Musings on LA - OT

Old April 3rd 04, 11:19 AM
polonca12000

That's terrible!
Purrs,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"John F. Eldredge" wrote in message
I once ended up spread-eagled on the hood of a car. When the walk
light came on, I started across the intersection on foot, crossing in
front of a car from the passenger side. The driver was looking the
other way, and as soon as he saw there wasn't any traffic coming, he
pulled out and made a right turn. There wasn't time for me to jump
out of the way, so I toppled onto the hood. I had to bang on the
hood to get the driver's attention to let me off; he carried me about
50 feet. Judging from the startled look on his face, he had had no
idea that anyone was walking in front of him. I ended up with
bruised shins, and considered myself lucky that I hadn't fallen
backward and been run over.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from

Old April 3rd 04, 04:22 PM
Dan M

One place you might want to visit in SF is the Winchester Mystery House.

Actually, that place is in San Jose, about 50 miles south of SF. I used
to live not far from there and I never went to see it! I always wanted to,
just never got around to it.

Me too! I used to live near there (Sunnyvale), and I never visited the
place until years after I moved away and passed through again on vacation.

Dan

Old April 3rd 04, 11:36 PM

Dan M wrote:

Me too! I used to live near there (Sunnyvale), and I never visited the
place until years after I moved away and passed through again on vacation.

You used to live in Sunnyvale, too? Gee, you, Hopitus and I should all
get together for a reunion. Where to? Charlie Brown's?

Joyce