feeding my cat..??

Old August 10th 03, 05:32 AM
Jamiroquai

Default feeding my cat..??

i was wondering how much should i feed my cat a day..?? it meows and meows
constantly when theres food around i understand its an animal and it doesnt
understand and it starts crying if we dont give it any, i feed it just under
half the can the can is 190g, once in the morning and once at night, can
anyone help me out i dont want to make my cat a fat cat and feed it more
than i should and shorten its life spam like i haveheard if you over feed
your cat..

Old August 10th 03, 04:41 PM
Jim Wild

Me again... You heard that over feeding your cat will shorten it's life?
Please! I'm certian that is based on non-sense. Sandy lived 22 years
with a non stop supply of food.

That is non-sense.....

Old August 11th 03, 02:40 PM
Jim Wild

Sure I'm no cat expert but out of a life time of owning cats and free
feeding, I never had one with a weight problem. I'm sure you are right
about problems developing, however I would tend to think that obesity in
cats is rare. Believe me, I've had some heavy cats but they were not
fat. Maybe I just had good luck. My cats have always averaged eating
about 1 box of dry food a week. That seems reasonable. A box every 2
days, now that would be a problem.

To the person who originally posted this question, if your cat cries for
food like you said, try keeping just a small amount of dry food
available to him for nibbling. It sound like your cat may be spoiled in
his feeding habits. You think kids get spoiled? Try listening to a
siamese cry for food. It sounds an air raid siren with fur.

Old August 12th 03, 01:19 AM
Linda E

"Jim Wild" wrote in message
Sure I'm no cat expert but out of a life time of owning cats and free
feeding, I never had one with a weight problem. I'm sure you are right
about problems developing, however I would tend to think that obesity in
cats is rare. Believe me, I've had some heavy cats but they were not
fat. Maybe I just had good luck. My cats have always averaged eating
about 1 box of dry food a week. That seems reasonable. A box every 2
days, now that would be a problem.

To the person who originally posted this question, if your cat cries for
food like you said, try keeping just a small amount of dry food
available to him for nibbling. It sound like your cat may be spoiled in
his feeding habits. You think kids get spoiled? Try listening to a
siamese cry for food. It sounds an air raid siren with fur.

I didn't read all of the other posts, but, you *have* been lucky. I have
two adult cats. One will stop eating when he's full (tho he is slightly
overweight) and the other one will eat all her food and anything her
"brother" leaves untouched! She is quite overweight even tho I feel like
I'm controlling what she's eating..... (Phil, this would be Betsy I'm
talking about! Pre-illness weight was 9.8 and she is now up to 13#!!!!!) I
know the excess weight isn't good for her and we have probably spoiled her
because she went through a serious illness. She was malnurished when we
found her and has always been "hungry!"

Linda

Feeding time! Lois Reay Cat anecdotes 4 October 15th 03 12:09 AM
Hand Feeding Allegra640 Cat anecdotes 7 September 7th 03 12:41 AM
re feeding dilemma Jean H Cat anecdotes 1 August 24th 03 07:43 PM
Feeding dilemma Victor M. Martinez Cat anecdotes 4 July 22nd 03 08:31 PM
Feeding dilemma Victor M. Martinez Cat health & behaviour 8 July 22nd 03 08:31 PM