Kitty Thanksgiving?

Old November 23rd 10, 04:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Kitty Thanksgiving?

For those of you who are celebrating Thanksgiving this week, whether you're
in the U.S. or are expats or who have friends who want a "traditional" Usian
Thanksgiving... what about your cats?

Persia doesn't get people food. She never has (except what she managed to
steal off my plate when she was much younger and I left my plate untended on
the coffee table for about 10 seconds!) But I've got Fancy Feast 'Turkey &
Giblets' for her on November 25th

Anything special planned for your kitties?

Jill

Old November 23rd 10, 04:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kraut / Larry Stark

On Tue, 23 Nov 2010 11:15:49 -0500, "jmcquown"
wrote:

For those of you who are celebrating Thanksgiving this week, whether you're
in the U.S. or are expats or who have friends who want a "traditional" Usian
Thanksgiving... what about your cats?

Persia doesn't get people food. She never has (except what she managed to
steal off my plate when she was much younger and I left my plate untended on
the coffee table for about 10 seconds!) But I've got Fancy Feast 'Turkey &
Giblets' for her on November 25th

Anything special planned for your kitties?

Jill

I will most likely give mine a couple jars of Turkey & Turkey Gravy
baby food that my grandkids have around!! Maybe a little real turkey
for the ones that want some.

Old November 23rd 10, 04:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Arthur Shapiro[_2_]

In article , "jmcquown" wrote:

Anything special planned for your kitties?

I'm quite hostile toward religious holidays, so neither my cats nor I will do
anything out of the ordinary for the day. They shall be as pampered as ever.

Art
Old November 23rd 10, 05:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

That unexpectedly brought tears to my eyes. I had a vision of Bandit, when
she was very, very old, had trouble walking and was, at that time,
completely blind, loved turkey *SO* much that, without my knowledge, she had
dragged herself upstairs* to get her portion of turkey on Thanksgiving day.
We didn't know then, but that was her last Thanksgiving with her.. That girl
loved her turkey! Odd, but for unrelated reasons, that was the last big
Thanksgiving dinner I ever cooked.

*She was so old and feeble that we fed her separately downstairs to keep her
from having to fight her arthritis pain in order to eat. But the smell of
the roasting turkey overcame her pain. Knowing how much she loved her
turkey, I had already put some aside just for her. But the smell was just
too good for her to wait.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.com/rpcablog/

Old November 23rd 10, 05:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Arthur Shapiro" wrote in message
In article , "jmcquown"
wrote:

Anything special planned for your kitties?

I'm quite hostile toward religious holidays, so neither my cats nor I will
do
anything out of the ordinary for the day. They shall be as pampered as
ever.

Art

LOL! Thanksgiving isn't a "religious holiday".

Jill

Old November 23rd 10, 05:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kraut / Larry Stark

On Tue, 23 Nov 2010 12:06:53 -0500, "jmcquown"
wrote:

Anything special planned for your kitties?

I'm quite hostile toward religious holidays, so neither my cats nor I will
do
anything out of the ordinary for the day. They shall be as pampered as
ever.

Art

LOL! Thanksgiving isn't a "religious holiday".

Jill

I never thought of it as a "Religous" holiday either.

Old November 23rd 10, 06:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Arthur Shapiro wrote:

In article , "jmcquown" wrote:

Anything special planned for your kitties?

I'm quite hostile toward religious holidays, so neither my cats nor I
will do anything out of the ordinary for the day. They shall be as
pampered as ever.

Religious?

--
It is better to give than to lend, and it costs about the same.
-- Unknown

Old November 23rd 10, 07:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Arthur Shapiro wrote:
In article , "jmcquown" wrote:

Anything special planned for your kitties?

I'm quite hostile toward religious holidays, so neither my cats nor I will do
anything out of the ordinary for the day. They shall be as pampered as ever.

Art

I am sure that in your kind heart you are thankful you are able to do
it. I know I am.
I'll also be very thankful when this big storm is over -- the wind is
really howling today. I think of a wind like this blowing in new germs
from all over the world-- makes me nervous. Best wishes, MLB