Silent ginger

Old October 26th 04, 06:53 PM

Default Silent ginger

A young ginger tom has moved into our house. It's a nice tame, clean
cat but we can't find out who it belongs to.

It is totally silent. It repeatedly opens it's mouth wide when it
wants to go out (or come in) and a cry should emerge but nothing is
heard.

What could be wrong with it?

Steve
Build networks from numeric, text and image files.
http://www.easynn.com
Old October 26th 04, 08:44 PM
Bill Stock

wrote in message
A young ginger tom has moved into our house. It's a nice tame, clean
cat but we can't find out who it belongs to.

It is totally silent. It repeatedly opens it's mouth wide when it
wants to go out (or come in) and a cry should emerge but nothing is
heard.

What could be wrong with it?

We had a ginger stray (neighbour's cat) that used to visit. It lost it's
voice for a while, but we never knew why. It was quite loud, so perhaps they
had it silenced? It also had a fight with a Coon, so it might have been an
infection.

Our cat is also very quiet, rarely meows aloud. Usually just opens her mouth
and nothing comes out.

Old October 26th 04, 09:22 PM
Ron Herfurth

wrote in message
A young ginger tom has moved into our house. It's a nice tame, clean
cat but we can't find out who it belongs to.

It is totally silent. It repeatedly opens it's mouth wide when it
wants to go out (or come in) and a cry should emerge but nothing is
heard.

What could be wrong with it?

Steve

I have a big old ginger tom who adopted me but never makes a sound other
than a low crackling sound when he tries to meow. He's had chronic ear
problems and my vet thinks that may have affected his voice. I drop his ears
every month or so just to try to try to help keep things in check.
ron