Sweet Story

Old January 10th 08, 11:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley via CatKB.com

Default Sweet Story

Who says dogs and cats don't get along?

"Dog and cat's friendship continues after death
Thursday, January 10, 2008
It was a friendship that could inspire a Disney movie. Oscar the dog and his
best friend, Arthur the cat, were inseparable in life.
So, when 17-year-old moggy Arthur died, Oscar was left inconsolable. Their
owners, Robert and Mavis Bell, buried Arthur in the garden.
But Oscar's love for his friend would not die – and during the night, he
pulled the cat from his grave, carried him inside, laid him in the basket
they used to share and gently cleaned him up.
Mr Bell found the pair curled up together in the basket. He said: 'Oscar had
watched me bury Arthur. They had been inseparable.'
Arthur is now buried in a secure grave in the garden at the Bells' home in
Wigan and Oscar has a new playmate kitten called Limpet.
'He's already very protective of her,' Mrs Bell said."

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old January 10th 08, 04:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

Thursday, January 10, 2008
It was a friendship that could inspire a Disney movie. Oscar the dog and his
best friend, Arthur the cat, were inseparable in life.
So, when 17-year-old moggy Arthur died, Oscar was left inconsolable. Their
owners, Robert and Mavis Bell, buried Arthur in the garden.
But Oscar's love for his friend would not die - and during the night, he
pulled the cat from his grave, carried him inside, laid him in the basket
they used to share and gently cleaned him up.
Mr Bell found the pair curled up together in the basket. He said: 'Oscar had
watched me bury Arthur. They had been inseparable.'
Arthur is now buried in a secure grave in the garden at the Bells' home in
Wigan and Oscar has a new playmate kitten called Limpet.
'He's already very protective of her,' Mrs Bell said."

I could not stop my tears. I don't just love dogs for their loyalty, I
_admire_ them for it. Their ability to form and keep friendships is
wonderful. Our Bear doesn't just get along with our cats, although
that is how i usually put it, he has varying relationships with them.
Maggy May practically raised him and he treats her like his mom. He
teases and barks at the others but also tries to groom them and they
cuddle sometimes. When we meet Tucker, the spaniel next door, on our
walks, it is exactly like two boys who live in the same neighborhood
and who have gotten well past the need to posture or seek dominance.
They frolic and act like they haven't seen each other in years. I
don't think a house is complete without both dogs and cats. Our
parrots are optional.

Getting Oscar a kitten was necessary and a very loving thing to do.
Plus the usual benefits of a bittie for the hoomins in the house.

Will in New Haven

Old January 10th 08, 06:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

I feel pretty much the same way. After Scooter went to the bridge these
cats were devastated. Piglet still runs to the front every time she hears a
dog bark. In the spring I will get another dog, I miss the door bell
benefit! Piglet still sleeps where scooter did on the couch.

Old January 10th 08, 06:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Jan 10, 1:34*pm, "Granby" wrote:
I feel pretty much the same way. *After Scooter went to the bridge these
cats were devastated. *Piglet still runs to the front every time she hears a
dog bark. *In the spring I will get another dog, I miss the door bell
benefit! *Piglet still sleeps where scooter did on the couch.

I was thinking of the Scooter-dog when I read the original post.

Will in New Haven

--

"Will in New Haven" wrote in ...

Old January 10th 08, 10:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

I never thought about cats recognizing names, other than their own. The 2
girls came down the other day on their Scooters. I asked them if the rode
their bikes and they both said "no, we rode our scooters. Piglet had been
on the car tree and she jumped down and ran to the door. Nearly broke my
heart when she figured out there was nothing there.

Thursday, January 10, 2008
[...]

Just a sweet story Stan Brown Cat health & behaviour 8 August 15th 07 06:53 PM
A sweet Thanksgiving story staring Genny and a turkey carcass kittyscastle Cat anecdotes 0 November 16th 06 02:54 AM
A very sweet story with pictures Christine Burel Cat anecdotes 4 June 6th 06 10:25 PM
OT D*G story. Jeanette Cat anecdotes 5 October 19th 05 07:01 AM
RB Kitty story invite (Rocky's Story" reposted - Longish) Steve Touchstone Cat anecdotes 2 July 15th 05 07:14 AM