News individual net server

Old February 16th 06, 12:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default News individual net server

Seems to be down for the last hour or two. My computer keeps blipping up
messages "cannot connect to the server" and trying to access them on the
internet to see why gets "page unable to be displayed."
Fortunately I have a cunning plan. I can still read news through my ISP and
post. Unfortunately I rarely do, which results in thousands of unread posts
on there. A lot of them I have read on NIN but they are still unread on my
ISP news server so I have no idea where I am up to.
Not to worry.
I should delete the ISP news posts on a weekly basis at least. I haven't
done, but at least it's a backup when NIN goes down.
Note to self: Delete ng posts on ISP regularly. I read 4 groups and I am
ashamed about the amount that has accumulated on my other ISP nr and is
downloaded on to my computer.

Tweed

Old February 16th 06, 03:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Christina Websell wrote:
Seems to be down for the last hour or two. My computer keeps blipping up
messages "cannot connect to the server" and trying to access them on the
internet to see why gets "page unable to be displayed."
Fortunately I have a cunning plan. I can still read news through my ISP and
post. Unfortunately I rarely do, which results in thousands of unread posts
on there. A lot of them I have read on NIN but they are still unread on my
ISP news server so I have no idea where I am up to.
Not to worry.
I should delete the ISP news posts on a weekly basis at least. I haven't
done, but at least it's a backup when NIN goes down.
Note to self: Delete ng posts on ISP regularly. I read 4 groups and I am
ashamed about the amount that has accumulated on my other ISP nr and is
downloaded on to my computer.

Still doesn't work. I don't remember it ever being down this long before.

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old February 16th 06, 05:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Marina wrote:
Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

It's back up now, was off all morning for me. This *is* very unusual.
I subscribed to my ISP newsserver but it was crap. Maybe 30% of posts
show up on it. No wonder I don't use it.
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown

Old February 16th 06, 09:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

It's a good job you have broadband and aren't paying by the the minute to
download them on dial-up.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
A House is not a home, without a cat.