock/kf4.jpg

They're adorable, and they all look healthy. Now what will you do
with them? You are on track to have a four-cat household.

Charlie
Old August 7th 05, 07:12 PM
Candace

guynoir wrote:
Unfortunately, when I rescued the kittens I contracted a bad case of kitten
fever. Now you can all suffer.

http://www.spiretech.com/~guynoir/livestock/kf1.jpg
http://www.spiretech.com/~guynoir/livestock/kf2.jpg
http://www.spiretech.com/~guynoir/livestock/kf3.jpg
http://www.spiretech.com/~guynoir/livestock/kf4.jpg

OMG, they're darling little pudgy kitties! I wonder how many you will
keep? Do you know anyone who might take a kitty? You'll be pretty
attached to the little critters by the time they can leave their mommy.

Candace

Old August 7th 05, 08:47 PM
Karen

in article 2, guynoir at
wrote on 8/6/05 9:05 PM:

Unfortunately, when I rescued the kittens I contracted a bad case of kitten
fever. Now you can all suffer.

http://www.spiretech.com/~guynoir/livestock/kf1.jpg
http://www.spiretech.com/~guynoir/livestock/kf2.jpg
http://www.spiretech.com/~guynoir/livestock/kf3.jpg
http://www.spiretech.com/~guynoir/livestock/kf4.jpg

guynoir wrote in
7.142:

I took my "pregnant" cat to the vet yesterday for abortion, spay,

Ack! My god they are cute. cute cute cute cute cute cute cute cute cute cute

Where did the "pregnant" cat come from?

Old August 7th 05, 08:49 PM
Karen

in article , Karen at
wrote on 8/7/05 2:47 PM:

in article 2, guynoir at
wrote on 8/6/05 9:05 PM:

Unfortunately, when I rescued the kittens I contracted a bad case of kitten
fever. Now you can all suffer.

http://www.spiretech.com/~guynoir/livestock/kf1.jpg
http://www.spiretech.com/~guynoir/livestock/kf2.jpg
http://www.spiretech.com/~guynoir/livestock/kf3.jpg
http://www.spiretech.com/~guynoir/livestock/kf4.jpg

guynoir wrote in
7.142:

I took my "pregnant" cat to the vet yesterday for abortion, spay,

Ack! My god they are cute. cute cute cute cute cute cute cute cute cute cute

Where did the "pregnant" cat come from?

Found the original thread. Never mind.