Fancy Feast "marinated" and "marinated morsels"

Old April 26th 06, 08:10 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Fancy Feast "marinated" and "marinated morsels"

I am a little mixed up here. Are Fancy Feast "marinated" and "marinated
morsels" different lines or the same? Thanks.
Old April 26th 06, 03:32 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"Ajanta" wrote in message
I am a little mixed up here. Are Fancy Feast "marinated" and "marinated
morsels" different lines or the same? Thanks.

All I know is that my cats look at this stuff then look at me like I must be
out of my mind and walk away. MARINATED? For a cat?

Old April 26th 06, 03:58 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

cybercat wrote:

: All I know is that my cats look at this stuff then look at me like I must be
: out of my mind and walk away. MARINATED? For a cat?

LOL, what do they like to eat most? Real food I mean, not candy etc.

I wish I could figure out an easy pattern of likes and dislikes but she
likes something one day and not the next. Once I figure out 3-4 flavors
that she willl eat consistently, we will be set until next time our
schedule is interrupted.
Old April 26th 06, 04:44 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"Ajanta" wrote in message
cybercat wrote:

: All I know is that my cats look at this stuff then look at me like I

must be
: out of my mind and walk away. MARINATED? For a cat?

LOL, what do they like to eat most? Real food I mean, not candy etc.

I guess I should be more specific--while both turn up their noses at the
marinated varieties, one will eat everything else. It is my little gray 7-lb
tabby girl who is hard to please, and of course she is the skinny one with
asthma and allergies, so I want to fatten her up and feed her things she
does
not have reactions to.

She likes the ground food the best, the current favs are Tender Beef Feast,
Tender Liver and Chicken, and Tender Beef and Chicken. For many months
all she would eat was Chopped Grill Feast, which has byproducts as its first
meat ingredient and smells a LOT like poop.

I wish I could figure out an easy pattern of likes and dislikes but she
likes something one day and not the next. Once I figure out 3-4 flavors
that she willl eat consistently, we will be set until next time our
schedule is interrupted.

I feel your pain! : / And, I have given your original question additional
thought, and unless there are instances in which FF manages to put
an entire fish, cow, liver, or chicken in a 3-oz can, I cannot imagine
there would be a difference between the "marinated" and the "marinated
morsels." They are all, after all, morsels! (And they all look to me like
something already ate them and redeposited them, if you know what
I mean ...)

Old April 26th 06, 05:13 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Ajanta wrote:
I am a little mixed up here. Are Fancy Feast "marinated" and "marinated
morsels" different lines or the same? Thanks.

Yes, no, and maybe. I have been asking Purina for about six months, by
now, nine months, what is the difference if any.

Supposedly they changed the size of the chunks but kept everything the
same.
I asked again the day before and they will send me the analysis. For
some reason, they released the products but takes many months before
they will release an analysis of what is inside.

I was assured the phosphorus levels are identical between the old and
the new products.

We will see.

I was primarily interested in:
New FF Marinated Morsel Chicken or Salmon Feast in Gravy versus the old
Marinated Chicken or Salmon Feast in Savory Juices.

My cat does not think the two products are equal. She does not like the
new products. She will eat it, kind of. She scarfed down the old
products unlike the new ones.

Since the information has been so difficult to obtain, I find I am
purchasing other brands instead. I do not feel comfortable with a
company that releases new versions of their products but does not
release the nutritional information. I am still waiting but after nine
(9!) months, the info is now available. It may have been available 6
months ago but I got tired of calling and calling and calling and
calling.

I have called Purina quite a few times trying to get this information.
You would think they would mail it when they finally got the
information. I am also having trouble finding the As Fed phosphorus
levels for their dry weight management stuff. I am beginning to think
that I am wasting my time buying products from a company as big as
Purina with a small, almost useless output of information.

I know now someone will post that they have had no problem with Purina.
Fine. Then post the nutritional analyses. I am interested in the
phosphorus content and the kilocalories primarily, not as minimums but
As Fed or DBM. I would also like to know the pH levels.

So far, only Science Diet publishes on a public web site, available to
all, the phosphorus and and the kilocalories as minimums, As Fed and
Dry Matter Basis!!! They also publish the pH levels. I just wish my cat
liked their canned food better. Turkey giblets she will tolerate but
dislikes the Light stuff. She hates it now unless I refuse to give her
anything else.

Anyone know of any other company that publishes the phosphorus levels
on their web sites and the kilocalories?

I am beginning to suspect that this info is difficult to obtain because
the companies really don't pay much attention of the batch to batch
variation. Probably takes up too much time and expense to get that
right. So they could do an average or something. So far, I only trust
Science Diet for actual information. That company alone appears to have
full and just about complete disclosure - and it's easily accessible to
anyone with a computer.

The premium companies might be using good, natural stuff but probably
save money avoiding the testing. It's difficult but you wonder.
Throwing good stuff into the pot is probably okay but then, why not
make it at home? Then I will have a better idea of what the cat is
eating. So far I'm reluctant to do that since I am pretty much a
vegetarian and really don't like cooking up batches of meat. I will do
it for my cat but it's unpleasant for me. Why? Think of it this way. I
don't eat my cat and don't want to eat someone else's pet either. I
know, most farms, the cows have numbers, not names.

Old April 26th 06, 08:43 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

My cats will only eat 'shredded' food - not chunks, not the regular paste,
etc.

I think they just want me to have to hunt harder for their food

Old April 27th 06, 12:37 AM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Not sure of the real difference, but my kitty doesn't
like the marinated stuff as much.
Ditto on the Pate's.
She likes the ones with lots of juices better.
Apparently, she need the extra moistier, even though
she always has a bowl of fresh water and oat grass
to snack on throughout the day.

That said, Fancy Feast has so many variaties, I can
always find the ones she likes best.

If she doesn't like it, her boyfriend scoffs up what's left.