Mommy's Bed is WARM!!!!

Old December 8th 08, 09:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default Mommy's Bed is WARM!!!!

I am now on my third electric blanket in 4 years. I can get really cold at
night, so my bed has a bottom sheet (them me), then a top sheet, then an
electric blanket, then a thermal blanket to keep the heat from the electric
blanket in, and then a heavy quilt on top of it all (thank gawd I live in
Texas and not Alaska or I'd have to climb a ladder just to get into bed each
night).

for those four years, I could NOT find an electric blanket that got warm
enough. In our stupid, overly-litigious society, manufacturers are so
afraid of being sued that they make everything safe to the point of being
ineffective. But last night at Sears, I finally found an electric blanket
(a Sunbeam) that gets warm enough to actually feel the heat (as opposed to
the others that did not get warm enough for you to even know when they were
on). In fact it gets *so* warm that the heat can be felt through the
thermal blanket and quilt to the top of the quilt.

Last night I had all five cats sleeping with me (which left me very little
space on my king-sized bed, but which also helped to keep me warm).

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

Visit all my masters at: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

Old December 8th 08, 10:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobble[_2_]

CatNipped wrote:

[...]

I used to be cold on a heated waterbed, under 2 duvets, and wearing
flannel pjs. Well, this summer after 23 years, we had to let go our
waterbed (we had trouble getting out of it) and we bought a mattress
which has 4" of latex foam on top. Even though it has air holes to stay
cool, we're so warm after 15 minutes that I had to put my 2 duvets in
storage, switch to a t-shirt, shorts, a sheet on top, and only a light
comforter. It's winter here and we have to keep the window open a
crack. So if you ever change your mattress, try the foam topped ones -
they really keep the heat.

Bobble
Old December 8th 08, 11:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"CatNipped" wrote in message
I am now on my third electric blanket in 4 years.

(snippage)

I don't trust electric blankets. I bought one when I was 19 and worked for
JC Penney. I was sound asleep and suddenly was dreaming that I was burning.
I actually was burning. One of the "heating elements" in the blanket burned
a whole through the fabric and onto my leg. I still have the small round
scar on my thigh. Never again will you get me anywhere near an electric
blanket. Buy some flannel sheets. They're nice and cozy

Jill

Old December 9th 08, 05:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
ScratchMonkey

"jmcquown" wrote in
:

I don't trust electric blankets. I bought one when I was 19 and
worked for JC Penney. I was sound asleep and suddenly was dreaming
that I was burning. I actually was burning. One of the "heating
elements" in the blanket burned a whole through the fabric and onto my
leg. I still have the small round scar on my thigh. Never again will
you get me anywhere near an electric blanket. Buy some flannel
sheets. They're nice and cozy

They're also good in summer, as they "float" over the skin, allowing better
air circulation than percale.
Old December 9th 08, 06:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
---MIKE---

I have used the same electric blanket for over 20 years. In the winter
I put two blankets over it (my bedroom stays about 50°F). I don't use
the control that came with the blanket. I made a control out of a light
dimmer. The cats seem to like it but they don't stay all night.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old December 10th 08, 10:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin - bogus address

I am now on my third electric blanket in 4 years.
I don't trust electric blankets. I bought one when I was 19 and worked for
JC Penney. I was sound asleep and suddenly was dreaming that I was burning.
I actually was burning. One of the "heating elements" in the blanket burned
a whole through the fabric and onto my leg. I still have the small round
scar on my thigh. Never again will you get me anywhere near an electric
blanket.

Me too. I was once using a cottage belonging to some friends who'd had
the same electric blanket for 10-15 years. I wasn't going to risk
having it on while I was in the bed, but then one night I'd left it on
to warm the bed up and found it had burned right through the blankets
and was about to set the mattress on fire.

Buy some flannel sheets. They're nice and cozy

I hate the feel of them. Quilts rule.

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === http://www.campin.me.uk ====
Old December 10th 08, 06:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Jack Campin - bogus address" wrote in message
[...]

Ah, I've found a number of really nice quilts while going through my
mother's belongings. She had one on her bed and she didn't know where she'd
gotten it. I've since found another one in a closet. Quite nice, floral
and all that.

Jill

Warm Pat Cat anecdotes 6 January 5th 07 06:05 PM
Keeping warm Stormin Mormon Cat anecdotes 9 November 5th 06 03:47 AM
Having a Wash On Mommy's Desk CatNipped Cat anecdotes 3 December 29th 05 06:57 AM
Hanging Out In Mommy's Office CatNipped Cat anecdotes 34 July 28th 05 04:14 PM
Mommy's Little Bookends CatNipped Cat anecdotes 4 December 20th 04 12:55 PM