I thought I was dying

Old August 2nd 08, 05:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

Default I thought I was dying

"Irulan" wrote in message
. ..
wow, hope you're doing much better. I had
something similar happen to me years ago,
which turned out to be a gall bladder attack. I
thought I was having a heart attack! I did have
to have my gall bladder removed and thank
goodness the laparoscopy type operations were
starting then. I was in and out of the hospital
in a couple of days instead of the weeks of
hospitalization that most gall bladder operations required
up to then.
Good luck!

Lily & her mama

--
Irulan
from the stars we come

I spent last New Year's Eve in the most incredible pain. I finally went to
the ER about 9:00 a.m. New Year's Day. It turned out that I was feeling the
effects of *both* kidney stone and gall bladder From the ER, I was admitted
to the hospital -- and the next day I had my gall bladder removed and kidney
stone "pulverized" (laser). Like you, I had Laparoscopic surgery for the
gall bladder, and I was amazed at how simple the procedure was. I only have
3 tiny little incisions to show for it, and I even drove myself home from
the hospital (with my doctor's permission)!

MaryL

Old August 2nd 08, 06:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
wafflycat[_2_]

"kilikini" wrote in message
. com...

Sorry that you had to deal with it. :-(

kili

Not half as sorry as you would be if you had to deal with mine ;-)

I find that if I've got trapped wind, a gentle massage of the abdomen will
help work it down to the lace where it can be released. I am quite musical,
too. I also once farted on a loose floorboard. There was a cat attached to
the other end of the floorboard. A cat doing its crab impersonation with
tail like a Christmas tree six feet off the ground is quite amusing. In the
bath, in can prolong the effect of bubble bath. In a cold night, it can warm
the duvet. When one has a boyyfriend, you know you're on the track to a
long-term relationship when you are both comfortable being on farting-terms
;-)

Strike no matches.

Old August 2nd 08, 06:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_2_]

"wafflycat" wrote

| "kilikini" wrote in message
| . com...
|
| Sorry that you had to deal with it. :-(
|
| Not half as sorry as you would be if you had to deal with mine ;-)
|
| I find that if I've got trapped wind, a gentle massage of the abdomen will
| help work it down to the lace where it can be released. I am quite
musical,
| too. I also once farted on a loose floorboard. There was a cat attached to
| the other end of the floorboard. A cat doing its crab impersonation with
| tail like a Christmas tree six feet off the ground is quite amusing. In
the
| bath, in can prolong the effect of bubble bath. In a cold night, it can
warm
| the duvet. When one has a boyyfriend, you know you're on the track to a
| long-term relationship when you are both comfortable being on
farting-terms
| ;-)

I'd like to think this was the cause of my problem, but for the explanation
to fit, wouldn't it require at some point that I would have passed some
wind? I never did. There just wasn't any obvious gas involved.

Old August 2nd 08, 06:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

Sherry wrote:
On Aug 2, 8:33?am, "Irulan" wrote:
wow, hope you're doing much better. I had
something similar happen to me years ago,
which turned out to be a gall bladder attack. I
thought I was having a heart attack! I did have
to have my gall bladder removed and thank
goodness the laparoscopy type operations were
starting then. I was in and out of the hospital
in a couple of days instead of the weeks of
hospitalization that most gall bladder operations required
up to then.
Good luck!

Lily & her mama

My dad had gall bladder surgery a few weeks ago, and I was amazed
at how much easier it is on the patient than the old-fashioned
surgery.
Most people do have chest pain involved, like you did. And if Dad ate
anything that was high in fat content, it brought on an attack of
chest
pain and bloating. Since symptoms vary with people, I imagine back
pain could be a symptom, too. Gallbladder problems are easy to
diagnose. Usually they show up well with just an ultrasound.

Sherry

Or a CT scan. That's how they found mine.

kili

Old August 2nd 08, 06:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

wafflycat wrote:
"kilikini" wrote in message
. com...

Sorry that you had to deal with it. :-(

kili

Not half as sorry as you would be if you had to deal with mine ;-)

I find that if I've got trapped wind, a gentle massage of the abdomen
will help work it down to the lace where it can be released. I am
quite musical, too. I also once farted on a loose floorboard. There
was a cat attached to the other end of the floorboard. A cat doing
its crab impersonation with tail like a Christmas tree six feet off
the ground is quite amusing. In the bath, in can prolong the effect
of bubble bath. In a cold night, it can warm the duvet. When one has
a boyyfriend, you know you're on the track to a long-term
relationship when you are both comfortable being on farting-terms ;-)

Strike no matches.

Oh my GOSH, I'm laughing here! Thanks for that. :~)

kili

Old August 2nd 08, 07:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

"kilikini" wrote in message
. com...
Sherry wrote:
On Aug 2, 8:33?am, "Irulan" wrote:
[...]

Mine was also diagnosed with CT (followed by ultrasound before surgery).

I suspected before I left for the ER that I might be admitted to the
hospital. So, I called the woman who has been my cat-sitter for the last
five years and arranged for her to take care of Holly and Duffy. It is a
huge relief to have someone reliable like that who is available for
emergencies (and vacations).

MaryL

Old August 2nd 08, 07:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"kilikini" wrote in message
. com...
Irulan wrote:
wow, hope you're doing much better. I had
something similar happen to me years ago,
which turned out to be a gall bladder attack. I
thought I was having a heart attack! I did have
to have my gall bladder removed and thank
goodness the laparoscopy type operations were
starting then. I was in and out of the hospital
in a couple of days instead of the weeks of
hospitalization that most gall bladder operations required
up to then.
Good luck!

Lily & her mama

I didn't think of gall bladder, but that could be it, too. I need mine
out, but mine is complicated from my previous surgeries. I can't get it
done laparoscopically (I have no belly button) and my lower abdominals
have been removed to rebuild my chest. The complication is that the
muscles' blood supply is still attached to my waistline. If a surgeon
cuts through that blood supply, the muscles die.

So, to help avoid more surgery, I have once again drastically changed my
diet. Pretty soon I'll be down to just water. :-/

kili

{{{{{{{{{{Kili}}}}}}}}}}

I would say that that sucks rotten eggs, but you probably can't eat eggs
either! ;

BTW, I hold you up as an example of courage whenever I start feeling sorry
for myself about some little ache or pain. I am constantly amazed by your
bright spirit even after all you've been through!

Nose Kisses,

CatNipped

Old August 2nd 08, 07:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"wafflycat" wrote in message

"kilikini" wrote in message
. com...

Sorry that you had to deal with it. :-(

kili

Not half as sorry as you would be if you had to deal with mine ;-)

I find that if I've got trapped wind, a gentle massage of the abdomen will
help work it down to the lace where it can be released. I am quite
musical, too. I also once farted on a loose floorboard. There was a cat
attached to the other end of the floorboard. A cat doing its crab
impersonation with tail like a Christmas tree six feet off the ground is
quite amusing. In the bath, in can prolong the effect of bubble bath. In a
cold night, it can warm the duvet. When one has a boyyfriend, you know
you're on the track to a long-term relationship when you are both
comfortable being on farting-terms ;-)

Strike no matches.

F*rt proudly, Helen. You know your marriage is secure when you not only are
comfortable with each other's gas, but glory in it. Rob is a professional,
but appreciates my amature efforts to emulate the master.

Pam S.

Old August 2nd 08, 07:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"tanadashoes" wrote in message
m...

"wafflycat" wrote in message

"kilikini" wrote in message
[...]

Ben prides himself on being able to belch actual words! Aren't men just
lovely creatures!? ;

Happy Tails,

CatNipped

Old August 2nd 08, 08:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"kilikini"
Irulan wrote:
[...]

(((((((((HUGS))))))) and purrs to all of you to get feeling better
Kyla

A Thought for Today Kyla =^. .^= Cat anecdotes 0 May 21st 08 09:51 PM
O. T. but cute, I thought Granby Cat anecdotes 25 February 10th 08 11:35 PM
Pearl in thought Karen Cat anecdotes 5 March 25th 05 02:57 AM
Who would have thought... dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers Cat anecdotes 18 July 4th 04 09:19 PM
And I thought my cat was fat... Rona Yuthasastrakosol Cat health & behaviour 34 April 7th 04 05:33 AM