Urgent Purrs Needed

Old December 16th 10, 10:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_3_]

Default Urgent Purrs Needed

Dave just left with Abelard to go to TED....

Kitty didn't eat this morning and when I tried to feed him again a
while ago, I saw the left side of his face was swelled up. I sniffed
his breath and it was bad, like he has a bad tooth. Poor baby!! Just
when he was putting weight on and starting to enjoy the company of
other cats again, something comes up to spoil things ;(

Could we have some dental well-being purrs, please?
Old December 16th 10, 11:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
NettieCat

On Dec 16, 9:47*pm, Pat wrote:
Dave just left with Abelard to go to TED....

Kitty didn't eat this morning and when I tried to feed him again a
while ago, I saw the left side of his face was swelled up. I sniffed
his breath and it was bad, like he has a bad tooth. Poor baby!! Just
when he was putting weight on and starting to enjoy the company of
other cats again, something comes up to spoil things ;(

Could we have some dental well-being purrs, please?

I hope he gets good treatment and gets well soon. Poor little thing.

Jeanette
Old December 16th 10, 11:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Pat wrote:

Dave just left with Abelard to go to TED....

Kitty didn't eat this morning and when I tried to feed him again a
while ago, I saw the left side of his face was swelled up. I sniffed
his breath and it was bad, like he has a bad tooth. Poor baby!! Just
when he was putting weight on and starting to enjoy the company of
other cats again, something comes up to spoil things ;(

Could we have some dental well-being purrs, please?

Oh, no, poor Abelard! Purrs for the problem to be easily treatable, so
he can get back to the more important business of fattening up and making
friends with his housemates.

Joyce

--
"Bacteria, with a few more bells and whistles."
-- Bonnie Bassler, describing human beings
Old December 16th 10, 11:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_3_]

They're back. Aby got an antibiotic injection and a painkiller
injection, and will be going back to TED in the morning for some
dental work.

TED says try and get him to eat. I offered baby food but he's not
eating it. Last night he got squid and loved that. Maybe he's holding
out for shrimpies...

Old December 16th 10, 11:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Pat" wrote in message
They're back. Aby got an antibiotic injection and a painkiller
injection, and will be going back to TED in the morning for some
dental work.

TED says try and get him to eat. I offered baby food but he's not
eating it. Last night he got squid and loved that. Maybe he's holding
out for shrimpies...

Well? Why don't you give him some? G

Purrs that all goes well tomorrow.

Joy

Old December 17th 10, 12:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Pat" wrote in message
Dave just left with Abelard to go to TED....

Kitty didn't eat this morning and when I tried to feed him again a
while ago, I saw the left side of his face was swelled up. I sniffed
his breath and it was bad, like he has a bad tooth. Poor baby!! Just
when he was putting weight on and starting to enjoy the company of
other cats again, something comes up to spoil things ;(

Could we have some dental well-being purrs, please?

Dental purrs coming from over the pond.
Tweed

Old December 17th 10, 01:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Pat wrote:
Dave just left with Abelard to go to TED....

Kitty didn't eat this morning and when I tried to feed him again a
while ago, I saw the left side of his face was swelled up. I sniffed
his breath and it was bad, like he has a bad tooth. Poor baby!! Just
when he was putting weight on and starting to enjoy the company of
other cats again, something comes up to spoil things ;(

Could we have some dental well-being purrs, please?

Weez purring hard and loud for Abelard to get better MLB and TuTu
Old December 17th 10, 01:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Dec 16, 5:22*pm, Pat wrote:
They're back. Aby got an antibiotic injection and a painkiller
injection, and will be going back to TED in the morning for some
dental work.

TED says try and get him to eat. I offered baby food but he's not
eating it. Last night he got squid and loved that. Maybe he's holding
out for shrimpies...

Purrs that things go well.

--
Will in New Haven
Old December 17th 10, 02:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_3_]

Joy wrote:
Pat wrote

They're back. Aby got an antibiotic injection and a painkiller
injection, and will be going back to TED in the morning for some
dental work.

TED says try and get him to eat. I offered baby food but he's not
eating it. Last night he got squid and loved that. Maybe he's holding
out for shrimpies...

Well? *Why don't you give him some? *G

Purrs that all goes well tomorrow.

I thawed some out and made them into a puree. He's not interested.
This is unprecedented... He drank water when he got back from TED, and
peed, then I offered the baby food, which he turned down. Since then
he's taken a huge dump and has been moving around to different beds,
different spots on the floor, and once in a cupboard (now blocked).
And he's nauseated - maybe a reaction to the injected drugs.

Dave couldn't remember the name of the pain drug TED injected. So I
called the office and spoke with the receptionist/vet tech. She said
the drug's name is "flunexamine" but - as I learned later - apparently
there is no such drug. I thought she must have pronounced it wrong and
kept searching for other drugs that sound like it. All I've been able
to find are "fluvoxamine" which is an anti-depressant not used on
animals, and "fluocinonide" which is used by vets but is a topical
cortico-steroid.

Of course, TED's office was closed for the day by the time I found the
above info, so I have no idea what kind of drug other than the
antibiotic was actually given, nor any idea what signs of possible
negative side effects I should be watching for. And TED didn't give
Dave an invoice (which would have showed the name of the drug) because
the treatment is not finished yet.

But here's a word that starts with "flu" and has an "x" in it, that
describes my current state of mind: flummoxed!

Old December 17th 10, 02:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kraut / Larry Stark

On Thu, 16 Dec 2010 13:47:23 -0800 (PST), Pat
wrote:

Dave just left with Abelard to go to TED....

Kitty didn't eat this morning and when I tried to feed him again a
while ago, I saw the left side of his face was swelled up. I sniffed
his breath and it was bad, like he has a bad tooth. Poor baby!! Just
when he was putting weight on and starting to enjoy the company of
other cats again, something comes up to spoil things ;(

Could we have some dental well-being purrs, please?

Prayers and purrs on the way for as long as needed!!!