A Pair of Cat's Names

Old April 25th 07, 10:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
P C

Default A Pair of Cat's Names

Okay, I need a pair of cat's names. Two kittens, probably littermates,
about 3 months old. The boy is black/white, the girl is grey/white.
They belong to my neighbor but tonight they are staying with me because
I want to take them for their vaccinations. (The neighbour wouldn't
bother with this.) So, I need temporary names for them when I take
them to the animal hospital tomorrow. Any ideas?

Tux and Tails?

Old April 25th 07, 10:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Flippy" wrote in message
Okay, I need a pair of cat's names. Two kittens, probably littermates,
about 3 months old. The boy is black/white, the girl is grey/white. They
belong to my neighbor but tonight they are staying with me because I want
to take them for their vaccinations. (The neighbour wouldn't bother with
this.) So, I need temporary names for them when I take them to the animal
hospital tomorrow. Any ideas?

Flippy.

Jack and Jill?

Joy

Old April 25th 07, 11:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

Oh, no, he doesn't ever get called that. It is a slang name in the UK
for a penis and it's not funny for a cat name and well you know it.
I like you less for this suggestion.

Is "John Thomas" considered vulgar or something? I mean, it's not out of
the realm of possibility that I might name a cat Willie or Dick or Peter or
Johnson, even though those names all mean "penis" in the US. (OK, I doubt
I'd name a cat "Johnson". Probably not Dick either. ) But I wouldn't
name a cat, say, "Pr*ck", which has a much more vulgar connotation, not to
mention it being an epithet. Poor kitty, it would be like you were insulting
him every time you said his name!

I have a hard time believing that "John Thomas" is *that* rude - I mean it
must be a pretty common name over there - but I defer to the UKers on that
one.

Joyce
Old April 25th 07, 11:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Flippy wrote:

Okay, I need a pair of cat's names. Two kittens, probably littermates, about
3 months old. The boy is black/white, the girl is grey/white. They belong to
my neighbor but tonight they are staying with me because I want to take them
for their vaccinations. (The neighbour wouldn't bother with this.) So, I
need temporary names for them when I take them to the animal hospital
tomorrow. Any ideas?

How about "Hansel & Gretel"?

Flippy.

Old April 25th 07, 11:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Ted Davis wrote:

On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 23:37:09 +1000, "Flippy"
wrote:

Okay, I need a pair of cat's names. Two kittens, probably littermates, about
3 months old. The boy is black/white, the girl is grey/white. They belong to
my neighbor but tonight they are staying with me because I want to take them
for their vaccinations. (The neighbour wouldn't bother with this.) So, I
need temporary names for them when I take them to the animal hospital
tomorrow. Any ideas?

I like Ozy and Millie. Also Dan and Mab.

Why not "Ozzie" and "Harriet" ? (From the old TV series.)

Old April 25th 07, 11:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

Did you ever read "Lady Chatterley's Lover?" If so, you will know that John
Thomas means what I said before and it not a fit name for a cat.

Tweed

Old April 26th 07, 12:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin - bogus address

Okay, I need a pair of cat's names. Two kittens, probably littermates,
about 3 months old. The boy is black/white, the girl is grey/white.

Thinking of English history, Lady Jane (Grey).
So the boy gets to be called John Thomas to match.

Oh, no, he doesn't ever get called that. It is a slang name in the
UK for a penis and it's not funny for a cat name and well you know it.

More a literary allusion. D.H. Lawrence, look it up.

Old April 26th 07, 12:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ted Davis

wrote:

Okay, I need a pair of cat's names. Two kittens, probably littermates, about
3 months old. The boy is black/white, the girl is grey/white. They belong to
my neighbor but tonight they are staying with me because I want to take them
for their vaccinations. (The neighbour wouldn't bother with this.) So, I
need temporary names for them when I take them to the animal hospital
tomorrow. Any ideas?

I like Ozy and Millie. Also Dan and Mab.

Why not "Ozzie" and "Harriet" ? (From the old TV series.)

I'm old enough to remember the series, but Ozy and Millie are furry
webcomic strip characters (http://www.ozyandmillie.org/), as are Dan
and Mab (http://www.missmab.com/). Ozy and Millie are foxes; Dan is
a feline incubus and Mab is a fae-kitty.

--
T.E.D. ) Remove "gearbox.maem" to get real address - that one is dead
Old April 26th 07, 12:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

I used to know a young man (when I was also young) named John Thomas. I
believe there was also a fairly well-known opera or classical singer in the
U.S. by that name.

Joy

What a pair! Pat Cat anecdotes 3 March 7th 07 02:56 PM
Are your cat's names on the list? Flippy Cat anecdotes 23 November 24th 06 06:07 PM
Sacramento, CA: PAIR OF BEAUTIES - CATS Hi Im WEEniE with MyFav4ite Midi Cat rescue 0 January 30th 05 01:51 PM
Your Cat's Names Rob Riemensnyder Cat anecdotes 144 May 27th 04 08:11 PM
Meowmie bought another pair of shoes... Marina Cat anecdotes 28 May 9th 04 08:21 AM