Ear Worm

Old December 28th 04, 04:19 AM
CatNipped

Default Ear Worm

OK, you'll probably hate me for this more than for the political rant that
started an argument, but like Bev with Bubbels, I *have* to share.

I bent down to pick up Sammy from the floor and bring her upstairs with me
and she let out her usual squeaky little "mew!" Full blown it just popped
into my head (and *man* is this telling my age) to the tune of "Speedo"...

Mee-ew, mee-ew, mew mee-ew
Mee-ew, mee-ew, mee-ee-ew mee-ew!

LOL, now get *that* one out of your head!!! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old December 28th 04, 04:43 AM
Seanette Blaylock

"CatNipped" had some very interesting things
to say about Ear Worm:

OK, you'll probably hate me for this more than for the political rant that
started an argument, but like Bev with Bubbels, I *have* to share.
I bent down to pick up Sammy from the floor and bring her upstairs with me
and she let out her usual squeaky little "mew!" Full blown it just popped
into my head (and *man* is this telling my age) to the tune of "Speedo"...
Mee-ew, mee-ew, mew mee-ew
Mee-ew, mee-ew, mee-ee-ew mee-ew!
LOL, now get *that* one out of your head!!! ;

Since I'm not familiar with the tune, this is not a challenge for me.
:-)

Old December 28th 04, 07:51 AM
MaryL

"CatNipped" wrote in message
OK, you'll probably hate me for this more than for the political rant that
started an argument, but like Bev with Bubbels, I *have* to share.

I bent down to pick up Sammy from the floor and bring her upstairs with me
and she let out her usual squeaky little "mew!" Full blown it just popped
into my head (and *man* is this telling my age) to the tune of "Speedo"...

Mee-ew, mee-ew, mew mee-ew
Mee-ew, mee-ew, mee-ee-ew mee-ew!

LOL, now get *that* one out of your head!!! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Well, it's a relief to see that you're only talking about music. I had a
much more dramatic (and unattractive) scenario in mind when I saw your title
of "ear *worm*".

MaryL

Old December 28th 04, 06:38 PM
CatNipped

"Seanette Blaylock" wrote in
message ...
"CatNipped" had some very interesting things
to say about Ear Worm:

OK, you'll probably hate me for this more than for the political rant

that
started an argument, but like Bev with Bubbels, I *have* to share.
I bent down to pick up Sammy from the floor and bring her upstairs with

me
and she let out her usual squeaky little "mew!" Full blown it just

popped
into my head (and *man* is this telling my age) to the tune of

"Speedo"...
Mee-ew, mee-ew, mew mee-ew
Mee-ew, mee-ew, mee-ee-ew mee-ew!
LOL, now get *that* one out of your head!!! ;

Since I'm not familiar with the tune, this is not a challenge for me.
:-)

Oh my gosh, now I *really* feel old. Does anyone here remember "Speedo" -
I'll elaborate on the lyrics (with some poetic license taken)...

Mee-ew, mee-ew, mew mee-ew
Mee-ew, mee-ew, mee-ee-ew mee-ew!

Well, now they often call me Speedo but my real name is Missy Sam [Sam,
Missy Sam]
Well, now they often call me Speedo but my real name is Missy Sam [Sam,
Missy Sam]
And if you think I am a pepper, well you can bet I am! [yes, I am, I am]

They often call me Speedo 'cause I don't believe in wastin' time [Time
(don't believe in) wastin' time]
They often call me Speedo but I don't believe in wastin' time [Time (don't
believe in) wastin' time]
I've known some tasty mousies and I've led them to life of crime [Crime,
life of crime]

Some they call me Flo and some they call me Jo
But just remember Speedo, she don't never take it slow

Now they often call me Speedo but my real name is Missy Sam [Sam, Missy Sam]
Well, I said it now
They often call me Speedo but my real name is Missy Sam [Sam, Missy Sam]
And if you think I am a pepper, well you can bet I am! [yes, yes, yes I am]

They often call me Speedo 'cause I don't believe in wastin' time [Time
(don't believe in) wastin' time]
They often call me Speedo but I don't believe in wastin' time [Time (don't
believe in) wastin' time]
I've known some tasty mousies and I've led them to life of crime [Crime,
life of crime]

Uuh, kitty, here comes that young Missy Sam again, kitty
She's so fine!
Oh, get on away from here, cat. I ain't going to be bothered with you
tonight
She can get low down too, can get to be a low down kit of a queen
Don't you be holding on to me now, get away!
Hello, Missy Sam!
Hey, you look good to me.
You too, kitty.
What's your name ?
My name is Mousie Lew

Anyone????

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old December 28th 04, 09:07 PM
Christina Websell

"OU812?" wrote in message
Jeanette wrote:

Seanette Blaylock wrote in
message

[...]

Me four! Sorry CN, it didn't work on any of us.
For those of you who are puzzled about the term "ear worm." You know when
you hear a song and can't stop it from going round in your head, and even
humming and singing it for ages? There is not a word in English to describe
this, but there is in German, my friend N told me it translates into English
as "ear worm." I think it's perfect to describe the way it wriggles into
your ear and won't go away. I have adopted it permanently as part of my
language. English was definitely missing a word to describe this
phenomenom. OMG, Kylie Minogue "I can't get you out of my head" That was
an ear worm for me.

Tweed

Old December 28th 04, 10:05 PM
CatNipped

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

Me four! Sorry CN, it didn't work on any of us.
For those of you who are puzzled about the term "ear worm." You know

when
you hear a song and can't stop it from going round in your head, and even
humming and singing it for ages? There is not a word in English to

describe
this, but there is in German, my friend N told me it translates into

English
as "ear worm." I think it's perfect to describe the way it wriggles into
your ear and won't go away. I have adopted it permanently as part of my
language. English was definitely missing a word to describe this
phenomenom. OMG, Kylie Minogue "I can't get you out of my head" That

was
an ear worm for me.

Tweed

That's exactly where I got it from, I remember you writing about that the
last time we were talking about songs you couldn't get out of your head. I
too thought it was a perfect term to describe the phenomenon.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old December 28th 04, 10:09 PM
Howard Berkowitz

In article , "CatNipped"
wrote:

Yep, very popular here back in 1956 - by "The Cadillacs", it was about the
lead tenor of the Cadillacs, Earl "Speedo" Carroll (the real lyrics are
"Well, now, they often call me Speedo but my real name is Mr. Earl").

I remember 1956, more or less, but don't remember "Speedo". Wasn't that
the year of "Purple People Eater", more or less? There are cats that I
have known that would relate to the lyrics of the latter.