OT Did you ever

Old October 30th 08, 10:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Default OT Did you ever

Did you ever write an email for a girlfriend, or in some cases man friend,
whining a bit and as soon as you hit send it came up and said "your email
has been sent to so and so?" I never have until today. Like dropping a
letter in the drop box and regretting it.

If I could fit through a pc port (not very likely), would have gone after
the damn thing."

Old October 30th 08, 11:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_4_]

No worries, I've done that too. You can always e-mail me. In fact, I was
going to e-mail you to tell you a few things, but didn't know if it would go
through.
Kyla
"Granby"

Old October 30th 08, 11:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

I have a different address than here. No worries, maybe but my face is
purple just thinking about it.

Old October 30th 08, 11:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_4_]

Uh oh...I'm going to 'try' and send you an e-mail.
Is that okay with you?
Kyla

"Granby"

Old October 31st 08, 12:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_4_]

Got it and replied...Check yours
Kyla
"Granby" ...
check your email
"Kyla =^..^="

Old October 31st 08, 09:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin - bogus address

"Granby" wrote:
Did you ever write an email for a girlfriend, or in some cases man friend,
whining a bit and as soon as you hit send it came up and said "your email
has been sent to so and so?" I never have until today. Like dropping a
letter in the drop box and regretting it.

If I could fit through a pc port (not very likely), would have gone after
the damn thing."

Google for "google mail goggles".

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === http://www.campin.me.uk ====
Old November 2nd 08, 02:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Oct 30, 2:53*pm, "Granby" wrote:
Did you ever write an email for a girlfriend, or in some cases man friend,
whining a bit and as soon as you hit send it came up and said "your email
has been sent to so and so?" *I never have until today. *Like dropping a
letter in the drop box and regretting it.

You can recall a message in Outlook if it hasn't been opened. I learnt
this only last Friday when it saved me from making a complete idiot of
myself to about 20 people. I'd sent an email with the minutes of the
last but one meeting not the last one and as the people I was sending
it to included my boss- who, of late, seems to have a fairly low
opinion of me and our clinical director whom I can best sum up as
"she's a cat person and I still can't warm to her" (she just loves to
find mistakes and beat you over the head with them when I first
started there I was worried that she talked to me like I was stupid
and since I'd only just started i was hoping to impress- then someone
told me she talks to everyone like that)

Maybe a bit late but if it's not then go into sent messages and open
the offender and click on the "tools" option on the toolbar and you
should get an option to recall the message and if it works shortly
afterwards you'll get an email informing you that the message has been
pulled.

Had to do something like that once where I used to work. Sue, my boss
had sent me an email about the infamous Zac including a copy of an
email he'd sent her and without thinking I clicked on "reply" whilst
in the copy so her comments went to Zac!

I stood up, asked Zac to go and get me something- don't remember what
but when he hesitated I was like "NOW OR ELSE!" and as soon as he
left the room I scurried over to his PC, which thankfully he hadn't
locked and deleted the offending mail

The following week I went on a course and discovered how to do it in
Groupwise (we didn't use OE then)- it would have saved me quite a rise
in blood pressure if the course had been the week before.

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old November 2nd 08, 05:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MatSav

Lesley wrote:
On Oct 30, 2:53 pm, "Granby" wrote:
Did you ever write an email for a girlfriend, or in some
cases man
friend, whining a bit and as soon as you hit send it came up
and
said "your email has been sent to so and so?" I never have
until
today. Like dropping a letter in the drop box and regretting
it.

You can recall a message in Outlook if it hasn't been opened.

But this ONLY works for messages sent to people on the same
*domain* - e.g. can recall a message sent to
. If you do the recall for messages sent to
recipients on other domains, they will still receive your
original message - but they will also receive a message saying
something like:
would like to recall the message
titled "I didn't want to send that". If you're lucky, the
recipient will oblige and delete the message you're trying to
recall.

--
MatSav