Cali

Old August 6th 05, 05:40 AM
ElvisRocks

Default Cali

Well, Cali's kitty acne is the least of her problems; she has a bacterial
infection of her mouth!!!! She got a shot of penicillin and
depo something anti-inflammatory and I have antibiotic drops to give her.
Poor baby! Heaven only knows how she got THAT!!
Ugh!! Oh, but there's a 6 week old kitten at the vet that someone dropped
off with ACID in his eye!! OMG! Doc fixed him up and he' s fine....except
he's a darling brown tabby with no home....hmmmm....once you have 4, what's
one more????
I have a feeling little "Butch" (as they're calling him) may find a home
with me.....Carol

Old August 6th 05, 06:48 AM
Candace

ElvisRocks wrote:
Well, Cali's kitty acne is the least of her problems; she has a bacterial
infection of her mouth!!!! She got a shot of penicillin and
depo something anti-inflammatory and I have antibiotic drops to give her.
Poor baby! Heaven only knows how she got THAT!!
Ugh!! Oh, but there's a 6 week old kitten at the vet that someone dropped
off with ACID in his eye!! OMG! Doc fixed him up and he' s fine....except
he's a darling brown tabby with no home....hmmmm....once you have 4, what's
one more????
I have a feeling little "Butch" (as they're calling him) may find a home
with me.....Carol

Awww, poor baby kitty. I hope he goes home with you and I hope Cali
has a quick recovery.

Candace

Old August 6th 05, 03:08 PM
ElvisRocks

Jeez! Just gave her the Clindamycin(sp) - drops. HAHAHA! I forgot how
much easier it is to handle male
cats than females! It seemed like she was an octopus! Got most of it in
her I think. Oh, this'll be lots of fun
2x a day for a couple weeks. OMG! Any suggestions on making it easier to
do? It smells real mediciney, too. YUK!
Carol

Old August 6th 05, 05:53 PM
Rhonda

Oh boy, I don't like that medicine thing either.

With our scrambling kittens, I picked a place and did it the same time
every day. When I sat them in that spot they knew what to expect, like
it or not.

I had to use a towel, and wrap it around them with just their face
sticking out. I backed them against me, hand one hand gripping the towel
together under their chins, and the other hand with the syringe. Still
took a few minutes and a couple of tries, but they started freezing in
place instead of clawing to get out.

Finally, I found a treat wet food they liked and mixed it in a small
amount of that (so I could be sure they ate every drop.)

Rhonda

Old August 7th 05, 01:39 AM
Elizabeth Blake

"ElvisRocks" wrote in message

Jeez! Just gave her the Clindamycin(sp) - drops. HAHAHA! I forgot how
much easier it is to handle male
cats than females! It seemed like she was an octopus! Got most of it in
her I think. Oh, this'll be lots of fun
2x a day for a couple weeks. OMG! Any suggestions on making it easier to
do? It smells real mediciney, too. YUK!
Carol

You definitely want to wrap her up in a towel. Get everything ready, wrap
her up and give her the drops. It's easier if you don't have to hold Cali
with one arm and try to get the dropper ready at the same time. Starting on
Monday, I have to begin medicating one of our cats at work, so I have to
remember to bring in a towel for that. I've given Harriet pills in the
past, and also stuff like Petromal, but never a liquid..

I hope Cali gets better soon.

--
Liz

Old August 7th 05, 01:52 AM
Kalyahna

"ElvisRocks" wrote in message

Well, Cali's kitty acne is the least of her problems; she has a bacterial
infection of her mouth!!!! She got a shot of penicillin and
depo something anti-inflammatory and I have antibiotic drops to give her.
Poor baby! Heaven only knows how she got THAT!!
Ugh!! Oh, but there's a 6 week old kitten at the vet that someone dropped
off with ACID in his eye!! OMG! Doc fixed him up and he' s fine....except
he's a darling brown tabby with no home....hmmmm....once you have 4,

what's
one more????
I have a feeling little "Butch" (as they're calling him) may find a home
with me.....Carol

Good luck with that little kitten! We had an 8 week old dropped at the
shelter the other day with double botflies (they were HUGE!) hatching from
each side of the neck. One of them had punctured a hole in her esophagus.
Incredibly sweet little kitten. Bright and alert and very friendly.

Old August 7th 05, 05:13 AM
Rhonda

Oh, poor kitten! That is so gross.

Is she going to be okay?

Rhonda

Old August 7th 05, 06:10 PM
ElvisRocks

This morning I took a chance and mixed the dropperful of medicine in about
1/3 can of real fishy smelling
Fancy Feast. She ate most of it!! I can't believe it!!! Yay! (for now)
lol

Old August 8th 05, 01:09 AM
ElvisRocks

Better yet - tonight just gave her a little drained water off my tuna with
the
medicine in it. She licked every drop. Yay! She seems better today, too.

Old August 8th 05, 07:36 AM
Jen M. via CatKB.com

Yep, I did it in the same place every day--and Spot caught on to me real
quick--so I had to start catching him when he was asleep--worked much better--
and I always put in the medicine in the back side of his mouth--after a while
when I would lay him on the counter--he would angle his body in how he best
accepted this--worked really well and he did run and fight me--but after I
kept coming back--he figured out it was easier to cooperate with me and I
never let him run away--I always kept it calm and talking to him and would
put him down on the floor real easy--this seemed to help a lot.

I wish you the best!

Sincerely,
Jen

ElvisRocks wrote:

Better yet - tonight just gave her a little drained water off my tuna with
the
medicine in it. She licked every drop. Yay! She seems better today, too.

This morning I took a chance and mixed the dropperful of medicine in about
1/3 can of real fishy smelling

[quoted text clipped - 11 lines]