Archer and Ozzy

Old March 24th 08, 02:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default Archer and Ozzy

I know I haven't posted a lot lately - I've been lurking only because life
has been whipping my butt something awful and I tend to go into full retreat
mode when that happens. However, I just needed to share this story.

The other morning DH let me "sleep in" (until all of 8AM!!) and he fed the
cats for me. I was in the kitchen about 15 minutes later and heard a loud,
disembodied meowing every time I spoke (OK, with 5 cats in our clowder
that's not an unusual occurrence). Also, Archer was hanging around the
pantry door and meowing too. "You've already been fed, boy, and your
daddy's a better cook than I am so what are you complaining about?" I asked
him (not expecting him to answer since I'm not completely around the bend
yet).

DH walked into the kitchen to ask what was going on. "Did you chase Ozzy
out of the pantry when you fed them this morning?" a thought occurred to
me - Ozzy always materializes out of nowhere when the pantry door is opened
because he knows that's where we keep his food and treats. "No, I didn't
see him in the pantry," he replied. I walked over to the pantry, opened the
door and out walked Ozzy looking quite smug and self-satisfied.

Now, my pantry isn't very big - it is only as deep as the shelves plus about
6 inches in front of the shelves. On the floor of the pantry were various
items that should have been on the shelves. On the first shelf our canned
vegetables were scattered and rolled around. On the second shelf our boxes
of Jello were overturned. On the third shelf our bottles of ketchup and
other sauces were knocked over. On the fourth shelf the cans of Fancy Feast
were even more scattered than the cans of vegetables on the first shelf. On
the fifth shelf Ozzy had hit the jackpot. There was the bag of cat treats,
still sealed at the top, but chewed through completely around the middle and
much less full than it had been only 15 minutes earlier!

Hopefully, in the future, DH will learn to check the pantry before closing
the door and I'll have less cleaning up to do after a naughty boy's pantry
raid!

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See all my masters he http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

Old March 24th 08, 04:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mc

On Mar 24, 10:09 am, "~*LiveLoveLaugh*~"
wrote:
"CatNipped" wrote in message

LOL

Don't count on the DH to learn from this experience...

chuckles
Old March 24th 08, 05:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
felinesopher

I love reading your stories here....hehehe I dont have any DH yet, but
it seems my brother look-a-like your DH experience, LOL
btw your site is cool, a magic block with cats picture on each side
and your webdesign is neat, I like it! unfortunately the 1st picture
in this webpage http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/With_Mommy.asp
couldnt be seen properly, I'm curiosity kill teh cat to see it but,
dun worry, my curiosity will do no harm to my feline family,
heheheh....

cheerz,
-eri-

Join my pondering today on feline & human at http://felinesophy.blogspot.com
like how cats can be nominated furr the best communicator in feline
nation!

Find out more about my feline family at http://meaouwytroops.blogspot.com

Old March 24th 08, 05:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"felinesopher" wrote in message
I love reading your stories here....hehehe I dont have any DH yet, but
it seems my brother look-a-like your DH experience, LOL
btw your site is cool, a magic block with cats picture on each side
and your webdesign is neat, I like it! unfortunately the 1st picture
in this webpage http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNipped/With_Mommy.asp
couldnt be seen properly, I'm curiosity kill teh cat to see it but,
dun worry, my curiosity will do no harm to my feline family,
heheheh....

Thank you! I used to be a web architect for a living before the bottom fell
out of that market, so it shames me that I don't put more time into keeping
that site up-to-date.

That picture you're referring to is a Java applet, you probably don't have
the plug-in needed to see it (it's just a slide-show of a few of Sammy's
pictures that are also on her page as regular photos).

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old March 24th 08, 08:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ann

Thanks for posting about the boys. I love reading stories about them

--
Ann
in Connecticut

*
*
*

Old March 25th 08, 12:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

~*LiveLoveLaugh*~ wrote:

"CatNipped" wrote in message

[...]

LOL, Lor! Thank goodness you knew to look!!

Yes, after all, he could have starved to death in there.

I'm amazed that the only thing you (Lori) could hear was the meowing,
and not the crashing and banging of an orange menace knocking over
everything in sight!

Joyce

--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.
Old March 25th 08, 12:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

wrote in message
~*LiveLoveLaugh*~ wrote:

"CatNipped" wrote in message

[...]

I think he already done that part before I got into the kitchen and was only
meowing when he finished eating and was ready to come out for his breakfast!
;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Joyce

--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.

Old March 25th 08, 06:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

"CatNipped" wrote in
:

wrote in message
~*LiveLoveLaugh*~ wrote:

"CatNipped" wrote in message

[...]

He may have just levitated the stuff down.

Old March 25th 08, 07:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"outsider" wrote in message
"CatNipped" wrote in
:

wrote in message
~*LiveLoveLaugh*~ wrote:

"CatNipped" wrote in message

[...]

This is true - DH swears he teleported into the pantry since DH would never
have been so careless, don't you know! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old March 30th 08, 10:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

CatNipped wrote:
I know I haven't posted a lot lately - I've been lurking only because life
has been whipping my butt something awful and I tend to go into full retreat
mode when that happens. However, I just needed to share this story.

snip
Hopefully, in the future, DH will learn to check the pantry before closing
the door and I'll have less cleaning up to do after a naughty boy's pantry
raid!

Great story!
Lots of purrs and best wishes for you, CN,
Polonca and Soncek

Ping Archer and Ozzy Kreisleriana[_3_] Cat anecdotes 1 February 27th 08 07:38 PM
ARCHER!!! CatNipped[_2_] Cat anecdotes 1 February 7th 08 11:54 PM
ARCHER!!!! CatNipped[_2_] Cat anecdotes 16 December 16th 07 06:45 PM
another Ozzy Steve Touchstone Cat anecdotes 2 December 10th 07 01:14 PM
Archer is out a bit CatNipped[_2_] Cat anecdotes 3 October 27th 07 10:05 PM