Oliver is missing! Urgent Purr Request

Old April 5th 04, 12:43 AM
Margaret Fine

Default Oliver is missing! Urgent Purr Request

My heart is breaking. I cannot find Oliver anywhere. We had company
this weekend and they had been extremely diligent about making sure that
Oliver didn't bolt but he might have snuck out when the luggage was
being dragged out. We turned the apartment upside down and are now
pretty sure that he slipped out. Oliver is an indoor car that hasn't
gone out without his harness and leash on since we found him when he was
12 weeks old so he probably is not very street savvy. He is so afraid
of cars and little kids he may have run away when he heard either one.

He is micro chipped and we've alerted the registry that he is missing.
We also called the local emergency animal clinic and local emergency
animal shelter. We're printing posters now.

I cannot even think what life would be like without him. Please purr
for us and if you have any suggestions let me know.
--
Margaret Fine

Old April 5th 04, 01:00 AM
Victor Martinez

Homing purrs on the way for Oliver to come back home!!! Please keep us
posted.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old April 5th 04, 01:21 AM
Sherry

[...]

Oh Margaret, I'm so sorry. Purrs for Oliver to find his way back home. Are you
sure he's not hiding in the house?

Sherry
Old April 5th 04, 01:52 AM
Lois Reay

Purrs for Oliver to return, poor baby.
and purrs for Oliver's Mum.

Lois

link.net...

Old April 5th 04, 02:52 AM
lrulan

Margaret, we are purring and praying and lighting candles that Oliver finds
his way home QUICKLY! Maybe he's just hanging outside scared to move?
hugs
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from now until the end of time

Old April 5th 04, 03:01 AM
Dan M

I cannot even think what life would be like without him. Please purr
for us and if you have any suggestions let me know.

Oh no! THe kitties are all purring up a storm back home, as am I on the
road.

My suggestions would be:
* Check really thoroughly that he's not hiding in the house, and
* Check out sites like http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/lost_ct1.htm.
Kitties behahavior changes redically when they get stuck outdoors.

Dan M
via Flying J WiFi from Troutdale, OR

Old April 5th 04, 03:52 AM
Kreisleriana

On Sun, 04 Apr 2004 23:43:58 GMT, Margaret Fine
yodeled:

My heart is breaking. I cannot find Oliver anywhere. We had company
this weekend and they had been extremely diligent about making sure that
Oliver didn't bolt but he might have snuck out when the luggage was
being dragged out. We turned the apartment upside down and are now
pretty sure that he slipped out. Oliver is an indoor car that hasn't
gone out without his harness and leash on since we found him when he was
12 weeks old so he probably is not very street savvy. He is so afraid
of cars and little kids he may have run away when he heard either one.

Oh poor little fellow. And poor you, your heart must be breaking.
Heartfelt purrs for his safety.

Theresa

Single-mindedness is all very well in cows or baboons; in an animal
claiming to belong to the same species as Shakespeare it is simply disgraceful.
(Aldous Huxley)
Old April 5th 04, 03:56 AM
MaryL

"Margaret Fine" wrote in message
link.net...
My heart is breaking. I cannot find Oliver anywhere. We had company
this weekend and they had been extremely diligent about making sure that
Oliver didn't bolt but he might have snuck out when the luggage was
being dragged out. We turned the apartment upside down and are now
pretty sure that he slipped out. Oliver is an indoor car that hasn't
gone out without his harness and leash on since we found him when he was
12 weeks old so he probably is not very street savvy. He is so afraid
of cars and little kids he may have run away when he heard either one.

--
Margaret Fine

Margaret, I'm so sorry. It is still possible that he is in the house
because he might have gone into hiding when luggage was being taken out.
Cats can hide in remarkably small places and may stay there for a long time,
especially if frightened.

Since he may be outside, I would suggest that you put out some treats to
tempt him -- something like a cans of tuna fish so that he will notice the
scent. *If it is safe,* leave your door cracked open and place a plate of
tuna just inside the door. I had something similar happen many years ago,
and I had to give up after hours of looking. I slept on a sofa near the
door (open a crack with tuna inside, as I described). When I woke up, my
cat was sitting on the sofa, looking down at me!

MaryL

Human Purr Request Az Cat anecdotes 19 December 15th 03 06:28 AM
Hoomin Purr Request Stacey Cat anecdotes 25 December 15th 03 06:21 AM
SH*T!!! Purr Request Tanada Cat anecdotes 31 November 2nd 03 01:15 AM
A purr request from Kate Marina Cat anecdotes 22 October 9th 03 09:38 PM
ANOTHER Purr Request Angela Ryan Cat anecdotes 15 September 4th 03 06:36 AM