OT More Misheard Lyrics

Old September 7th 04, 02:45 PM
HD

On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 01:25:08 GMT, O J wrote:

On Mon, 06 Sep, Theresa wrote:

Anybody remember that Gordon Lighfoot song, "The Wreck of the Ella
Fitzgerald"?

The canonical list of misheard lyrics is at:
http://www.kissthisguy.com/

The web site is named after the most misheard lyrics there are, the
line, "Scuse me while I kiss the sky" from "All Along The Watchtower."
Some of them are hilarious but the real laughs come from the situation
the person was in when they discovered the error.

One teenager was trying to impress a boy she liked at a weekend party
and sang along with the stereo, "Like A Rhinestone Pine Cone" instead
of "Like A Rhinestone Cowboy." Monday morning in school she found she
had acquired "Rhinestone Pine Cone" as a new nickname.

A surprising number of people found out that they had misheard the
lyrics while singing at a karaoke bar. Nothing like making an ass of
yourself in front of a bunch of drunken strangers.

Regards and Purrs,
O J

I always thought that it was "Like a Real Stoned Cowboy".

Old September 7th 04, 04:34 PM
Bobcat

wrote:

On Mon, 06 Sep, Theresa wrote:

[...]

My all-time favourite misheard lyrics are from Walt Kelly's great
comic strip, Pogo, in which the folks in the halls have a go at the
carol, "Deck the Halls". Here are a couple of versions of the lyrics
they come up with.

http://www.igopogo.com/deck_us_all.htm

Old September 7th 04, 05:04 PM
HD

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 11:34:56 -0400, "Bobcat"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

On Mon, 06 Sep, Theresa wrote:

[...]

You remember Pogo?
We have met the enemy and they is us!

Old September 7th 04, 08:42 PM
Bobcat

"HD" wrote in message
On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 11:34:56 -0400, "Bobcat"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

On Mon, 06 Sep, Theresa wrote:

[...]

Ah yes, I remember him well. And all the other inhabitants of the
swamp. And that famous phrase! Walt Kelly first used that quote from
his famous possum on a poster for Earth Day in 1970. In 1971, he did a
two panel version with Pogo and Porky Porcupine in a trash filled
swamp...Pogo responding to Porky with "YEP, SON, WE HAVE MET THE ENEMY
AND HE IS US." In 1972, it was the title of a book, Pogo: We Have Met
the Enemy and He Is Us.
To see the poster, and a couple of editions of the book, click here,
and after you do, click on the sidebar and read Walt Kelly talking
about the phrase...

http://www.igopogo.com/we_have_met.htm