Why do they like Chinese tea so much?

Old November 28th 10, 05:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
karla

Default Why do they like Chinese tea so much?

"cshenk" wrote in message
"CatNipped" wrote

Hee hee - you have a lushes as owners! I just *LOVE* cats with all their
eccentricities.

Smile, so do I. Forgive me if I type alot about my earlier pets just now.
I'm keeping my mind off losing Sammy last night. His passing was not
unexpected since he was 17, possibly 18. It was very gentle and painfree.
I'll miss him though and the house is pretty quiet. Cash and Mabel (both
old hunting dogs) seem to understand but this morning Daisy-chan keeps
wandering from room to room and calling.

I'm sorry for you loss Carol, but I'm so glad you gave him your love. I
know it made all the difference for him. What you're doing is not
easy-giving your all knowing it will be short time, but you're doing it
with grace.
Karla

Old November 28th 10, 05:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

Oh Carol, I'm so sorry - I must have missed that post. Heartfelt purrs
coming for your loss and hopefully to help heal your broken heart. A candle
will be lit tonight to help guide Sammy on his way to the bridge.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.com/rpcablog/

Old November 28th 10, 05:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
cshenk

"karla" wrote
"cshenk" wrote

Hee hee - you have a lushes as owners! I just *LOVE* cats with all
their eccentricities.

Smile, so do I. Forgive me if I type alot about my earlier pets just
now. I'm keeping my mind off losing Sammy last night. His passing was
not unexpected since he was 17, possibly 18. It was very gentle and
painfree. I'll miss him though and the house is pretty quiet. Cash and
Mabel (both old hunting dogs) seem to understand but this morning
Daisy-chan keeps wandering from room to room and calling.

I'm sorry for you loss Carol, but I'm so glad you gave him your love. I
know it made all the difference for him. What you're doing is not
easy-giving your all knowing it will be short time, but you're doing it
with grace.

Thank you Karla. I suppose it sounds odd to type messages but I am
diverting myself. It makes it easier.

I've adopted many elderly cats over the years. It's no suprise that since
gaining Daisy-chan who will not tolerate another cat, that we adapted to
adding elderly dogs that are cat-friends. Daisy-chan *loves* dogs that are
friendly.

Looking forward vice back, Daisy-chan is now 'training' Mabel Anne who's
been with us a week and is in her forever home. She's a deaf pooch probably
10-12 (quite elderly for a dog, mid-80's for us). Daisy-chan is teaching
her to sit still while her ears are licked.

Old November 28th 10, 05:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

On Nov 28, 6:30*am, "cshenk" wrote:
.. *Forgive me if I type alot about my earlier pets just now.
I'm keeping my mind off losing Sammy last night. *His passing was not
unexpected since he was 17, possibly 18. *It was very gentle and painfree.

I am so sorry to hear this- incense will be offered tonight to guide
him over the Bridge

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old November 28th 10, 06:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
cshenk

Default The easy passing of Unca Sammy

"CatNipped" wrote

Oh Carol, I'm so sorry - I must have missed that post. Heartfelt purrs
coming for your loss and hopefully to help heal your broken heart. A
candle will be lit tonight to help guide Sammy on his way to the bridge.

It's ok Lori. It was a bit after 7pm last night. I sent off a fast email to
a few around 9pm but didn't do any newsgroup posts until about 8am or so.

His body was picked up that night. His original owner (who passed before
him) wanted his body sent to be a final gift to teach a new student vet
surgical procedures. Unca Sammy doesn't need it anymore so he's giving one
last gift.

A healthy but very aged pooch that may teach a new student vet how to better
identify some elderly issues. It's also true some may learn how to operate
on a dog which may help save some other pooches, but I suspect there are
enough kill shelter dogs for that.

Sammy's ashes will be spread on his original owners grave once they are
done.

Old November 28th 10, 06:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

On Nov 28, 9:04*am, "cshenk" wrote:
.. *Unca Sammy doesn't need it anymore so he's giving one
last gift.

That;s beautiful....might look into that when the time comes.... both
for my cats and for me- I'm seriously considering donating my empty
shell when the time comes to a medical school. I won't need it because
I'll be somewhere else and someone might as well get some use out of
what's left behind especialy if it helps to help others

Old November 28th 10, 07:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Lesley Madigan wrote:
On Nov 28, 9:04 am, "cshenk" wrote:
. Unca Sammy doesn't need it anymore so he's giving one
last gift.

That;s beautiful....might look into that when the time comes.... both
for my cats and for me- I'm seriously considering donating my empty
shell when the time comes to a medical school. I won't need it because
I'll be somewhere else and someone might as well get some use out of
what's left behind especialy if it helps to help others

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

As stated by J.Golden Kimball:
The body is only a shell. When you die, only
the shell remains -- the nut is gone. LOL.
Best wishes. MLB
Old November 29th 10, 12:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

cshenk wrote:
"CatNipped" wrote

[...]

"....Rise up slowly, Angel...."
It's hard to let you go. MLB
Old November 29th 10, 05:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

On 28/11/2010 16:30, cshenk wrote:

Smile, so do I. Forgive me if I type alot about my earlier pets just
now. I'm keeping my mind off losing Sammy last night. His passing was
not unexpected since he was 17, possibly 18. It was very gentle and
painfree. I'll miss him though and the house is pretty quiet. Cash and
Mabel (both old hunting dogs) seem to understand but this morning
Daisy-chan keeps wandering from room to room and calling.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.

Old November 30th 10, 04:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

My cats did the calling thing when Scooter and then Sadie went to the
bridge. Lee's cats did the same. Maybe it is a thing animals do to announce
the coming to the bridge of a friend. More comforting to think of it that
way for me.