Home at last

Old December 13th 11, 01:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

Default Home at last

At last I am home after breaking my ankle in a major way on October 16, so
severely it had to be plated and pinned. I was in hospital for 6 days
before they could operate because my ankle was so swollen, I learned from my
shoulder break to call for help immediately and an ambulance came with blue
lights.
After the op I was in the hospital for another 6 days and I was not allowed
to weight bear on my foot for 5-6 weeks so I could not go home as my toilet
and bedroom are upstairs but they let me go to my aunt's house as she has a
stairlift.
I've been there for what seems an age, until today.
It was like I was in a timezone, I was not able to go outside and their
house is very warm, had no idea of the weather or what was happening in the
real world. I'm surprised to find out it's nearly Christmas.
When I got home my house is FREEZING, but I have lit the woodburner.

I have some disabled thingies to help me for a while. Toilet frames..I could
not have managed without them.
Zimmer frames.. still useful, perching stool to sit at the kitchen worktop
without being on two feet.
I was so unable to get up any step with one foot that I was confined to the
house. It was impossible.
My aunt tried (without telling me, I think she didn't believe it) but she
admitted she couldn't do it either.

Boyfie is so amazed that I've come back that he cannot stop meowing.

Tweed

Aw poor Boyfie - I can only imagine how lost and abandoned he felt - I
went through the same thing with Archer - it's heartbreaking for both of
you.

I am *SO* thrilled that you're finally back home and on the group again.
Welcome back sweetie - you were very, very missed.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, created by "Yowie", maintained by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.net/rpcablog/

Old December 13th 11, 01:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Phoenix[_2_]

Christina Websell wrote:
At last I am home after breaking my ankle...

Welcome home and welcome back to RPCA! We missed you.

Boyfie is so amazed that I've come back that he cannot stop meowing.

I would imagine. He probably thought you had abandoned him
entirely. Poor fellow! Give him a scritchie from me, please.

Deborah
Old December 13th 11, 05:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Dec 12, 3:11*pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
[...]

What a terrible ordeal. I hope you have seen the end of operations and
hospitals for a long, long time. Poor Boyfie must have been so
lonesome
for you. Are you well enough to take care of yourself, and regular
chores yet?
Glad you are back.

Sherry
Old December 13th 11, 05:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MatSav[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...
At last I am home after breaking my ankle in a major way on
October 16,...

hApPY dANcE!!! :-)

A lot has happened while you've been away. So many, *too many*,
owners have gone to The Bridge :-(
Kristi's partner Guy also went to The Bridge, very suddenly and
unexpectedly - and her "raging ****weasel" (hereinafter referred
to as "RFW") of a landlord gave her an eviction notice on or
about the same day - but she's found a new place!
And a belated birthday greeting for you :-)

--
MatSav

Old December 13th 11, 10:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
BfloPolska

On Dec 12, 4:11*pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
At last I am home after breaking my ankle in a major way on October 16, so
severely it had to be plated and pinned. *I was in hospital for 6 days
before they could operate because my ankle was so swollen, I learned from my
shoulder break to call for help immediately and an ambulance came with blue
lights.

I'm glad to hear you're home and back with Boyfie! He'll be a
wonderful little nurse. Please just rest and get better!

Blessed be,
Elizabeth

Old December 13th 11, 06:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

wrote:
[...]

I am so happy that you are back home now. Please take it easy.
Boyfie must have missed you a lot. Take care. -- Winnie
Old December 14th 11, 12:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lisa Katt[_2_]

"Christina Websell" skrev i meddelandet
[...]

It is so good to hear that you are home at last.
As to going up a staircase with only one foot working:
You have to sit down on a step and then back up the stairs, using your sound
foot and your butt. Not comfortable but can be done.

I am happy for you and for Boyfie, together at last.
Elisabet

Old December 14th 11, 01:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

Goodness gracious, so glad to hear you are all right, Tweed! I too have been
diagnosed with osteoporosis and I have to be very careful concerning my
movements plus having to take meds for the condition. We hope you and
Boyfie have a very happy holiday season.

Lily & her mama

Irulan
from the stars we come
to the stars we return
from now until the end of time.

Old December 14th 11, 01:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

On 12/13/2011 6:59 PM, Lisa Katt wrote:
"Christina skrev i meddelandet
[...]

When I first came home from the nursing care hospital I "crawled" up the
stairs on hands and knees and descended just as you said. After this
second round of surgeries I'm not even at that stage yet.

Old December 14th 11, 10:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Adrian" wrote in message

I'm glad you and Boyfie are back together, and I certainly hope that is
the
last break you have.
--
Adrian

So do I, Adrian! It was only after the two fractures so close together that
the medics realised there was a problem.

Tweed