Tiger Balm

Old September 13th 07, 01:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
badwilson

Default Tiger Balm UPDATE

Well, I did it again the next night but Vino wasn't fussed with the
Tiger Balm. I guess he got all his cravings out of his system the night
before??? Strange cat, that one.
On the other hand, I had a good sleep again that night, but I didn't use
it last night and woke up at 2am hacking. Hmmm, there might be
something to this trick...
--
Britta
Purring is an automatic safety valve device for dealing with happiness

On Sep 11, 5:49 am, "badwilson" wrote:
Sorry I have participated so little lately. Life's been insane
lately and on top of it all I've been sick. So purrs for everyone
who needs them!
I started out having the flu and now it's progressed to an annoying
cough. Last night I decided to try that supposedly sure-fire
night-time cough remedy where you put a thick layer of Vick's Vapo
Rub on the soles of your feet at bedtime. Unfortunately I didn't
have any Vick's, but I did have Tiger Balm. I figured it must be
close to the same thing so I tried it.
I got on the bed and oped the jar of Tiger Balm. Vino jumped up on
the bed and approached me. I held out the jar for him to sniff and
it was like he hit an invisible force field that prevented him from
getting any closer. It was so funny the way he instantly stopped
dead in his tracks and jerked his head back a bit. And this from a
distance of probably a foot from the jar!
Anyway, I coated the soles of my feet and put some socks on. Then I
went to bed. I was lying in bed reading when suddenly Vino jumped up
and attacked my feet under the doona! Wow, I thought, he's sure
playful tonight, he hasn't done "bedmice" for ages! But it just
went on, and on, and on! He was burrowing my thick winter doona
like crazy, trying to dig through to my feet. I finally realized
that it was the (by now much fainter) smell of the Tiger Balm that
was driving him crazy. It got to the point where I had to push him
away a couple of times, I was afraid for my doona cover. But he
just kept returning, glazed look in his eyes, purring non-stop.
Finally he must have had his fill and he sacked out in a catnip-high
type trance and went to sleep.
As for the cough remedy, I didn't cough all night and had a great
sleep, so it must have worked. I will try it again tonight. We'll
see if Vino has the same reaction again!

Old September 17th 07, 10:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Default Tiger Balm

badwilson wrote:

[...]

I hope you are feeling much better by now, Britta.
Lots of purrs and best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek

Old September 18th 07, 06:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baha via CatKB.com

Stosh actually likes the smell of such things; but his favorite is Gold Bond
itch cream. He is all over me and Louie when we put this stuff on, and we
have to do it at night and cover up quickly, or else4 he'll try to lick it.

Blessed be,
Baha

Old September 27th 07, 11:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin - bogus address

I applied some Tiger balm not then knowing of its medicinal properties
because someone told me and my then (not surprisingly we didn't last
much longer after this!) BF that the scent had aphrodisiac properties
when applied to certain parts of the male anatomy

Have you read Irvine Welsh's "Trainspotting"?

(No I'm not going to summarize the relevant bit...)