OT - Mini Rant, Fast Food

Old November 23rd 10, 09:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

Default OT - Mini Rant, Fast Food

I absolutely *HATE* McDonalds. Of course, perversely that's the *ONLY* fast
food place that DH likes. It's not just the food bad, but the service is
horrendous (we sat in line at the drive-through for, I swear, *45 MINUTES!
We stopped there on the way home from the doctor's office and (needing to
gain weight) I ordered a bacon double cheeseburger with extra pickles. We
were charged for that, it came in a "double cheeseburger" wrapping, but what
was inside? A single patty, bacon that was so old it looks and tastes like
leather, and not a single thing else on it except a few pickles - no
tomatoes, lettuce, sauce (ketchup, mayo or muster) - that's it, dry and
nasty from sitting under the heating lamps.

I know that one definitely symptom of psychosis is the repeating the same
things and expecting a different outcome, so I won't say that I'll never go
there again, but at least I'll try to remember this experience and hopefully
(yeah right) have a better outcome.

/rant

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.com/rpcablog/

Old November 23rd 10, 11:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

I'd be upset too! Those employees didn't do their job. In fact, I'd right
a letter (or send a message on line) to complain. The manager should know
how you were treated.

I'd also insist on trying another McDonald's next time, if you have one
anywhere near you. There are several in my town. I love their Big 'n'
Tasty burgers myself. They come with lettuce, tomato and real onion, as
well as sauce. I agree that 45 minutes is ridiculous! If I go to a McD's
and there's a long drive-thru line, I usually go inside, knowing I'll
generally get faster service that way.

Joy

Old November 23rd 10, 11:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"CatNipped" wrote in message
I absolutely *HATE* McDonalds. Of course, perversely that's the *ONLY*
fast food place that DH likes. It's not just the food bad, but the
service is horrendous (we sat in line at the drive-through for, I swear,
*45 MINUTES! We stopped there on the way home from the doctor's office and
(needing to gain weight) I ordered a bacon double cheeseburger with extra
pickles. We were charged for that, it came in a "double cheeseburger"
wrapping, but what was inside? A single patty, bacon that was so old it
looks and tastes like leather, and not a single thing else on it except a
few pickles - no tomatoes, lettuce, sauce (ketchup, mayo or muster) -
that's it, dry and nasty from sitting under the heating lamps.

(snip)

--
Hugs,

Heh. This is why I'm glad I like my burgers *plain*. Just meat and a bun.
They don't have those sitting pre-prepared under heatlamps in ANY fast food
joint I've ever encountered They have to cook them while you wait.

With the exception of a sausage biscuit for breakfast when I worked at H&R
Block last year I probably hadn't eaten anything from McDonald's in 15
years. Burger King has much better burgers. And allegedly they *do* put
lettuce and tomato on the Whopper. If you can find a Hardee's in your area,
they have a salad bar. Order a burger and then add more toppings from the
salad bar.

BTW, gaining weight is important but the sodium content in that fast food
stuff is outrageous. Better to make your own burgers so you can control
what's in them You can always make up a bunch of patties and freeze
them, then cook them when you get that burger craving.

Jill

Old November 24th 10, 01:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf[_2_]

On Tue, 23 Nov 2010 15:34:21 -0800, "Joy" wrote:

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

I haven't eaten 'fast food' for so long, I can't even remember when I
did, last

But, when I did, I used to buy Subway sandwiches. You get to watch the
people make them, right in front of you.

I used to buy a foot long, and eat half for dinner, and half the next
day.

Compared to McDeath, it's pretty good quality food: fresh vegetables,
instead of day old, fried food.

Much better for you.

And: NEVER, EVER use the drive through.

The people manning the drive through KNOW that you will have left,
before you find out that they screwed up your order.

There is a McDeath, AND a Burger Death, within a mile of my house. And a
Taco Death about 2 miles away.

I haven't been in any of them, for at least 10 or 15 years.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

-TC, in loving memory of the unmercifully, relentlessly, sweet calico
kitty, Kenzie.

Every day was a treasure with Kenzie; I tried to treat them that way.
There would only be so many, and now, there will never, ever, be any
more

- Robert Heinlein
Old November 24th 10, 01:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Joy wrote:

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

Hope you'll forgive me for saying that I am a TOTAL SNOB when it comes
to Mickey D's or any other fast food place. I just think that stuff is
gross! All of it. This is not to say that I never eat fast food, but
I have to be pretty desperate to do so - no other choices around, too
hungry to wait until I get home to eat.

This is not to say that I have such upscale tastes. My idea of a good
price for dinner is $10-15 US. That's pretty cheap these days, but it can
still buy you better food than McD's.

Joyce

--
Who ever thought up the word "Mammogram"? Every time I hear it, I think
I'm supposed to put my breast in an envelope and send it to someone.
Old November 24th 10, 01:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

I like Subway too, for just the reasons you say. I also buy a foot long and
make two meals out of it.

Joy

Old November 24th 10, 01:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ted Davis[_3_]

On Tue, 23 Nov 2010 15:32:45 -0600, CatNipped wrote:

[...]

I used to eat at the one in the local Walmart when I was in there at
mealtime, strictly beacuse it was handy - I disliked the food. I always
ordered something special so it wouldn't come from under the lights.
Then they added a microwave. I don't go there any more.

Now, when I'm going to be in town at mealtime, I arrange things so I can
go to Wendy's between stops, preferably before rush hour.

The Wendy's sits between an Arby's and a Long John Silver's, and at luch
time has a jammed parking lot while the other two (with smaller parking
lots) have far fewer cars.

I had some trepidations about Wendy's new french fries - I was afraid the
potato skins and extra salt would make them inedible, but they're quite
edible - if anything, they taste like they have *less* salt.

--
Ted Davis )
Old November 24th 10, 03:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Gandalf wrote:

There is a McDeath, AND a Burger Death, within a mile of my house. And a
Taco Death about 2 miles away.

I haven't been in any of them, for at least 10 or 15 years.

I don't have anything to add here, I'm just chuckling at your creative
naming.

Joyce

Old November 24th 10, 05:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Nov 23, 3:32*pm, "CatNipped" wrote:
[...]

See all our masters at: *http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, by Mark Edwards, at:http://www.professional-geek.com/rpcablog/

Ooooh Lori. *Please* try to find calorie-dense foods without all the
bad
stuff. It's horrible for your heart/vascular system. If you've got
heart failure, sodium isthe very worst thing you can be consuming.
Next would be saturated fat/cholesterol. I couldn't find the
nutritional facts for a
regular McD's bacon-double-cheeseburger, but here's the Angus Bacon
Cheeseburger. The numbers are just unbelievable.
Calories: 790 (that's a good thing for you though!)
Fat: 39 g
Saturated Fat: 17 g
Trans Fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 145 g
But here's the unbelievable part:
Sodium: 2070!!!

I love burgers, too. You can buy 95/5 hb meat, 2% cheese, lowfat mayo
(or mustard) and still have a decent calorie intake without all the
fat/salt.
Whole wheat buns make it even better. Of course, the *catch* is, you
have to make it yourself. :-(

Sherry
Old November 24th 10, 06:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

wrote in message
Joy wrote:

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

That's fine. I'm not trying to convert anybody.

Joy