'Screaming' Rabid Cat Attacks 15 In Neighborhood

Old January 9th 06, 07:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default 'Screaming' Rabid Cat Attacks 15 In Neighborhood

http://www.local6.com/news/5890364/detail.html

Old January 9th 06, 07:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

WOW. That is terrible

Old January 9th 06, 07:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"The cat came up from behind us and was screaming," cat attack victim Adam
Maul said. "I mean I've never heard a cat scream so loud. The cat ran out
from underneath the car and bit me in my ankle."

Not to make light of this, but that's Bandit's "normal" behavior -
seriously!

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old January 9th 06, 09:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

NMR wrote:

http://www.local6.com/news/5890364/detail.html

Poor thing. I feel bad for the people who were bitten, but also for
the cat, who must have been really suffering.

Joyce
Old January 9th 06, 11:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

CatNipped wrote:
Not to make light of this, but that's Bandit's "normal" behavior -
seriously!

Not true, she's a sweetheart... ;-)

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old January 9th 06, 11:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:
Not to make light of this, but that's Bandit's "normal" behavior -
seriously!

Not true, she's a sweetheart... ;-)

LOL! Yeah, right - tell that to Roman and Toby (Toby was the one who was
standing on the back rest of my sofa, hugging the wall, and screaming "Get
her away from me, get her away from me!" ;

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he
Email me he

Old January 10th 06, 03:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

CatNipped wrote:
LOL! Yeah, right - tell that to Roman and Toby (Toby was the one who was
standing on the back rest of my sofa, hugging the wall, and screaming "Get
her away from me, get her away from me!" ;

Didn't she purr when I pet her?

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old January 10th 06, 05:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

CatNipped wrote:
"The cat came up from behind us and was screaming," cat attack victim Adam
Maul said. "I mean I've never heard a cat scream so loud. The cat ran out
from underneath the car and bit me in my ankle."

Not to make light of this, but that's Bandit's "normal" behavior -
seriously!

It's also normal scared cat behavior. I need to read to read the
article but I will bet this cat isn't rabid.
-L.

Old January 10th 06, 08:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"-L." wrote in message
ups.com...

CatNipped wrote:
"The cat came up from behind us and was screaming," cat attack victim
Adam
Maul said. "I mean I've never heard a cat scream so loud. The cat ran out
from underneath the car and bit me in my ankle."

Not to make light of this, but that's Bandit's "normal" behavior -
seriously!

It's also normal scared cat behavior. I need to read to read the
article but I will bet this cat isn't rabid.
-L.

That's what I thought, but I read one article that says the cat was tested
(which means a necropsy) and the report came back positive for rabies.
Fifteen people have begun receiving rabies shots, and an alert has posted
for anyone else who may have come into contact with the cat. There are also
concerns for outdoor pets in the area (and wildlife, I presume).

MaryL

Old January 10th 06, 09:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

MaryL wrote:

That's what I thought, but I read one article that says the cat was tested
(which means a necropsy) and the report came back positive for rabies.
Fifteen people have begun receiving rabies shots, and an alert has posted
for anyone else who may have come into contact with the cat. There are also
concerns for outdoor pets in the area (and wildlife, I presume).

MaryL

I know - I am blown away. That's gotta be the first rabit cat in 100
years or something. Last time I looked it up, it was virtually
nonexistent in cats. Now I am wondering if a cat we had at the vet one
time could have been rabid. He was acting very similarly and we
couldn't find a reason for it - the vet basically said he must have a
brain problem we can't diagnose, and they euthanized him. I am sure
they didn't check him for rabies. That kind of thing scares the
bejeebus out of me.
-L.