Cuddly Licky!

Old March 18th 12, 01:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Default Cuddly Licky!

Licky is so unpredictable about affection. Sometimes he can go months
without jumping on the desk to get some pettings while I'm on the
computer. But today he suddenly jumped up on the desk and threw himself
at me. He's been in my arms for at least 15 minutes, purring loudly.
(That might not seem like a long time - it's not for Roxy - but for
Licky, that might be a record.)

He's changed positions a few times, and is now semi-seated on the desk,
front paws on my shoulder. He can be such a sweetie sometimes.

--
Joyce

What I look forward to, is continued immaturity, followed by death.
-- Dave Barry
Old March 18th 12, 02:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Bastette" wrote in message
Licky is so unpredictable about affection. Sometimes he can go months
without jumping on the desk to get some pettings while I'm on the
computer. But today he suddenly jumped up on the desk and threw himself
at me. He's been in my arms for at least 15 minutes, purring loudly.
(That might not seem like a long time - it's not for Roxy - but for
Licky, that might be a record.)

He's changed positions a few times, and is now semi-seated on the desk,
front paws on my shoulder. He can be such a sweetie sometimes.

I love Licky, he was once KFC's DH

Old March 18th 12, 02:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Christina Websell wrote:

"Bastette" wrote in message

Licky is so unpredictable about affection. Sometimes he can go months
without jumping on the desk to get some pettings while I'm on the
computer. But today he suddenly jumped up on the desk and threw himself
at me. He's been in my arms for at least 15 minutes, purring loudly.
(That might not seem like a long time - it's not for Roxy - but for
Licky, that might be a record.)

He's changed positions a few times, and is now semi-seated on the desk,
front paws on my shoulder. He can be such a sweetie sometimes.

I love Licky, he was once KFC's DH

He remembers!

It's now been about half an hour. He's still here, still purring. Now
he has his chin on my forearm. Aww...

--
Joyce

Fluffy Mackerel Pudding - "Once upon a time, the world was young and the
words 'mackerel' and 'pudding' existed far, far away from one another. One
day, that all changed. And then, whoever was responsible somehow thought
the word 'fluffy' would help." -- Hilarious recipes at: www.candyboots.com
Old March 18th 12, 03:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_4_]

On 03/17/2012 06:52 PM, Bastette wrote:
Licky is so unpredictable about affection. Sometimes he can go months
without jumping on the desk to get some pettings while I'm on the
computer. But today he suddenly jumped up on the desk and threw himself
at me. He's been in my arms for at least 15 minutes, purring loudly.
(That might not seem like a long time - it's not for Roxy - but for
Licky, that might be a record.)

He's changed positions a few times, and is now semi-seated on the desk,
front paws on my shoulder. He can be such a sweetie sometimes.

Spring must be on the way. Today TuTu slept on my bed -- something she
has not done for many months. She is usually in front of a heat
register. However, another storm is on the way . MLB
Old March 18th 12, 05:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Bastette" wrote in message
Licky is so unpredictable about affection. Sometimes he can go months
without jumping on the desk to get some pettings while I'm on the
computer. But today he suddenly jumped up on the desk and threw himself
at me. He's been in my arms for at least 15 minutes, purring loudly.
(That might not seem like a long time - it's not for Roxy - but for
Licky, that might be a record.)

He's changed positions a few times, and is now semi-seated on the desk,
front paws on my shoulder. He can be such a sweetie sometimes.

--
Joyce

Persia is only cuddly at bed time or if I'm on the couch reading a book.
She has never attempted to jump anywhere near my computer desk. But I think
it's great your sometimes stand-offish Licky is right there in your arms

Jill

Old March 18th 12, 10:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

jmcquown wrote:

Persia is only cuddly at bed time or if I'm on the couch reading a book.
She has never attempted to jump anywhere near my computer desk. But I think
it's great your sometimes stand-offish Licky is right there in your arms

Actually, he's more of a scaredy cat than standoffish. If he weren't so
nervous, I think he'd be quite a lover boy. He does demand pettings on my
bed all the time (and often goes into his kneading-the-air trance). It's
just unusual for him to curl up with me for such a long time while I'm
sitting here. He put up with my hands moving (typing and mouse), which
would usually startle him and make him suspicious.

Smudge used to sleep with her chin on my hand. Her head would bounce
up and down as I typed, and would move back and forth when I needed to
use the mouse. She just slept through it.

--
Joyce

A conservative is one who admires radicals centuries after they're dead.
-- Leo Rosten
Old March 19th 12, 06:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message

"Bastette" wrote in message
Licky is so unpredictable about affection. Sometimes he can go months
without jumping on the desk to get some pettings while I'm on the
computer. But today he suddenly jumped up on the desk and threw himself
at me. He's been in my arms for at least 15 minutes, purring loudly.
(That might not seem like a long time - it's not for Roxy - but for
Licky, that might be a record.)

He's changed positions a few times, and is now semi-seated on the desk,
front paws on my shoulder. He can be such a sweetie sometimes.

--
Joyce

Persia is only cuddly at bed time or if I'm on the couch reading a book.
She has never attempted to jump anywhere near my computer desk. But I
think it's great your sometimes stand-offish Licky is right there in your
arms

It's great, isn't it?
Boyfie doesn't try to get near my computer either, but since I left him home
alone for so long, twice now, whilst recuperating from my injuries, he has
become quite clingy. The minute I sit down in my armchair he *must* get on
my lap and stay there for as long as possible.
This is quite understandable but I'm hoping he eases off somewhat as I don't
like to disturb him when he is asleep on my knee and I'm getting nothing
done!
I must tell my friends to text me fairly often as I now carry my mobile
phone slung around my waist in case of further bone disasters and the sound
of a text coming in gets him off my knee in an instant. Then it's not my
fault..
I just cannot bear to wake him up when he is so comfy and doing upsidedowny
head.
Yeah, I know, maybe I am a bit soft with him, but he is such a gentle cat
and is so nervous, and he waited for me while I was gone, although I did
insist on hopping there 3 times in case he lost all hope.
I do wish he could become more sociable. Some of my friends don't believe
he exists as the minute the doorbell rings, he is gone. I don't know why
that is - and will never know.
Maybe he is just a nervous type of cat or maybe something bad happened to
him and that is why he was wandering in the first place.
It did not ruin his temperament anyway. He would die rather than scratch or
bite me and he seems to love me more than the whole world.
He will sometimes touch my face very gently with his paw not to ask for
anything but just to do it.
I love him too.

Tweed

Old March 24th 12, 06:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"jmcquown" wrote in message

"Bastette" wrote in message
[...]

(gentle snippage)

I do wish he could become more sociable. Some of my friends don't believe
he exists as the minute the doorbell rings, he is gone. I don't know why
that is - and will never know.

(snip)
I love him too.

Tweed

I know what you mean! There is a television commercial and in it a doorbell
rings. It sounds *exactly* like my doorbell. It always gives Persia a
start! I have to reassure her, "It's on TV". IOW, no need to run and hide.
On the off chance someone *is* at the door she's gone, lickety split. She's
just not very comfortable with anyone but me. She does like John (and loves
to roll around on his shoes!). She'll still probably hide for a while when
he gets here on the 4th. And she tolerates my neighbor when she drops by.
If I have a repairman in the house, forget it. She's a ghost. For years my
brother (the one I no longer speak to) would joke I had food & water bowls,
not a cat. To this day he's never seen her. (Quite an astute judge of
character, my sweet Persia!)

Jill

Old March 31st 12, 03:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message

"Bastette" wrote in message
[...]

Boyfie will allow people to feed him if I am in hospital, and he is friendly
towards them then, but the minute I am home it's the end of it. Even June
who has been so good to him.

The only person he likes is Simon. He will stay in the same room with Simon
and Simon is the only person who has seen Boyfie kneading me.
All my other friends think Boyfie is a figment of my imagination as they
have never seen him. If my doorbell rings he is gone.
My brother has seen him. Once. My sister in law helps him into his carrier
for me if he needs the vet, so if she comes that's a good idea to rush
outside if he hears her voice.

So it's only Simon that is OK. But he did administer the flea stuff while I
held him down,Boyfie, not Simon... Weeks before that was forgiven. All
fine now.
Boyfie has never had fleas so I don't know why
My dogs never had fleas either. My house is a flea free zone somehow.
Dyson does it. Perhaps.
Tweed