Belated thoughts on stray grey taby

Old March 26th 05, 11:04 PM
Susan M

Default Belated thoughts on stray grey taby

Hi the

I've been thinking about that crazy tom cat that came by and starting trying
to do in my cats.

I've developed a theory. The theory is that it had just finished being
bloody cold. It was then warm for a couple of weeks and he had to find
himself a home before the next cold snap. He smelled the cats near my house
and could tell that they lived there. If cats lived there, then there was
food and shelter. The way to get the food and shelter was to eliminate the
other cats and move in.

After he trashed the boys and I had Otis saved and Chester had run off, the
tabby rolled on the ground in front of my feet and showed me his tummy. I
think he wanted a home ... or at least food and shelter.

I'm glad he ended up being adopted and that he got what he needed ... though
I'm a little worried about his new slaves because he was just so wild. I
hope that the big snip calmed him down.

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Old March 26th 05, 11:59 PM
~~Tabbi~~

"Susan M" smawdsley remove @shaw.ca wrote in message
[...]

Sounds like you had more problems than I did with Spike, Susan.

Cats certainly take an opportunity where they find one - so your theory
sounds strong particularly if the grey tabby was wild.

My guys are pretty laid back when new cats show up, but as Otis and Chester
objected to this tourist invading their home the result was a lot different.

I have noticed that Spike stays around here way way more now he has been
snipped - a very noticeable change in just over a month. He wants to play
with the others, he's only about 2 years old, but they don't want to play
with him.

I hope the grey tabby settles down, too.

Tabbi

Old March 27th 05, 02:01 AM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-03-26, ~~Tabbi~~ penned:

My guys are pretty laid back when new cats show up, but as Otis and Chester
objected to this tourist invading their home the result was a lot different.

IIRC, it was the stranger who attacked, not Otis and Chester. Hence the
theory about chasing off O&C so that the tabby could get himself a new owner.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old March 28th 05, 12:47 PM
hobbs

So glad the grey Tabby Found a good home I hope he settles down
happily poor kitty.Wilson will Purr loudly for him. Jean.P.

Old March 29th 05, 01:47 AM
Enfilade

I have noticed that Spike stays around here way way more now he has been
snipped - a very noticeable change in just over a month. He wants to play
with the others, he's only about 2 years old, but they don't want to play
with him.

I hope the grey tabby settles down, too.

Sounds like my Smokey. Even three years after his Big Domestication,
he still wants to play with EVERYONE, and he tends to play rough. The
other cats can't tolerate him when he gets worked up and so we wrestle
him. He has this thing where he puts his nose on our skin and works
his jaw. "This means I'm biting you, okay?" He seems to know that
actually biting is not allowed, and his claws are trimmed short enough
to avoid much injury.

--Fil
Old March 29th 05, 01:53 AM
Susan M

"~~Tabbi~~" wrote in message
My guys are pretty laid back when new cats show up, but as Otis and
Chester
objected to this tourist invading their home the result was a lot
different.

I have noticed that Spike stays around here way way more now he has been
snipped - a very noticeable change in just over a month. He wants to play
with the others, he's only about 2 years old, but they don't want to play
with him.

Otis and Chester were minding their own business when this tom appeared who
appeared to be fighting to the death. It was a terrible scene and all I
could do to get my boys away from him. Chester ended up at TED's getting
patched up. Otis, who never fears anything, ran in the house after being
repeatedly pummeled and chased. He'd jump from a distance and knock them
over and was really savage. Nothing like the average domestic cat stand
offs I've seen before. It scared me silly.

I took the tabby to the SPCA where he was later adopted. I sure hope he
works things out there.

Susan M
Otis and Chester