Argh...and kitten news

Old August 24th 11, 01:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief[_2_]

Default Argh...and kitten news

Well the rough part is that I lost my job at the vet clinic...things
just 'weren't working out' and it all comes down to the right fit.

And it didn't help that I've been having panic attacks sporatically
all month, and losing the one job that makes the most money is not
helping at all.

Guy's health has him in a nursing home, where he can get nursing care
24/7, but since he's the youngest guy there, it's really depressing
for him. bleah....

Oh yeah and I lost the vet job that will get me discount shots for the
Kitten and most importantly discounted care for my three
cats....double bleah...I still have my job at Brookstone, but it's
part time and makes only $10 an hour where the vet job paid $15....not
sure how i'm gonna pay rent and bills.....

so to help avert another panic attack....here's a story with the
Kitten....who has graduated from a cute ball of lint to a
hoolikitten..an 8 week old kitten is equivalent to a 2.5 year old
human child. bleah....he likes to stalk and pounce on my ankles...

So please spare some purrs and prayers for me...

Kitten: Hop....Hop....Hop.....POUNCE!!! DIEIDIEDIEDIEDIE!!!!!
Mayhem: Damn, that kit has some decent skills...
Mischief: You still watching that THING?
Mayhem: Yeah, so? he IS kinda cute...he's actually looking like one
of us instead of a fuzzy ball of lint.
Mischief: He will NEVER be one of us. Remember what Meowmie said,
she PROMISED she would take him away when he got bigger.
Kitten: BANZAI!!! (runs through room dragging shoelace)
Mischief: HEY! You little brat, that's MY shoelace!
Mayhem: Actually that one was mine, yours is in the living room.
Mischief: Harumph, whatEVER...the sooner that THING is out of here
the better.
Kitten: (runs up and stops) Hello, whatcha doing?
Mischief: I'm TRYING to take a nap. (twitches tail)
Kitten: Look OUT You have a snake on your butt. I'll kill it!
Mischief: (hisses and swings) GET OUTTA HERE!!
Kitten: Yikes!! Retreat!! (runs away)
Mischief: If it were up to me, I'd chop off his furry head. I'm the
QUEEN, remember, I say OFF with his HEAD!
Mayhem: Now, Now, your Majesty, there are easier ways to keep the
Kitten occupied. Let the Princess handle this..Watch...Oh excuse me?
Kitten: Huh? Who? What? You talking to me?
Mayhem: Yes, I couldn't help but notice your blanket in the other
room, the one you killed, I think i saw it still twitching.
Kitten: WHAT? i NEED TO KILL IT AGAIN!! DIE!!!! (runs out)
Mayhem: See? That will keep him busy for a while.
Mischief: Harumph, That kitten is Trouble, mind you, TROUBLE!!
Old August 24th 11, 04:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

On 8/23/2011 7:53 PM, Mischief wrote:
[...]

{{{{{{{{{{Kristi}}}}}}}}}}

I swear girl, you're just like me, fate never seems to cut you some slack.

What can I say? About all we have left is lots and lots of dilapidated
rooms, just schlep your butt down here if you need to. After Katrina we
had 18 living beings under this roof for about six months, and nobody's
toes got stepped on. And the invitation is *not* just because I wanna
kitten so bad! ;

Of course, if our luck comes in contact with each other it might cause
an implosion resulting in a black hole! ;

Chin up, sweetie, I've managed to (somewhat) survive frackin' fate for
60 years now, if it doesn't get better at least it keeps on keeping on.
My invitation to Joyce is, of course, extended to you too... email me,
send me your phone number, any time you need to talk I'm here to listen.
It's time I paid back some of the support the people here have given
me over the years.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, created by "Yowie", maintained by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.net/rpcablog/

Old August 24th 11, 06:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Mischief" wrote in message
[...]

I'm so sorry about your job and the other problems! The Kitten sounds like
a mixed blessing - wonderful entertainment, but, as Mischief says, TROUBLE.

Hugs and purrs,

Joy

Old August 26th 11, 06:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Aug 23, 5:53*pm, Mischief wrote:

Guy's health has him in a nursing home, where he can get nursing care
24/7, but since he's the youngest guy there, it's really depressing
for him. *bleah....

Had exactly the same problem when Dave was in Thames House.....there
were times when he used to hang around the ward doors when I was due
to come in because he just so wanted to get out from there!

Also a lot of the staff had a problem because he wasn't old- we got
told off for things like going to the pub ...why didn't he want to to
church? Or a shopping centre? (Literally the first weekend he was in
there I was doing the form about taking him out and the nurse was
saying "We normally onlylet people out to go to church but we let
George out as a special favour as his family were taking him to
Lakeside shopping centre"- I've been there once and frankly several
levels of Hell hold no fear after that! ) but the idea we might want
to go get a meal was beyond them- many a time the attitude was "he has
food here so why does he want to go out?!" and the reply along the
lines of "He may have food here but I dont and I need food" was
usually met with a look of disbelief! I suspect I was supposed to
starve

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old August 26th 11, 06:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

On 8/26/2011 12:27 PM, Lesley wrote:
On Aug 23, 5:53 pm, wrote:

[...]

Having been in an "extending care nursing facility", my answer would
have been, yes I had food, but was it edible? I used to get so
frustrated because everyone was constantly urging me to gain weight -
eat, eat, eat, eat... but even when I had an appetite, the food they
brought was so bad that it would literally make me sick.

Old August 27th 11, 04:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Aug 26, 10:37*am, CatNipped wrote:

Having been in an "extending care nursing facility", my answer would
have been, yes I had food, but was it edible? *

Dave said the food in Thames House wasn't too bad apart from the Irish
Stew which when I asked him what it tasted like replied "Greyhound" (I
didn't ask how he knew what greyhound tasted like!) but the food in
the London hospital was dreadful- there was a cafe over the road and
when I asked if they did takeaways I was informed not only did they do
takeaways but they reckoned to have done more to prevent malnutrion
than the dieticians!

The all time winner was when Dave discovered the Halal diet was better
and one night he'd ordered macaroni cheese, mash and peas but it
turned out there was one chicken madras and rice left so he said he's
have it-so what did they do, served it on top of the macaroni cheese
etc! He ate the curry then got told off for not eating his official
dinner!

Old August 27th 11, 08:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley[_4_]

On Aug 27, 11:25*am, Judith Latham
wrote:

or is it joined up thinking, or
maybe just thinking.

I have so many examples of lack of joined up thinking with Dave and
the NHS it isn't true. For example when he first got out of hospital
he had the intensive physiotherapy team coming round- plan they would
come for 12 weeks then the next physiotherapy team would come but Dave
worked so hard the first team achieved all their targets within 6
weeks so they just left us hanging around because it didn't occur to
them to tell the second team he was ready for them!