American Idol guy & Cats

Old November 19th 03, 10:15 PM
Mary

"Cat Protector" wrote in message
news:4MNub.5284$3z5.2723@okepread01...
Well we don't know if Aiken is gay really. He has never really

stated
whether or not he was.

Whoah! I am not anti-gay! I am anti-wussy-faced Queens who say hateful
things about cats! :-) There is a difference!

I do know that the Aiken fans don't appreciate those
cat people who have posted on his Web Site against him. What Aiken

said in
that interview was stupid and obnoxious. I guess he feels fame gives

him the
write to speak out against cats. I don't always agree with PETA but

I do
agree with them on this one. They have every right to post that ad.

If the measure of a society lies in how it treats its
dependants--meaning the elderly, indigent, children and so-called
"dumb animals" we had better keep speaking out. On the whole
humanity's track record in this regard is rather sucky.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"Mary" wrote in message
. com...

Precisely. His response should have been to adopt another cat and

make
sure he lavished it with love. He's still a mincing little Queen

in my
book. But then I don't like his music anyway.

Lauren

________

Old November 20th 03, 12:11 AM
Cat Protector

Well Aiken's remarks have caused us to ban the airplay of his music for the
time being. I am hoping that Aiken will apologize for comments though
against cats. Other than his comments he has remained rather silent. I think
he is talented and it is a shame to ban his music but as an owner of a radio
station for cats, I can't dismiss his rather public dislike for cats. Cats
are beautiful and intelligent creatures and not the evil beings Aiken has
made them out to be. As a cat lover I am disgusted by his remarks. BTW, the
Cat Galaxy Forum is having a discussion about this issue. You can check it
out at http://groups.msn.com/CatGalaxy . All cats and cat lovers are welcome
to post their views.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

.. .

Old November 20th 03, 12:13 AM
Cat Protector

I think he is talented but his anti-cat statements is one of the reasons
that right now his music will not see airplay on Cat Galaxy. I think the
statements he made will really hurt him.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"Judy F" wrote in message
et...
Whether he likes it or not, Clay Aiken has become a role model for many
people (please don't include me in that bunch, I think he's a weird little
twirp) so he should learn not to say things that his stupid fans could
emulate. There are enough cat haters out there without confirmation from a
celebrity (still can't understand that)...

"Rona Yuthasastrakosol" wrote in message

"PawsForThought" wrote in message

Thanks for posting this, Rona. As I said in my post, I had just

gotten
it
from
another board and didn't know if it was true or not.

That's why I added the little thing at the top of my post--my comments
weren't directed to you at all.

But the comment about
cats being Satan, well is strange for sure. I think most of us aren't

haunted
by cat spirits as Satan. I think most of us who are *haunted* by such

thing
would be inspired to do good, make life right for another cat, in the

spirit of
love, not Satan.

Agreed. He certainly could have used better words to describe his

fears.
think, however, that the use of the word Satan from a southern American
Christian (likely fundamentalist), describing something s/he doesn't

like
or
is afraid of, is probably pretty frequent. I would say this is

especially
true of a person who seems to be rather over-dramatic.

rona (stereotyping can be fun!)

Old November 20th 03, 04:41 AM
Elizabeth M.

http://www.curlio.com/new_showarticl...536&page=last#

2003-11-19 22:08:18 Yahoo News

PETA Blackmails Clay Aiken

PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals), who have long ago lost
sight of "the line," have dropped to a new low. Now they are blackmailing
American Idols runner-up Clay Aiken.

"People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals has delayed a new ad campaign
with the slogan "Get Neutered, It Didn't Hurt Clay Aiken," while it waits to
see if Aiken will apologize for negative comments he made about cats," PETA
officials said Tuesday.

PETA vice president Dan Mathews said that Clay needs to learn to take a joke
if he wants to be famous.

So what are the oh-so-offensive comments that Clay made about cats?

"There's nothing worse to me than a house cat. When I was about sixteen, I
had a kitten and ran over it. Seeing that cat die, I actually think that its
spirit has haunted me. I wasn't afraid of cats before. But now they scare me
to death," Aiken told Rolling Stone.

PETA has also said that they will call off the advertisement if Clays posts
a message on his website urging owners to spay or neuter and give an
interview to PETA.

So basically, because Clay had a bad experience with a cat, and now doesn't
like them, he's suddenly a bad person? He's not allowed to voice his
personal preference? What, will Calvin Klein start to run derogatory
advertisements against Ricky Martin if he suddenly announces that he prefers
Hanes instead? What's next? You can't announce that you like a certain
shampoo? That's just fricking nonsense. Personally, I'm not a big Clay Aiken
fan, but I'll darn well stand up and support him should he choose to stand
against PETA for this stupid and moronic choice of theirs. Clay, and all of
his fans, should go support a worthy animal cause, such as the ASPCA, the
Humane Society, or the World Wildlife Fund. I'm sure any one of those
organizations would do wonderful things with your donations, not take time
out to bash celebrities for their personal choice.

http://www.triumphtheinsultcomicdog.com/

TRIUMPH ON THE PETA AD
"Recently I agreed to do an ad for PETA. Why? I'm not into animal rights.
The only animal right I want is the right to hump Ashanti's leg. Look at
your average animal lovers, like Moby and Bill Maher. Sure, Bill Maher love
animals... that's because humans hate him! Moby? Nice guy, but not the best
looking man. I hear Moby had sex with a poodle once, and the poodle was
arrested for bestiality. Vegetarianism? Count me out. I ain't giving up cow,
or bird, or pig. So why the hell should you? Hell, we'd eat you if someone
dropped a slice on the floor. Oh, yes. We'll have the deep fried Moby with a
side of glazed Mary Tyler Moore, please. Dessert? I'm torn between the Pam
Anderson flambe and the flourless Alec Baldwin cake. Bottom line: animals
are assholes. Delicious assholes.

Which brings me back to this PETA ad. Why would I endorse neutering? After
all, I rip into another animal-hugging nut job, Bob Barker, on the CD. The
guy can't stop telling people to cut their pets' nuts off. So Jack Black and
I have at him: "Bob Barker got a bone to pick/gonna make a chew toy outta
your dick/these teeth are sharp and the price is right/gonna neuter your ass
with one nut crackin' bite." There can be only one reason I would then turn
around and advocate ball chopping: free publicity. Timed right with the
release of the CD. Did I mention animals are assholes?

That should be the end of the story. But hold the phone - we're dealing with
PETA. Bong - cuckoo! As you see, I made a typically poopy quip in the ad:
"Get Neutered - It Didn't Hurt Clay Aiken." It actually wasn't my first
choice. I really wanted "Chop 'Em Off - They Didn't Taste That Great
Anyway." But PETA was jonesing for the Clay joke. Whatever. Just give me my
pub and go back to your spray painting.
Turns out PETA had an ax to grind with Clay. They released the ad and a
press release, quoting Clay talking trash about cats, like "Cats are Satan."
Never mind that Clay keeds. They quoted Clay saying "I ran over a kitten
when I was 16." Never mind that they left out the part where Clay said it
was an accident that haunts him to this day. (click here to read his quote)
Well played, PETA. And I thought I was the pub whore.

So here I am -- caught in the middle of crappy tunes and looney tunes...
when all I wanted was to whore myself. Of course, I have to stand with Clay,
even if they hadn't twisted his quotes. This is about a basic human and
animal right that must be preserved... the right to poop, to joke, to keed.
Look, I sing "Cats Are C***s" on the CD, but I keed. I don't hate cats. I've
even banged a few in my day. Just never let a cat give you a hand job."