what is your cats favorite toy ?

Old July 26th 11, 06:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default what is your cats favorite toy ?

"Michael Lane" wrote in message
Blackie, one of ours, toy is a roll of paper towels. He will tear it to
pieces, all the time looking over his back to see what I am doing, sorta
like , How am I doing Dad ? Makes heck of mess , but just vacuum it up
till next rol . lol

Michael Lane
n Flatrock, Tennessee

Aside from empty boxes and paper bags... Persia loves this little "sock"
containing catnip. It has a velcro enclosure. It can be filled with dried
catnip. Persia doesn't go crazy on catnip. She licks and sniffs the sock
and gets very mellow. (I store the dried catnip in the freezer. As with any
herb, it maintains freshness if you freeze it). That's her favourite toy.
She's about 14, maybe 15 (I'm guessing; I don't really know how old she was
when she came to me). She doesn't much care for active playing much
anymore. But she still gets the occasional zoomies

Jill

Old July 26th 11, 07:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
J J Levin

"jmcquown" wrote in message

[...]

Pardon my ignorance, please: what are zoomies?

Jay

Old July 26th 11, 08:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

On 7/26/2011 1:49 PM, J J Levin wrote:
wrote in message

"Michael wrote in message
[...]

Usually at sunset, or even dawn (cats are crepuscular) cats will
suddenly jump up and run really fast (zooming) around the house for
seemingly no reason at all except to burn off excess energy. As *most*
cats get older they'll slow down, but our Jessie is an exception to that
rule - she never walks when she can run! ;

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, created by "Yowie", maintained by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.net/rpcablog/

Old July 26th 11, 09:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
J J Levin

wrote in message

"Michael wrote in message
[...]

Oh, just like my kids when they were a lot younger :-)

Thanks,

Jay

Old July 26th 11, 09:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

wrote in message

"Michael wrote in message
[...]

Yep, exactly. They're just better than us hoomins when it comes to
exercising (but that goes without saying since they're the masters and
we're the lowly slaves to their every want and need ;).

Old July 27th 11, 02:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

J J Levin wrote:

"jmcquown" wrote in message

[...]

Zoomies are when your cats suddenly decide it's time to imitate a herd
of buffalo, and race around your house at top speed - and top volume. If
you could only hear them but not see them, you'd never guess how little
those noisy animals actually weighed. My former neighbor, who lived in the
apartment below mine, told me it sounded like like large animals clomping
around above her ceiling while she was lying in bed. But then she said she
found it comforting. A true animal lover!

Joyce

--
Beauty and music seduce us first; later, ashamed of our own
sensuality, we insist on meaning. -- Clive Barker
Old July 27th 11, 06:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

wrote in message
J J Levin wrote:

"jmcquown" wrote in message

[...]

Exactly! She'll just take off around the house, zooming ("zoomies") from
room to room. Charge!!!! She dashes around, bounces off the bed to the
sofa and and so on. Then... it's quiet again. Oh boy, that was fun. Now
it's nap time

Jill

Old July 27th 11, 08:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jeanette Greaves

The catnip mice made by my friend Maureen are popular with my lot.
Ripley's pretty much uninterested in toys unless there's catnip in
them. Cav likes boxes, he gets inside then tears them apart. Annie
will play for hours with a scrunched up ball of paper. She'll carry it
to the top of the stairs, thow it down, then chase it madly to try to
catch it before it reaches the bottom.

Jeanette