So I'm sitting here whining to myself ...

Old September 7th 04, 12:14 PM
O J

Default So I'm sitting here whining to myself ...

Hi All,

So I'm sitting here whining to myself that I seemed to have gotten
relatively few follow-ups to my last two stories. I knew that I had
satisfied myself with them by the time they were finished, but where
were the precious add-on articles telling me how full of pathos was
the story of Puss Puss' year on the streets as an old bag lady. Where
were the kind words remarking on my exposition of the tricks of my
Smokey man who'd prefer to get picked up than leap to the top of a
counter on his own? Whine! Whine! Whine!

And all this whining on a day when the keeper of a web page of cat
stories asked if I would consent to have my story of Smokey as the
bos'n of the good ship Mouser published on his web page. Jeeeeezzz -
some people are hard to please. The webmaster already has some
stories up from one among our number. Several of Jill Mcquown's
articles grace the web site too. You can see it at
http://blakjak.com/sty_menu.htm
My stories should be up in a day or two, but hopefully you've already
seen them.

But seriously folks -- no, really -- a friend and true Net Ghod from
another newsgroup told me long ago the some of his best stuff goes
begging for a follow-up or a complimentary email. He warned me to
expect the same. I know this has been discussed in another thread,
but let me say it again, as much to remind myself as to counsel anyone
else. If you're happy with the story, publish it and feel satisfied
that it will likely be enjoyed by most of those who read it. If you
garner any compliments, that's a bonus, not a payoff.

Well, now I've made myself feel better. You'd think an adult would
find that easy. Right!

Regards and thanks for putting up with me,
O J
Old September 7th 04, 02:19 PM
JBHajos

On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 11:14:55 GMT, O J wrote:

So I'm sitting here whining to myself that I seemed to have gotten
relatively few follow-ups to my last two stories. Whine! Whine! Whine!

Ha! I know the feeling!!! Even earlier this year when I posted
something very important to me and thought was good, response was
nearly zilch. I was so miffed, I ignored the group for over six
weeks. Was I missed? Nope. Though I've been active here for nearly
seven years, there was not even a "whatever happened to....?"
Humph!!! Talk about an inane, infantile reaction!! I'm mature enough
to know better but sometimes we do get a bit irrational.

That said, I'm guilty as charged of not responding to good stuff.
I've pretty much pared down replies to sending purrs when requested.
Better late than never, be assured your stories *are* enjoyed and
appreciated. In fact, I've saved those two you mentioned. I'm glad
you wrote this - from now on I'll follow my better instincts and let
folks know their efforts are not in vain. Thanks.

Jeanne

Old September 7th 04, 02:31 PM
Sherry

Hi All,

So I'm sitting here whining to myself that I seemed to have gotten
relatively few follow-ups to my last two stories. I knew that I had
satisfied myself with them by the time they were finished, but where
were the precious add-on articles telling me how full of pathos was
the story of Puss Puss' year on the streets as an old bag lady. Where
were the kind words remarking on my exposition of the tricks of my
Smokey man who'd prefer to get picked up than leap to the top of a
counter on his own? Whine! Whine! Whine!

No! I read it! I loved it! I hardly ever comment on stories though I love them.
I try to always respond to purr requests. But it seems like I am always
blabbing on here about something or other, and sometimes afraid somebody's
going to say, "You can shut up now."

Sherry

Old September 7th 04, 02:33 PM
CatNipped

"O J" wrote in message
Hi All,

So I'm sitting here whining to myself that I seemed to have gotten
relatively few follow-ups to my last two stories.

I think I did, although briefly, comment on the Puss Puss story - it was
very poignant. But I have been remiss about commenting on all the wonderful
stories that have been posted here, and do apologize. It is very important
to give positive feedback if you want to see a behavior continue - a basic
fact of human nature. I will try to be much more diligent in mentioning the
fact that I very much enjoy reading a good story, especially about cats.
Where else can you go on the 'net to find these gems??

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old September 7th 04, 02:35 PM
O J

On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 11:14:55 GMT, O J wrote:

Whine! Whine! Whine!

Hey, you want some cheese to go with that whine??

Regards and Purrs my butt,
Why Sass