two paws up for the Fresh Flow bowl

Old August 12th 03, 03:27 AM
Brandy Alexandre

Default two paws up for the Fresh Flow bowl

Governor George Liquor wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav:

The Fresh Flow works just as advertised: the electric pump is very
nearly silent, and the charcoal filter keeps the water clean to
the eye and nose. My wholly uninformed opinion is that if you're
concerned about your cat(s) not drinking enough water, the Fresh
Flow bowl might help.

Yup, I got Kami a PatMate fountain and we've discussed the Drinkwell
also. It seems all of these fountains are a godsend for getting a cat
to increase their fluid intake.

The pump started to slack off in ours over the last month even though
it was technically "clean." A few minutes dip in a cup of vinegar did
wonders! I also wiped clean the whole fountain with vinegar because it
was getting a little build-up. It too the mineralization right off,
rinse away, and is obviously non-toxic.

--
BrandyÂ*Â*Alexandre®
http://www.swydm.com/?refer=BrandyAlx

Old August 12th 03, 05:59 PM
BarB

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 02:27:43 -0000, "BrandyÂ*Alexandre"
Â* wrote:

The pump started to slack off in ours over the last month even though
it was technically "clean." A few minutes dip in a cup of vinegar did
wonders! I also wiped clean the whole fountain with vinegar because it
was getting a little build-up. It too the mineralization right off,
rinse away, and is obviously non-toxic.

When mine slowed down, I had to pull the pump out to clean the cat hair
from the pump intake.

The fountain will get slimy if not well cleaned. Mine was getting nasty
much too fast. I used to take it all apart and soak the parts in bleach.
Now I set it in the sink, pour some bleach in the water, plug it in and
let it recirculate for a few minutes. That sterilizes the inside of the
pump as well. Then I pump rinse water through several times before
refilling it. Once a week cleaning seems to keep mine fresh now.

BarB

Old August 13th 03, 01:19 AM
Angio

i have wanted to get one of these bowls, however, i have a feller that
is allergic to plastic. if he drinks or eats out of a plastic bowl he
gets a rash on his chin. are your bowls stainless steel or ceramic or
do you know where one is sold like this?