Purrs for My Mom? She's in the Hospital (OT)

Old October 31st 08, 04:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John F. Eldredge

Default Purrs for My Mom? She's in the Hospital (OT)

On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 13:49:13 -0700, Kyla =^..^= wrote:

You're right about that Granby. I've got a purse with so much stuff in
it.. I usually keep in in the basket under the seat of my 4-wheeled
walker. Men don't do this, just us 'ladies' I carry my wooden kazoo
in a special pocket, it's fun to have around if we get stuck in
trafffic
Yes, get some rest Jill, and try not to worry. I know, it's hard. Our
purrayers are sent with love from near Seattle. Hug
Kyla

"Granby" Just remember most of us older folks have carried half our
earthy belongings
in our purses for years, hard to get out of the habit of not having
them with us. Get some rest.

Heh. You haven't seen my pants pockets, not to mention the amount of
stuff hanging off my belt. I have two regular pens, a Sharpie marker, a
comb, two key rings, about $3.00 in change, two thumb drives, a cell
phone, a Leatherman multitool, a MP3 player, charging cables for both the
cell phone and the MP3 player, a blood sugar meter, reading glasses in a
hard case, and my wallet. I probably have five pounds of stuff in my
pockets (the Leatherman by itself weighs half a pound).

Even I make jokes about needing a utility belt like Batman.

My mother used to carry a little dollhouse sink, about 3 inches long, in
her purse so that she could pull it out and say, "I have everything in
here INCLUDING the kitchen sink."

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from
Old October 31st 08, 04:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

What really amazes me is the stuff men can pull out of a shirt pocket. Last
night my son had another house key made for me, I asked him for the original
one back and he pulled out his shirt pocket,

a cellphone
3 pins
2 metal tags for his dogs from the vet.
a mess of receipts
book of matches
2 aspirin in a packet
a comb

and, no key. That was in his pants pocket.

Old October 31st 08, 05:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Granby wrote:

and, no key. That was in his pants pocket.

LOL! Thanks for the much-needed laugh, Granby.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.
Old November 2nd 08, 11:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

jmcquown wrote:
Mom's doctor was in the neighborhood visiting another patient so he
dropped in to see how she's doing. After talking with both of us he
said he'd really like to get her admitted for some tests. snip
I could sure use some purrs for her. Even though she wasn't admitted
due to something horrible like a heart attack or stroke there's always
the chance she won't be coming home again

Jill

Lots of purrs for your mom and hugs for you, Jill,
Polonca and Soncek