Visits from "beyond"...

Old February 28th 11, 05:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
~*LiveLoveLaugh*~[_2_]

Default Visits from "beyond"...

For those of us who have fur babies at the Rainbow Bridge, this question is
for you. Do you ever feel/see/hear the presence of the animal that has
passed?? When I put my Ragdoll down 6 or 7 years ago (God Bless you, Sade),
I used to hear her meow/cry for me when I was in the bathroom upstairs. The
door was always open, but I would hear this faint "mewing" sound of Sade's.
It was only in that bathroom that I ever heard it. Now, since my Basset
Hound went to the RB on Nov. 1st, I have the STRANGEST things going on. I
have see his shadow, I have heard him drinking water in the kitchen, and
last night, I heard him shake his head in the den while I was in my bedroom
watching TV. I was so engrossed w/the movie I was watching that when I
heard Hap shake his head, I got right up and went into my den. I'm not sure
what I was expecting to see. And no, no mind altering substances have been
taken!! Lastly, when it got to be about bedtime, my Blue Point Maui, jumped
on the dresser, walked to wear I have Happy's lead hanging and started to
pull on it. Prior to this, Maui hasn't taken an interest to the lead there
at all. I truly believe in spiritual visits... but when they happen, I
guess I can say I'm almost "alarmed" at first. Anybody else get "visits"
like this??

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
Laurie
((¸¸.·´ ..·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸ ·.·

*~*LiveLoveLaugh*~*

All that I am or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
~Abraham Lincoln

Old February 28th 11, 06:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mishi[_2_]

On 2/28/2011 12:52 PM, ~*LiveLoveLaugh*~ wrote:
[...]

Hi Laurie,

I have had visits from a few of my RB babies. Not long after my heart
cat, Nyota died, I was sitting on the bed when I felt someone jump up. I
looked over to see who it was, and saw no one - but I saw the comforter
being depressed, like someone walking across the bed at me. Whomever it
was stopped about a foot from me. I believe it was Nyota coming to say
she was ok, and still around. I have heard my RB boston terrier, Jasper
a few times. He used to snore big time, and I have heard that, plus I
have heard his 'jingles' (tags) in the back seat of my car. It was so
clear that I looked in the mirror for him. . Recently, I was lying in
bed, and felt someone lay down beside me and lean into me. I put my hand
down to see who it was, and no one was 'physically' there. One of my
crew jumped up and walked over to me, and walked around the 'fur person'
who was lying there. Whoever it was stayed quite some time, and visited
me again the next night.

I do believe that they visit from time to time, just to say hello and
comfort us.

Patti
PS: Sometimes I hear my mother cough, and smell her perfume. She has
been gone 4 1/2 years now.
Old February 28th 11, 06:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Aldolphi

On 28/02/2011 17:52, ~*LiveLoveLaugh*~ wrote:
For those of us who have fur babies at the Rainbow Bridge, this question
is for you. Do you ever feel/see/hear the presence of the animal that
has passed??

I strongly recommend you watch this...

http://www.blinkbox.com/Free/Televis...S01E01-Messiah

(you may need to copy/paste the link if it's split over two lines)

Info he
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messiah...own_special%29
Old February 28th 11, 06:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
~*LiveLoveLaugh*~[_2_]

"Aldolphi" wrote in message ...

On 28/02/2011 17:52, ~*LiveLoveLaugh*~ wrote:
For those of us who have fur babies at the Rainbow Bridge, this question
is for you. Do you ever feel/see/hear the presence of the animal that
has passed??

I strongly recommend you watch this...

----

It says "You cannot access this in your region". Any other way of seeing
it?

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
Laurie
((¸¸.·´ ..·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸ ·.·

Old February 28th 11, 06:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
BfloPolska

Oh HELL yes we get them. Oddly, Louie is the one who experiences them
more than I; Louie, the engineer, the scientist, the one who believes
in God but not the paranormal. Louie was the one who saw Fritzie
depart his body as the prayer for the dead was recited; Louie saw my
mother's dog Bozer come to meet Fritzie for he was Fritzie's first
friend. Bozer died many years before and Louie described him in
perfect detail--I had never done told Louie as much as he told me that
day. It was Louie who realized that Roxie behaved differently
sometimes after Odessa died. There are times Roxie will trill to
herself as if in conversation, and play with Odessa's favorite toy.

Sometimes I would see a black cat curled up in front of one of the
heating vents. Whether Fritzie or Odessa, I could only tell by
relative size. Fritzie was a huge cat, our Odessa-doll slim and
delicate. My thing was seeing the cats before they came to us. In the
weeks after Fritzie died, I saw tuxies in my dreams, just walking by
and offering friendly greetings. Our first cat after Fritzie, Stosh,
is a tuxie, as is Roxie and Sabrina; and for a while before my friend
Marilyn passed I dreamed of big orange cats. I later learned that were
we were meant to have taken an orange cat first, with China and Philip
following after some vet work, but the cat I called William was FIV+
and the shelter didn't feel right placing him with my negative-tested
cats.

Blessed be,
Baha

On Feb 28, 12:52*pm, "~*LiveLoveLaugh*~"
wrote:
[...]

. )) -: :-
. . ))
Laurie
(( . ..
-: :- (( .

Old February 28th 11, 06:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mishi[_2_]

On 2/28/2011 1:29 PM, ~*LiveLoveLaugh*~ wrote:
"Aldolphi" wrote in message ...

[...]

Laurie,

It is about the power of suggestion, basically saying that we who
believe in the afterlife are gullible.

Patti

Old February 28th 11, 07:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

wrote:
[...]

I get them at times. When I walk Bear and little Samantha I sometimes
see BD and Snowball, RB dogs, walking along with us. Before I got
WooToo I would feel a cat walking on my bed and was just as if Feather
was back. The cats are always happy when the dogs and I come in from a
walk (at least until Bear shakes water all over them :-,) but there is
sometimes one purr from Maggy May, who passed away this past year. It
is unmistakable. Maggy May loves her dogs and greets them every once
in awhile.

Sometimes the living seem to "channel" those who have gone before.
Missy does not like humans and never tried to initiate any
"conversation" with us. Then Winnie, her brother, went to the Bridge.
Now Missy does a very good imitation of Winnie asking me for breakfast
for the cats. She stands like him on the counter and makes eye-
contact, just like he did. And WooToo has several times let me know
that my mom, who is WooToos real mom, would appreciate it if I would
clean our room and cut my hair.

--
Will in New Haven
Old February 28th 11, 08:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Aldolphi

On 28/02/2011 18:34, Mishi wrote:

It is about the power of suggestion, basically saying that we who
believe in the afterlife are gullible.

Actually, it's about why those with certain beliefs detach themselves
from critical thinking and very seldom question the beliefs that have
been indoctrinated into them.

Gullibility isn't the premise of the show... so perhaps you should first
view it 'before' trying to critique it? I mean... if you're not willing
to test the beliefs you hold against scientific evidence and/or the
evidence of certain people using this human weakness as a means to gain
material advantage... then the show pretty much wins the argument it
sets out to highlight...

Old February 28th 11, 08:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Aldolphi

On 28/02/2011 18:32, BfloPolska wrote:
Oh HELL yes we get them. Oddly, Louie is the one who experiences them
more than I; Louie, the engineer, the scientist, the one who believes
in God but not the paranormal.

A scientist believing in a God? I find this notion quite worrying given
that science is based on evidence whereas there's actually no evidence
of a God... I hope he doesn't use faith as a guide when conducting
research!
Old February 28th 11, 09:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

I can still feel Jazz jump up onto the bed at night sometimes.

Lily & her mama

--
Irulan
from the stars we come