breaking nooz

Old July 25th 05, 08:44 PM
Mme. Anaïs ^..^

Default breaking nooz

Xia Li, a molecular geneticist at Cornell University in New York found
that felines are unable to detect sweet-tasting compounds like sugars
and high intensity sweeteners because their sweet taste receptor is
missing".

"An obvious place to look, therefore, is at the genes coding for the
sweet-taste receptor."

So they did. Mammals taste sweet flavours via a receptor, a kind of
molecular doorway, called T1R on their taste bud cells. It has two
subunits, known as T1R2 and T1R3. Each is coded for by a separate
gene.

Writing in the journal, Public Library of Science Genetics, Li and
colleagues said they found a change in the gene encoding the T1R2
protein in domestic cats, tigers and cheetahs.

"Other than this 'sweet blindness', the cat's sense of taste is the
same as other mammals," the researchers wrote in their report, "and
cats will turn their noses up at sugary treats that do not contain
some other ingredient such as butter or gelatin."

Izzn't dis interestink, kittiez???
--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs
7/25/2005 3:35:39 PM
anais+at+electric-ink+dot+com
Old July 25th 05, 11:29 PM
Ranger Greykitten Mahoney

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 15:44:25 -0400, Mme. Anaïs ^..^ wrote:

Xia Li, a molecular geneticist at Cornell University in New York found
that felines are unable to detect sweet-tasting compounds like sugars
and high intensity sweeteners because their sweet taste receptor is
missing".

Is dey sure about dis? Cuz I shoor do like my sweets.

Ranger

Old July 26th 05, 12:42 AM
Mme. Anaïs ^..^

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 15:29:11 -0700, Ranger Greykitten Mahoney wrote:

Is dey sure about dis? Cuz I shoor do like my sweets.

Ranger

Datz hard to say, Ranger. After awl, he iz a hooman - whattid he do,
ask a kitty "is dis sweet?", he he?
--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs
7/25/2005 7:41:18 PM
anais+at+electric-ink+dot+com
Old July 26th 05, 01:00 AM
Fred Williams

On July 25, 2005 07:42 pmMme. Anaïs ^..^ wrote:

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 15:29:11 -0700, Ranger Greykitten Mahoney wrote:

Is dey sure about dis? Cuz I shoor do like my sweets.

Ranger

Datz hard to say, Ranger. After awl, he iz a hooman - whattid he do,
ask a kitty "is dis sweet?", he he?

I don't feel like I'ze missin anything, except possibly tooth
cavities!! I think we can probably do without sweets thank yu furry
much, although both Ryan and I like a good lick of frozen yogurt when
we can get it. What can I say, it tastes like milk and it's thick
and creamy.
Fred Mixes the juice of a lime with a scoop or two of black cherry
frozen yogurt a little of that sweet sugar and a cup or a cup and a
half of milk and then that blender monster screams at it for a half a
minute or so and it's all a thick creamy drink. We doesn't care for
the lime juice, but ifn he puts out a little of the frozen yogurt to
melt fur usses, that's a gudgud treat.
Today he came home wif a ball inna circular track and it's been
puzlin Ryan most uv da afternoon. I wuz furry curious about it, not
bekuz ov da ball, but becuz there is cats at the pet shop an I culd
smell them on da toy. That was interestin fur about two minutes.
Ryan plays wif it frum time to time and just gently and slowly,...
Deliberately,... that's da word. The advertising onna bocks says
it's supposed to drive us crazy. Well, it's not doing that, but Ryan
likes it anyway.
I think I smelled sum new 'nip inna plastik bag onna frige where we
can't reech it. Now that I could go krazy fur.

Diana & Ryan in Catnada

--
Regards Fred,
(Remove FFFf from my email address to reply, if by email).
Old July 26th 05, 01:20 AM
Beverly Orel

I fynd dat hard tu beleef. I lyke cukkeez an cake crums an eyce creem. Awl
uv dem ar sweet!

Lucey (rytn fur duh cuzzins)

Old July 26th 05, 04:25 AM
Mme. Anaïs ^..^

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 20:00:04 -0400, Fred Williams wrote:

Today he came home wif a ball inna circular track and it's been
puzlin Ryan most uv da afternoon. I wuz furry curious about it, not
bekuz ov da ball, but becuz there is cats at the pet shop an I culd
smell them on da toy. That was interestin fur about two minutes.
Ryan plays wif it frum time to time and just gently and slowly,...
Deliberately,... that's da word. The advertising onna bocks says
it's supposed to drive us crazy. Well, it's not doing that, but Ryan
likes it anyway.

Da hoomin bot me won uv dose, and I just kinda ignore it. An itz gud
to sleep on!

--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs
7/25/2005 11:24:13 PM
anais+at+electric-ink+dot+com
Old July 26th 05, 04:48 AM
Rebecca

"Fred Williams" wrote in message
On July 25, 2005 07:42 pmMme. Anaïs ^..^ wrote:

Today he came home wif a ball inna circular track and it's been
puzlin Ryan most uv da afternoon. I wuz furry curious about it, not
bekuz ov da ball, but becuz there is cats at the pet shop an I culd
smell them on da toy. That was interestin fur about two minutes.
Ryan plays wif it frum time to time and just gently and slowly,...
Deliberately,... that's da word. The advertising onna bocks says
it's supposed to drive us crazy. Well, it's not doing that, but Ryan
likes it anyway.
I think I smelled sum new 'nip inna plastik bag onna frige where we
can't reech it. Now that I could go krazy fur.

Diana & Ryan in Catnada

Well, I fingk itz purrobly a kase ub whut Mewomie callz "difurent strokez
fur difurent fokez". I juss LUBS my ball-inna-trak toy! When I playz wif
it, it endz up gittin flinged arown da rum an terned upside down.

Rebecca, toy connoisseuse

Old July 26th 05, 11:48 AM
Fred Williams

On July 25, 2005 07:42 pmMme. Ana� ^..^ wrote:

[...]

Difurent alright! Fur instance, the "Cat Treats" they make just
don't do a thing fur Ryan and I. We simpkly ignores them. Fred has
brot us all kinds that he can find and nun ov them do a thing fur
usses. We think it's genetic and we just don't haf the jeans to make
usses like the chemical they put in those, but we turns our noses up
at the little dried fishies tuu. We'z being furry smart, cus ifn we
duzent like da treats, Fred has nuffin tu tempt usses wif against our
better judgement,... ceptin da 'nip ov korse.

Old July 26th 05, 01:51 PM
Miss Violette

duz itsef hafa scratker inna trak? ifin it duz den watch out fur yourown
hooman ta smeak some nip in der, den itsef will be veryvery funfun, Trudi