Poorly Polly & TED visit

Old August 19th 03, 04:24 PM
Julie Cook

Default Poorly Polly & TED visit

Shirley wrote:

I woke up this morning to find piles of cat vomit all over the house
and a very lethargic Polly-cat sat hunched up by the kitchen door
queue panic mode , she tried to follow me into the kitchen but only
managed a couple of steps because her back legs were very wobbly
major panic mode.

Poor baby! Hobbes, Selena and Lacey are sending healing purrs, meatloaf
meditations and their most gentle headbutts. I am sending healing
thoughts and tender chin scritches. We hope Polly feels better very soon.

Julie, Hobbes, Selena and Lacey

Old August 19th 03, 04:40 PM
Alan Erskine

"Shirley" wrote in message
I woke up this morning to find piles of cat vomit all over the house
and a very lethargic Polly-cat sat hunched up by the kitchen door
queue panic mode , she tried to follow me into the kitchen but only
managed a couple of steps because her back legs were very wobbly
major panic mode. I got an appointment with TED and rushed her
there, it seems she has gastritis possibly from a hairball, her temp
was 104 so she got a shot to bring that down, a shot to stop the
vomiting and a shot of anti-biotic. Polly behaved herself during the
consult and I only had to remove a furry starfish from my chest once
during her exam to spare TED's and my blushes of him having to
rummage around my chest area to do the exam.

Polly has settled down now and is laying in the bedroom but she hasn't
been near her food or water bowl yet. If she doesn't improve by the
morning we have to go back to TED. Since this morning she's vomited
twice more and still seems to be in quite a bit of discomfort poor
baby so if she could have some of your special purrs it would help
enormously.

Purrs. Hope she feels better soon.

Give her a scritch from Australia for me.
--
Alan Erskine
alanerskine(at)optusnet.com.au

Old August 19th 03, 05:24 PM
Karen Chuplis

Major purrs for a better tummy situation.

Karen

"Shirley" wrote in message
[...]

Shirley (off to check on the invalid)
see my cats at
http://communities.msn.co.uk/Friendsfamilyandfelines2
http://uk.msnusers.com/friendsfamilyandfelines3

Old August 19th 03, 05:42 PM
m. L. Briggs

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 01:40:28 +1000, "Alan Erskine"
wrote:

"Shirley" wrote in message
[...]

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. It is a worry when our furry
friends are sick. MLB
Old August 19th 03, 06:03 PM
Victor M. Martinez

Sending healing purrs for Polly and calming purrs for you.

--
Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv

Old August 19th 03, 06:20 PM
Marina

"Shirley" wrote
I woke up this morning to find piles of cat vomit all over the house
and a very lethargic Polly-cat sat hunched up by the kitchen door

Poor Polly, indeed. Many many purrs coming over for her to feel better
soonest.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old August 19th 03, 06:27 PM
polonca12000

I'm so sorry to hear Polly isn't doing well. Lots of purrs and best wishes
for her to improve and lots of calming hugs for you, Shirley,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Shirley" wrote in message
I woke up this morning to find piles of cat vomit all over the house
and a very lethargic Polly-cat sat hunched up by the kitchen door
queue panic mode , she tried to follow me into the kitchen but only
managed a couple of steps because her back legs were very wobbly
major panic mode. snip

Old August 19th 03, 07:01 PM
lrulan

Poor Polly. We will purr and pray and light a candle for her quick recovery.
Give me extra skritches and hugs from us.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from now until the end of time

Old August 19th 03, 07:25 PM
Ginger-lyn Summer

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 15:56:33 +0100, "Shirley"
wrote:

[...]

Purrs that Polly feels better.

What is it with cats vomiting right now? We had a scare with Brando
last week, when he vomited more than I thought a cat could vomit, with
some blood in it, too. Took him into TED, and they could find no
problems so asked if they could keep him overnight, hoping he would
present them with a, umm, special gift that could help in diagnosis.
Brando is a former feral. Brando was not about to present them with
any gift. He spent the entire time not looking anyone in the eye, and
sitting stiffly in the cage. So I brought him home to keep an eye on
him. So far, no more vomit. Hope it was just a nasty hairball.

Ginger-lyn

Old August 19th 03, 07:51 PM
m. L. Briggs

wrote:

[...]

Do you suppose these cats could have eaten a bug? It's that time of
the year when bugs try to get inside. A cat that goes outside could
find lots of them MLB