Suggestions?

Old May 29th 04, 06:43 PM
Yoj

Default Suggestions?

I have a friend (someone I met through another newsgroup) who is moving
from the San Fernando Valley (in California) to Reno, Nevada. There are
two or three cats in her neighborhood who visit her house regularly.
She feeds them and puts water out for them, and brings them in for a
short time each day, but mostly they're outdoor cats.

I'm concerned (I suspect more than she is) about what will happen to
those cats when she moves. She doesn't intend to take them with her.
I've thought about taking them on, but I can see a lot of reasons why
that probably wouldn't work. If I left them outside, they'd probably
try to go back to their old neighborhood. I live about 15 miles from my
friend, and there is a freeway and some hills which probably have snakes
and coyotes in them between our two homes. If I brought them inside,
they'd be miserable. I'd have to shut them in one room, partly because
of my cats, and also because I have a cat door. Since they're used to
being outside all the time, they'd be miserable. They would probably
destroy my guest room, which is the only room where I could keep them.

If anybody has any suggestions, I'll pass them on to my friend.

Joy

Old May 30th 04, 01:27 AM
Sherry

[...]

Gee, that's a tough one. You mentioned they were neighborhood cats, so I
assume she lives where she has close neighbors. I wonder if another neighbor
could be persuaded to feed them. I sure don't think she ought to just leave
them. They are accustomed to her being their food source. Poor things. Another
thing to consider is the next family who moves in her house. If they're cat
lovers, it could work out fine. If they hate cats, it could be devastating for
them.
Sorry I don't have any answers, but we'll purr for them.

Sherry

Old May 30th 04, 08:06 AM
Yoj

"Sherry " wrote in message
[...]

She hasn't even put the house up for sale yet, although escrow has
closed on the one she bought. I guess it's going to be empty for a
while. I guess all I can do is suggest she talk to the neighbors and
see if she can get one of them to take over. :-(

Joy

Old May 30th 04, 10:51 AM
polonca12000

No ideas unfortunately (can your friend ask her neighbours to feed them?),
but lots of purrs and best wishes for a solution to be found,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Yoj" wrote in message
ink.net...
I have a friend (someone I met through another newsgroup) who is moving
from the San Fernando Valley (in California) to Reno, Nevada. There are
two or three cats in her neighborhood who visit her house regularly.
She feeds them and puts water out for them, and brings them in for a
short time each day, but mostly they're outdoor cats.

snip