Job Purrs

Old January 10th 05, 02:52 PM
Jeanne Hedge

Default Job Purrs

I got a call this morning for an interview on Wednesday. It's with the
local school district to become a substitute teacher. That's not what
I'm wanting to do with my life (I'll keep looking for full-time
permanent work), but it would be money coming in to pay bills with,
and I badly want it to go well.

Any spare purrs would be appreciated!

Jeanne Hedge, as directed by Natasha

============
http://www.jhedge.com
Old January 10th 05, 02:59 PM
jmcquown

Jeanne Hedge wrote:
I got a call this morning for an interview on Wednesday. It's with the
local school district to become a substitute teacher. That's not what
I'm wanting to do with my life (I'll keep looking for full-time
permanent work), but it would be money coming in to pay bills with,
and I badly want it to go well.

Any spare purrs would be appreciated!

Jeanne Hedge, as directed by Natasha

============
http://www.jhedge.com

Good interview purrs on the way!

Jill

Old January 10th 05, 03:14 PM
Irulan

Purrs and prayers that everything goes well.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old January 10th 05, 03:33 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-01-10, Jeanne Hedge penned:
I got a call this morning for an interview on Wednesday. It's with the local
school district to become a substitute teacher. That's not what I'm wanting
to do with my life (I'll keep looking for full-time permanent work), but it
would be money coming in to pay bills with, and I badly want it to go well.

Any spare purrs would be appreciated!

Good luck!

--
monique, roommate of Oscar the (female) grouch
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old January 10th 05, 03:43 PM
Kreisleriana

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 09:52:25 -0500, Jeanne Hedge
yodeled:

I got a call this morning for an interview on Wednesday. It's with the
local school district to become a substitute teacher. That's not what
I'm wanting to do with my life (I'll keep looking for full-time
permanent work), but it would be money coming in to pay bills with,
and I badly want it to go well.

Substitute teaching can be an excellent gig if you have the
constitution for it. It is fairly well-paid, the days are relatively
short, and can lead to full-time work if you make good relationships.
Best interview purrs coming your way.

Theresa
Old January 10th 05, 04:18 PM
JBHajos

wrote:

Any spare purrs would be appreciated!

We have lots of spare purrs and they're on their way. Best of
luck!

jbh

Old January 10th 05, 04:27 PM
Jeanne Hedge

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 10:43:40 -0500, Kreisleriana
wrote:

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 09:52:25 -0500, Jeanne Hedge
yodeled:

I got a call this morning for an interview on Wednesday. It's with the
local school district to become a substitute teacher. That's not what
I'm wanting to do with my life (I'll keep looking for full-time
permanent work), but it would be money coming in to pay bills with,
and I badly want it to go well.

Substitute teaching can be an excellent gig if you have the
constitution for it. It is fairly well-paid, the days are relatively
short, and can lead to full-time work if you make good relationships.
Best interview purrs coming your way.

I've subbed before, but that was back when I was in college and I was
on Christmas or Spring Break and wanting to make extra cash. I think
they paid $25-30/day.

Back then all I had to do was call the school district to have my name
put on the list. I was surprised to find out that these days I had to
go through an application process and get a background and criminal
history check done before I got to the interview stage. My
sister-in-law, who is a 4th grade teacher, didn't even know they were
putting prospective substitute teachers through all this.

OTOH, if it's successful, I'll end up with a state-issued substitute
teacher's license, good anywhere in the state, and that's certainly
something to keep in your back pocket.

Old January 10th 05, 04:32 PM
Kreisleriana

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 11:27:17 -0500, Jeanne Hedge
yodeled:

wrote:

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 09:52:25 -0500, Jeanne Hedge
yodeled:

I got a call this morning for an interview on Wednesday. It's with the
local school district to become a substitute teacher. That's not what
I'm wanting to do with my life (I'll keep looking for full-time
permanent work), but it would be money coming in to pay bills with,
and I badly want it to go well.

Substitute teaching can be an excellent gig if you have the
constitution for it. It is fairly well-paid, the days are relatively
short, and can lead to full-time work if you make good relationships.
Best interview purrs coming your way.

I've subbed before, but that was back when I was in college and I was
on Christmas or Spring Break and wanting to make extra cash. I think
they paid $25-30/day.

Yes, the good old days. I subbed as my first job out of college and
the pay was more per diem. But it did wear me out. You really need
to have the right disposition for it-- the kids are often naturally
resistant to a new face. If you can deal with that, it's great.

Theresa
Old January 10th 05, 05:13 PM
Sandra

I'll ask Memphis and Phoenix to purr loudly for you, good luck
Sandra

Multi-purpose purrs jmcquown Cat anecdotes 22 November 23rd 04 02:16 PM
Purrs for Rosie Jo Firey Cat anecdotes 137 October 15th 04 11:36 AM
Truck Purrs jmcquown Cat anecdotes 18 October 5th 04 02:40 PM
Travel purrs Karen Chuplis Cat anecdotes 33 August 13th 04 06:00 PM
Purrs for Lacey Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 25 November 19th 03 05:20 AM