Please Please Please Purrs...

Old November 25th 10, 02:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Happy

Default Please Please Please Purrs...

My 2 year old grandson recovering from the norovirus has pneumonia and
was admitted to the hospital this afternoon. After his blood work
came back abnormal and very low blood platelet count he has just been
admitted to the ICU. They cannot drain the fluid sac in his lung
because of the low blood platelets and abnormal blood work.

Hope is this all related to the pneumonia and the two anitbiotics will
work. We should know in 24 - 48 hours. He will be in the ICU 5 to 7
days. Earlier they said they just wanted to observe him overnight.

We are heading to Chicago tomorrow morning - daughter asked that we
NOT drive there tonight in the dark - it is a 6 hour drive.

Oh please send purrs. I'd take a million bazillion water line breaks
and flooding washing machines over this.

I'm shaking. *I"ll" the sick one, I don't care, just want him well
NOW, oh please.

Sophia
Old November 25th 10, 02:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf[_2_]

On Wed, 24 Nov 2010 21:28:50 -0500, Happy
wrote:

[...]

Sending the best get well purrs for your grandson.

If he's in an ICU, he's get the best care possible...but purrs are still
a good idea.

Sending purrs for your anxiety, too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

-TC, in loving memory of the unmercifully, relentlessly, sweet calico
kitty, Kenzie.

Every day was a treasure with Kenzie; I tried to treat them that way.
There would only be so many, and now, there will never, ever, be any
more

- Robert Heinlein

Old November 25th 10, 02:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Will add the little one to a prayer list of my friends. Prayers for all of
your family. So little to be said so much to be felt. From all the
Grandma's I know.

Old November 25th 10, 03:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Nov 24, 9:28*pm, Happy wrote:
[...]

Purrs and bright blessings for your grandson, you and your family.
Also to the doctors and nurses and other health professionals who are
caring for him. With wishes for a quick and complete recovery.

--
Will in New Haven

Old November 25th 10, 04:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

Oh my God Sophia - I'm so sorry! I do know exactly what you're going
through (I live here in Houston and my daughter and her family live in
N.O.). Try (I know you won't succeed, but still try) to hang on to good
thoughts... medical research is so far advanced that some of it is almost
unimaginable/magical; also he's young and resilient (sometimes a child can
throw off a virus 10 times faster than an adult can and recuperate
unbelievably quickly; also you're going to need to be strong for your
daughter (the thing for which my daughter was most grateful was when I
offered to stay by Brooke's bedside (Greg's mom was there, but for Erin, she
couldn't completely "trust" her mother-in-law - not nastiness, just that
when something bad happens everyone wants their mom there) while she and her
husband took a little time out to pack more things needed for an extended
hospital stay, go to Erin's doctor for one of the worst migraines she's ever
had, and lastly for just a few hours of sleeping in their own bed and away
from the stress and hospital noises and smells - it was an *essential* part
of getting back enough strength to cope with it all again after I had to
leave for home).. That was almost 2 years ago, but today, at 19, she is
cancer free and back to living her own teenager-silly lifestyle in college.
And, as you've found, when something like this happens your priorities can
change at the drop of a hat.

So, all of that (sorry) to say don't ever give up and never give up hope.
This is something that can, ultimately, make your family stronger for having
faced this down and beat it together. I'm sure he'll be fine - mega healing
purrs are headed his way, and mega soothing purrs for his family.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.com/rpcablog/

Old November 25th 10, 05:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Nov 24, 8:28*pm, Happy wrote:
[...]

Poor baby. And he's only two. He doesn't understand being sick :-(
Sending the strongest purrs/prayers ever. Keep us posted.

Sherry
Old November 25th 10, 05:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Happy wrote:
[...]

It might help if we had a name and place where we could direct purrs and
prayers. MLB
Old November 25th 10, 06:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
karla

"Happy" wrote in message
[...]

We're giving it the best we've got-
Karla

Old November 25th 10, 06:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Megapurrs and prayers are on the way.

--

Joy

A miracle is something that is impossible until it happens. - from "Kids
Rite the Darndest Things" by Art Linkletter