Ping Florida members

Old October 29th 08, 02:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Ping Florida members

GaDragonfly wrote:
On Oct 28, 10:32 am, "jmcquown" wrote:
Google has held onto my post until after 1 am est yesterday. I
actually posted this before your message about Kili. The bbq is
November 22nd. I'm just getting an idea of who might be available.

Kili's cancer is running rampant; it is not only rare but difficult
to treat. Trust me, she and her husband won't be attending a BBQ.
She's checked herself into the hospital to die.

Kitties are revving up purrs that this is a minor setback and Kili
is feeling better by then. Kitties are sending purrs to everyone in
need - Google just doesn't do a good job of sending out notice of
those purrs (sigh).

Julie

I have no idea why people use Google Groups. It's a great search
engine but totally useless when it comes to newsgroups.

Jill- Hide quoted text -

Because some of us don't want to pay to access groups. Some of us ....
nevermind. I'll come check myself out for a day or two and calm down.
Thanks anyway, Jill

It's not necessary to pay for a newsreader. Even Outlook Express is
preferable to Google Groups. Comes free with any PC but then again there
are plenty of other newsreaders such as Agent that don't cost anything,
either.

At any rate, kili and TFM won't be attending a BBQ.

Jill

Old October 29th 08, 04:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine K

GaDragonfly kirjoitti:

Because some of us don't want to pay to access groups. Some of us ....
nevermind. I'll come check myself out for a day or two and calm down.
Thanks anyway, Jill

There are free newsreaders, and emailprograms that can be used as
newsreaders, such as outlook express, mozilla thunderbird etc. And then
there are free access news servers too, news.aioe.org for example.
Here's info on them: http://news.aioe.org/
I used to use aioe.org in my mozilla thunderbird when my ISP was not
working properly and I was OK with their services. They sometimes were a
bit slow, and did also lose some messages at times, but I do so prefer
to use my t-bird to read and post than....other alternatives...

--
Christine in Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old October 29th 08, 10:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

GaDragonfly wrote:
On Oct 28, 10:32 am, "jmcquown" wrote:
GaDragonfly wrote:
On Oct 27, 2:36 am, "jmcquown" wrote:
GaDragonfly wrote:
Especially Kili because I know she and her DH do bbq. DH and I are
going to be judging at the Plant City Pig Jam. I know Kili and her
husband do BBQ and wondered if they would be attending the event.
I think this is near other members as well. I'm thinking I might
get a chance to meet a few cat slaves on this trip.

Julie

Kili is in the hospital.

Jill

[...]

You don't need to _pay_ for usenet access, one of the better free servers is
nntp.aioe.org http://www.aioe.org/ you can use any news reading software
and its miles better than Google.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old November 2nd 08, 10:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

jmcquown wrote:
Kili's cancer is running rampant; it is not only rare but difficult to
treat. Trust me, she and her husband won't be attending a BBQ. She's
checked herself into the hospital to die.

snip
Jill

I'm so very sorry to hear that. Kili is such a wonderful, caring,
loving, special person.
Lots and lots of purrs and very gentle hugs for her,
Polonca and Soncek