OT Joke mature rating

Old November 2nd 08, 04:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Default OT Joke mature rating

On Oct 30, 10:13*am, wrote:
Might be an age thing, rather than location. I don't know how much
that
term is used today. (UK folks, can you verify?) It was very common when
I was young, in the 1960s. I heard it a lot because of the "British
Invasion" - pop music from England, starting with the Beatles and opening
a wave of British pop groups, that dominated American pop radio for several
years in the 60s.

"Bird" as slang for a female is still used in England (It's probably
where the American expression "Chicks" comes from) although not as
much these days- it's been used for as long as I've been around (50
years)

But of course the question remains- why are women called birds?

Answer: Because of the worms we pick up!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old November 2nd 08, 06:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

"Lesley" wrote in message
On Oct 30, 10:13 am, wrote:
Might be an age thing, rather than location. I don't know how much
that
term is used today. (UK folks, can you verify?) It was very common when
I was young, in the 1960s. I heard it a lot because of the "British
Invasion" - pop music from England, starting with the Beatles and opening
a wave of British pop groups, that dominated American pop radio for
several
years in the 60s.

"Bird" as slang for a female is still used in England (It's probably
where the American expression "Chicks" comes from) although not as
much these days- it's been used for as long as I've been around (50
years)

But of course the question remains- why are women called birds?

Answer: Because of the worms we pick up!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

I was thinking of why they call you chicks all the hen pecking your do to
us and clucking you do around each other
evil smile
running for cover

Old November 2nd 08, 10:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Lesley wrote:
On Oct 30, 10:13 am, wrote:
Might be an age thing, rather than location. I don't know how much
that
term is used today. (UK folks, can you verify?) It was very common when
I was young, in the 1960s. I heard it a lot because of the "British
Invasion" - pop music from England, starting with the Beatles and opening
a wave of British pop groups, that dominated American pop radio for several
years in the 60s.

"Bird" as slang for a female is still used in England (It's probably
where the American expression "Chicks" comes from) although not as
much these days- it's been used for as long as I've been around (50
years)

But of course the question remains- why are women called birds?

Answer: Because of the worms we pick up!

LOL! (All too often true, alas!)