OT - Mini Rant, Fast Food

Old November 28th 10, 11:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Default OT - Mini Rant, Fast Food

"CatNipped" wrote in message
I haven't tried that - though I will put pillows under my feet when I'm in
bed- also, I have several pair of those stocking they use in the hospital
to keep you from throwing a clot (the cardiologist recommended this , but I
haven't been consistent in wearing them because they *hurt*!

I could definitely see being dehydrated just going by the "dry mouth" and
"dry eye" I live with constantly. Also, the roller coaster weight. Not
long ago I got all the way up to 98 pounds - next day 96. next day 98 then
down to 94 - so yo-yo, but ultimately down to 89.3 as a new low. This
morning I was 92.3 - but weight, for me now can not be depended on as a
symptom of anything at all.

I'm no expert, Lori, but if your weight is *that* variable, day by day, then
IMHO, it has to relate to your hydration levels. Muscle & fat mass don't
vary that quickly, but the amount of water in your system would easily
explain the rapid yo-yo. Think about it: 1 pound is roughly equivalent to 2
cups of water. Being so slight already, the mass from fluid in your system
is going to be more significant than it would be for much larger folks.

And don't kid yourself that if you are dehydrated, you can't have 'water
retention' in places. Water retention also has to do with your electrolyte
balance, and if thats out, (which is more likely if you are dehydrated)
water will gather outside the cell walls (ie, water retention) to maintain
the right Na/K/Cl balance inside the cells.

Yowie

Old November 29th 10, 12:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

Thanks Yowie! I'm going in tomorrow for an MRI and blood tests and I'll ask
about those before the tests (my doctor's PAs are great about seeing you at
the drop of a hat.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.com/rpcablog/