Drinkwell,,,,buy online to save $?

Old May 4th 04, 03:10 AM
muffin

Default Drinkwell,,,,buy online to save $?

Have you used some of those filtered water dispensers like Drinkwell.? I
think there is another brand too. a smaller one for $37?
Any opinion?
Where is a good place to buy those online and save from the $50 there are at
Petsmart?

Thank you

Old May 4th 04, 04:09 AM
Jon C

I got a Drinkwell so my cats would stop drinking out of the toilet or
lapping up water left on the kitchen counter. They love it, and it's the
only water they drink anymore.

Jon

Old May 4th 04, 06:37 AM
m. L. Briggs

On Mon, 3 May 2004 19:10:19 -0700, "muffin" wrote:

Have you used some of those filtered water dispensers like Drinkwell.? I
think there is another brand too. a smaller one for $37?
Any opinion?
Where is a good place to buy those online and save from the $50 there are at
Petsmart?

Thank you

Be sure to get one that won't overflow if the power goes off. The
first one I had did that. I got the new one at Petco/ MLB

Old May 4th 04, 03:30 PM
Joe Canuck

muffin wrote:
Have you used some of those filtered water dispensers like Drinkwell.? I
think there is another brand too. a smaller one for $37?
Any opinion?
Where is a good place to buy those online and save from the $50 there are at
Petsmart?

Thank you

There is the PetMate one.

Main difference between Petmate and Drinkwell...

Petmate... water flows down a ramp.

Drinkwell... water pours out of the spout.

--
"Its the bugs that keep it running."
-Joe Canuck

Old May 4th 04, 03:41 PM
Steve G

"muffin" wrote in message news:dUClc.11745$k24.2332@fed1read01...
Have you used some of those filtered water dispensers like Drinkwell.?

Yes. The Freshflow one, not the Drinkwell.

Any opinion?

Of course! Lots of opinions.

Regarding the Freshflow, it works and my (2) cats like it, but I think
it's pretty poor design:

1. It needs very frequent cleaning otherwise it ends up being a cat
hair fountain. There is no (external) filter to prevent cat hair
getting in to the pump, so said pump needs to be disassembled whenever
it starts sounding like a small army of Trabants. This happens all too
often.

2. It's not all that easy to clean, given that it has various sticky
out bits wot are tricky to maneuver your cleaning apparatus round.
Ooooer.

3. The (plastic) water slide gets gradually eroded if your cat likes
to lick the water from that part of the fountain.

4. The water pump itself seems to have a limited lifetime. After less
than a year, the pump on my fountain now sounds like it's attempting
to tunnel to freedom, or possibly pump whole brazil nuts through a
sieve.

The Drinkwell may be a better design. If I knew this was so, I'd buy
one and dump the Freshflow.

Where is a good place to buy those online and save from the $50 there are at
Petsmart?

Dunno. www.reallycheappetdrinkingfountainsrus.com?

Steve.