Jack Russell next door

Old June 17th 15, 03:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Jack Russell next door

"jmcquown" wrote in
Christina wrote:
It's driving me mad. Our houses are attached and every time they leave
it
it barks for hours. and howls. Weekends are the worst, they leave it
alone all day.
I do expect a dog to bark if I have one next door, but it's getting too
much. They recently had a baby and the dog seems to have gone out of
the
window. I've tried very hard for the past 18 months not to bother
about it, but no the continual barking is really getting on my nerves.
It's not his fault. He's left alone too much.
I am not up to falling out with a new neighbour. but. they leave him
alone too much and the poor lad is breaking his heart about it. They
are
out all day every day and every weekend, he sits in the window looking
for them.
And barks and barks.

Shut up you stupid ****.

Well, that's you into you into the killfile. It's possible to disagree
and
have a robust argument on here without being insulting. I gave you every
chance
Plonk.

Finally!

If there any word I dislike it's the c word and anyone who uses it on
the
group is gone instantly.
You don't like to be told that you should have got Hobo neutered , do
you?
Call me what you want, you should get him the snip.

Tweed, rant all you want, that snip isn't going to happen. I'm not sure
there even is a cat that needs snipped. He's a troll. You've been around
long enough to recognize the nice then completely wacky signs.

Hmm, I didn't think I was ranting. However Lord B is now killfilled for
resorting to insults instead of answering why Hobo has not met the vet yet.
Boyfie arrived intact and it took a whole lot of time to get him snipped.
Anyway it was done eventually. He stays home. No interest about wandering
about girls, he prefers to help me in the garden. Which consists of me
pulling up weeds and him hiding himself in the weeds in case he can catch a
bird.
He knows very well that only rodent catching is allowed and it's his job to
get rats.

Old June 17th 15, 03:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
"MaryL" wrote in message
[...]

Do you have animal control where you could reports this (both as a
nuisance to you and as neglect to the dog)? Of course, that does mean
that you would be stirring up trouble with the neighbors, but it may
come
to that. It would be a good idea to take a tape recording of the
constant
barking that you could play for animal control or the police.

I don't want to report them to anyone, because they will get annoyed and
then I will have bad neighbours each side. It's really difficult. The
poor
dog just breaks his heart about being left for so long. He is up in the
window all day waiting for them to come home. Once he starts barking he
doesn't know how to stop.
My options are 1. knock on their door and tell it how it is, that
leaving
their dog alone for so long is distressing him and he is is really upset
and
I'm fed up with hearing him barking and howling. They won't like it.
2. Involve the RSPCA.. the animal act of 2006 covers home alone. They
will
know it's me, though.
3. Continue to ignore it as I've done for the past 18 months and seethe.

Seething is not a good thing.

I know you don't want to confront them but perhaps they don't realize the
dog barks from the minute they leave until they get back home.

I like the suggestion of inviting them for tea; they'll have to hear the
dog barking because it will be alone. Then you could mention it barks
like that all the time.

I don't want to do that - it would freak Boyfie out. He can hardly cope
with Claire who fed him twice a day when I was in hospital and looked after
us 3 times daily for months .
He is not scared of her but he won't allow her to touch him.
No one can. Only me.

Old June 17th 15, 04:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lord Bergamot[_2_]

"Lord Bergamot" wrote in message

Christina wrote:
[...]

Jill

You just have to get your two cents worth in, don't you? Do you want me to start attacking your post?

--
:-)
Don't let the Zombies get you!!!!

My God is better than your god!!!!
Old June 17th 15, 03:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
"MaryL" wrote in message
[...]

Okay, then I can't offer any suggestions. I guess you'll just have to
tolerate the dog barking all the time. shrug

Jill

Old June 17th 15, 03:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in
Christina wrote:
[...]

"Rant" is just a term [it's an online thing] I use when something
someone keeps trying to argue a point. In fact, in Usenet /rant on and
/rant off is an old school expression. No offense intended by my use of
the word.

However Lord B is now killfilled for
resorting to insults instead of answering why Hobo has not met the vet yet.

He'll never answer that question. He's not here to talk about cats.
He's here to be disruptive.

Jill
Old June 18th 15, 05:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
"jmcquown" wrote in
Christina wrote:
[...]

Yes, you are probably right, but I always give new people a chance or three.
If I killfile, my computer removes all posts from the offender and has done
so. I will never see him again.

I do wonder about some people's mindset sometimes.

Old June 21st 15, 09:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
It's driving me mad. Our houses are attached and every time they leave it
it barks for hours. and howls. Weekends are the worst, they leave it
alone all day.
I do expect a dog to bark if I have one next door, but it's getting too
much. They recently had a baby and the dog seems to have gone out of the
window. I've tried very hard for the past 18 months not to bother about
it, but no the continual barking is really getting on my nerves.
It's not his fault. He's left alone too much.
I am not up to falling out with a new neighbour. but. they leave him
alone too much and the poor lad is breaking his heart about it. They are
out all day every day and every weekend, he sits in the window looking for
them.
And barks and barks.

Just posted a note through the door about "finding a solution"
Came to the end of my tether. they left him
nearly all day yesterday and he barked for hours. They are out again and
he's barking. I've had enough.
It's not the dog's fault. He's lonely.
I expect they won't like it but I cannot tolerate it any more.
Of course I expect a dog to bark if I have one next door. It's not about
that. It's about him never shutting up when they leave him for hours. Fed
up with it. 18 months is enough.

Old June 22nd 15, 03:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
news[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

He'll never answer that question. He's not here to talk about cats. He's
here to be disruptive.

Jill

Yes, you are probably right, but I always give new people a chance or three.
If I killfile, my computer removes all posts from the offender and has done
so. I will never see him again.

I do wonder about some people's mindset sometimes.

I don't even believe he has cats.

Old June 22nd 15, 06:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article , Christina Websell
wrote:

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...
[...]

Absolutely! I hope it works.

Judith

I'm trying to do it nicely, I said in the note that I don't want to fall out
about it but they leave him too long and he is horribly lonely and
distressed. I expected they might come round to discuss, but no. Although
husband came home twice today even though wife was in. I hope I haven't
upset them but if I don't tell them about it, they won't know. I've been
very patient about the barking "well, he's just settling in" for 18 months
and now I've had enough. He won't change now, and the simple reason is that
they leave him too long. so they have to sort it out either by a) taking
him with them b) taking him elsewhere for someone to look after him when
they are out c) getting someone to sit with him.
What cannot continue is the consistent barking. I am very fond of dogs, but
he's driving me mad. I had to go out at the weekend (even though I didn't
want to) to get away from "bark, one second pause, bark, one second pause"
etc
I hope they take the note in the spirit it was intended.

Old June 22nd 15, 08:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article , Christina Websell
wrote:

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...
[...]

That sounds fine, but I hope you also went into some detail and
described the consistent barking. I expect you did, but you did not
mention it when you described your message to them.

MaryL