This Drives me Crazy

Old December 1st 10, 04:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default This Drives me Crazy

"jmcquown" wrote in message

No! Don't do that. Some of those homeowners' associations have been
known to file claim for ownership of a house on such simple grounds as
failing to follow the rules with regard to height of grass. So, she
needs to *know* if any legal issues are in the works. I think I might
look up the name of the president of the HOA and contact him or her in
person to demand a change from "estate of."

MaryL

I'm not worried about the HOA. I follow the rules and they certainly
don't have any claim on my house. It's a simple matter of respect to
address correspondence to me, not some mythical "estate". I'm the one
who pays the HOA fees. I notice they don't have any trouble reading the
name on my checks... or cashing them.

Jill

Yes, I agree with all of that. I was just imagining some scenario where a
legal notice would be sent to that seme "estate" address. Sometimes, they
will even demand a copy of a death certificate or change of ownership--but
still manage to cash your checks, as you said. I guess I have been
reading too many mysteries.

MaryL

I offered to send them a copy of the deed and the death certificate twice
now. I was told back in February that wouldn't be necessary; they could
check the registrar of deeds in the Assessor's web site to confirm it.
Apparently they didn't bother. They obviously know she's dead because
everything is addressed to "The Estate of" It's just rather hurtful to get
correspondence addressed like this when they know I own the property. Sorry
to beat a dead horse but I've asked them to change this twice previously. I
could sort of understand it when it was still in probate but now there's
really no excuse.

Jill

This drives my "cool stuff meter" to 11. CatNipped[_4_] Cat anecdotes 1 November 30th 10 02:44 AM
Is my cat crazy? ADeadFishDied Cat health & behaviour 9 December 26th 06 02:34 PM
I must be crazy... Hans Schrøder Cat anecdotes 4 December 13th 05 04:44 PM
Crazy Cat Adrian Cat anecdotes 6 June 20th 05 11:04 PM
My cat drives me up the wall but I love the little devil to bits [email protected] Cat health & behaviour 3 May 10th 05 01:30 AM