Cats and human pregnancy

Old June 21st 05, 02:40 AM
.oO rach Oo.

Default Cats and human pregnancy

I am about three months pregnant and my two cats will not leave my side.
Especially the younger of the two, Stella. She will curl up on my belly and
purr loudly.

Could she hear or feel the placenta noise or feel the warmth?

It just seems that she has been wanting to cuddle more and can't get enough
of my belly. She will paw my shirts, crawl under my shirts to lie on my
belly.

Any ideas?

--
..oO rach Oo.

Old June 21st 05, 03:55 AM
biggerbadderbarry

..oO rach Oo. wrote:

Any ideas?

--
.oO rach Oo.

How neat.
How far along are you.
I'm sure they know something is up.
They see you walking around holding your belly.
I hear male cats can be nurturing as well as females.
I also suspect your body scents have changed with your hormones.

Old June 21st 05, 09:25 AM
Rebecca Root

On 2005-06-20 20:55:39 -0600, "biggerbadderbarry"
said:
snip

I also suspect your body scents have changed with your hormones.

I think there must be some similarities between human and cat hormone
smells. When I was in high school I had a friend with an intact female
cat. Normally, she gave equal time to all members of the family. But
when she was in heat, she'd only go after Pam's dad - rubbing, purring
all over the place. In the summer, they rented a room to a college guy
and the cat would go after him when she was in heat. She left Pam's
little brother Clark alone. Then all of a sudden, when Clark was 12, he
also got the royal treatment when the cat was in heat. They all figured
his hormone level reached the requisite potency, in the opinion of the
cat.

Old June 21st 05, 10:12 AM
KellyH

".oO rach Oo." wrote in message
. ..
I am about three months pregnant and my two cats will not leave my side.
Especially the younger of the two, Stella. She will curl up on my belly and
purr loudly.

Could she hear or feel the placenta noise or feel the warmth?

It just seems that she has been wanting to cuddle more and can't get
enough of my belly. She will paw my shirts, crawl under my shirts to lie
on my belly.

Any ideas?

If you are anything like me, you may be radiating heat. I feel like I could
heat the entire world!
My problem has been getting my cats to stop "kneading" on my belly and
jumping from the headboard onto me.

--
-Kelly

Old June 21st 05, 10:16 AM
IBen Getiner

..oO rach Oo. wrote:
I am about three months pregnant and my two cats will not leave my side.
Especially the younger of the two, Stella. She will curl up on my belly and
purr loudly.

Sheeet, lady... She'z a KAt! She does what she does because SHE wants
to do it! It has nothing in the world to do with your special
condition, believe me..

Could she hear or feel the placenta noise or feel the warmth?

Now you might be onto something there. If it is warm, kitties will
come!

It just seems that she has been wanting to cuddle more and can't get enough
of my belly. She will paw my shirts, crawl under my shirts to lie on my
belly.

Any ideas?

Please try to remember... Your cat is an ANIMAL. They will remind you
of this when you least expect it. In your case, that time it is now.
Your body probably smells different due to your pregnant state, or
something. And that is what your cat wants to be near. For HER benefit,
mind you. Not yours.

--
.oO rach Oo.

IBen

Old June 21st 05, 10:30 AM
Lesley

I've also seen and heard of cat's in heat making passes at male
hoomins. A friend of mine's cat did this with her new boyfriend and he
thought it was cute until she explained that the cat had worked out
gender but not species!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old June 21st 05, 03:13 PM
Mary

On 2005-06-20 20:55:39 -0600, "biggerbadderbarry"
said:
snip

I also suspect your body scents have changed with your hormones.

I think there must be some similarities between human and cat hormone
smells. When I was in high school I had a friend with an intact female
cat. Normally, she gave equal time to all members of the family. But
when she was in heat, she'd only go after Pam's dad - rubbing, purring
all over the place. In the summer, they rented a room to a college guy
and the cat would go after him when she was in heat. She left Pam's
little brother Clark alone. Then all of a sudden, when Clark was 12, he
also got the royal treatment when the cat was in heat. They all figured
his hormone level reached the requisite potency, in the opinion of the
cat.

My spayed girl cats (three of them) have always made over men more
than women. Even my little personal slave driver Cheeky responds to
my husband with elevator butt and eye-batting and tail swishing that
I never get.

Old June 21st 05, 03:19 PM
Mary

"KellyH" wrote in message
".oO rach Oo." wrote in message
. ..
I am about three months pregnant and my two cats will not leave my side.
Especially the younger of the two, Stella. She will curl up on my belly

and
purr loudly.

Could she hear or feel the placenta noise or feel the warmth?

It just seems that she has been wanting to cuddle more and can't get
enough of my belly. She will paw my shirts, crawl under my shirts to lie
on my belly.

Any ideas?

If you are anything like me, you may be radiating heat. I feel like I

could
heat the entire world!
My problem has been getting my cats to stop "kneading" on my belly and
jumping from the headboard onto me.

--

Gads, twins! You must be a little heat plant. When will they be here?

About headboard leaping: this must be what the Mother Ship is
instructing Them to do this week. Cheeky's newest thing is to
walk along the headboard meowing then springboard off the
bed next to my head and onto the floor. Talk about a rude
awakening!

Old June 21st 05, 03:53 PM
Philip

"Mary" wrote in message
news:1119363224.5e1a1ca84e0a851f8ab7714a350bc804@t eranews...

My spayed girl cats (three of them) have always made over men more
than women. Even my little personal slave driver Cheeky responds to
my husband with elevator butt and eye-batting and tail swishing that
I never get.

Now I get it. You need male attention, hence the quest to own a known, big,
friendly, *male* tabby. LOL ;^) Conan is quite the lady's cat.