A clear message!

Old August 19th 05, 08:33 PM
jmc

Default A clear message!

For those who don't think that cats communicate, or have opionions
(probably nobody here, lol)

This morning, I let Meep out in our yard for a bit, as it was a nice,
sunny morning. I had a horseriding lesson, so an hour later, I called
her in. She came right in, tail up, popped right in the house, but as
she passed me - a great big hiss! She never slowed or stopped, just
kept on truckin'! I thought it was pretty funny, and pretty clear:

"I'm coming in, but only under protest!"

jmc
Old August 19th 05, 10:29 PM
Ajanta

:
: This morning, I let Meep out in our yard for a bit, as it was a nice,
: sunny morning. I had a horseriding lesson, so an hour later, I called
: her in. She came right in, tail up, popped right in the house, but as
: she passed me - a great big hiss! She never slowed or stopped, just
: kept on truckin'! I thought it was pretty funny, and pretty clear:

I posted my own expereince a few days ago with a cat who visits me for
1-2 hours everyday and I feed her. Usually she shows up late afternoon,
we socialize a little, she eats, watches TV if she's in mood, and then
leaves.

One day I was about to shower when she appeared. Mistake 1: instead of
attending to her, I went into shower. When I came out, she was gone,
but lying on the first floor where I could see her from my the 3rd
floor porch. I went down, brought her up. Mistake 2: Unthinkingly I
served her the type of food she doesn't like much. She marched away
from the bowl and sat near stairs looking at me with "I am leaving"
look. Then I opened the kind she likes. She came back and did eat, but
still didn't want to engage in other social routines. When I moved
towards her to make up, she scooted away and down.

One day had to pass before I was completely forgiven. My SO thought she
was not annoyed, just playing games, but I think that is his wishful
thinking.
Old August 20th 05, 12:36 AM
Cheryl

On Fri 19 Aug 2005 03:33:32p, jmc wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav ):

For those who don't think that cats communicate, or have
opionions (probably nobody here, lol)

This morning, I let Meep out in our yard for a bit, as it was a
nice, sunny morning. I had a horseriding lesson, so an hour
later, I called her in. She came right in, tail up, popped
right in the house, but as she passed me - a great big hiss!
She never slowed or stopped, just kept on truckin'! I thought
it was pretty funny, and pretty clear:

"I'm coming in, but only under protest!"

jmc

Funny!! Oh, I believe you! They sure do let their thoughts be
known. lol

--
Cheryl

"The clever cat eats cheese and breathes down rat holes with baited
breath."
- W.C. Fields