PETA - People Exhibiting Terrible Attributes

Old December 1st 03, 02:39 PM
Phil P.

"Steve Crane" wrote in message
om...
kaeli wrote in message

. ..
In article ,
enlightened us with...

A safe form of anti freeze has been on the market for over five years.
I've used it exclusively since then. The problem is that consumers are
not interested in paying an extra $2-3 a gallon for the safe stuff.

Or they don't know about it.

I know I didn't.

Then again, I don't really use the stuff, either. My car goes to the car
doctor for any problems. heh

I don't suppose you know a brand name here in the states? I'd like to
list it (and any others that are safer) on my web page.

The brand name is Sierra. It shouldn't be hard to find a web site. I
don't service my cars either, but I do demand that this be used
whenever antifreeze is replaced. They usually charge an extra couple
bucks per gallon. I use it on my farm equipment back in Northern Idaho
and it has proved quite effective.

From a web site selling the stuff
SIERRA Antifreeze is formulated with propylene glycol rather than
conventional ethylene glycol - the base used for traditional
antifreeze. While attaining performance characteristics comparable to
ethylene glycol based antifreeze, SIERRA Antifreeze provides
additional benefits. SIERRA Antifreeze's propylene glycol formula is
less toxic and therefore safer than ethylene glycol coolants. This
provides safety to children, pets,

..... not for cats.... although its not as dangerous as ethylene glycol.
Propylene glycol causes hemolytic anemia in cats. It was used in
semi-moist cat foods as a humectant until 1992 when the FDA finally banned
its use in cat foods.

Old December 1st 03, 03:19 PM
GAUBSTER2

Just
how did the perfect mutation occur that allows for things such as our

senses,
immune system, etc?

Not "perfect" mutation, dear - multiple mutations which are then
preserved during selection.

So just how are these mutations "preserved during selection"? Is there some
force that "knows" when to keep the desirable traits and reject the undesirable
ones? You're asking an awful lot out of random events!

You may have some education behind you, but that doesn't give you any

class!
Perhaps you would like to attempt to explain your theory on how "random
mutations" generated what we have today in terms of people and nature.

Why should I waste my time explaining basic molecular biology to you?
Afterall, you just said random mutation was "impossible!".

Because if you are sincere, you'll try to change my mind. I don't think you
can explain how your theory works, that's all. Apparently anybody who doesn't
believe your way is a "bible-thumper"? What I'm saying is that too many
perfect events have to come together "randomly" for your theory to hold any
water. That's what makes it impossible.

Hint: Do some reasearch. There's a thing called the "internet" that
can be very useful...

Sorry, there's too much crapola--some of which you are spreading. I suppose I
could "prove" the earth is flat by going to those websites, no? As for
research, I HAVE looked into it and that's why I don't buy it. It's like
picking 17 million (or more) lottery numbers and having EVERY SINGLE ONE OF
THEM IN ORDER come up. The odds are so much against it, as to be impossible.

Old December 1st 03, 03:26 PM
GAUBSTER2

From: frlpwr

YOU'RE A TERRORIST. I suggest you turn yourself in to the nearest law
enforcement officials and keep the rest of us save from your violent
tendencies.

Like all successful guerilla movements, direct actions succeed best when
undertaken by one individual or small cells.

In January-February, 2003, he spoke to crowds at
American University crowd in Washington DC and Cal State Fresno,
California.
The topic..how to make a bomb.

Yes, direct action activists accept property damage and economic
sabotege as legitimate forms of protest. So do I.

He was/is a member of the Animal Liberation
Front. Ironically, Ronnie Lee, ALF founder, claims "We are a
non-violent guerilla organisation, dedicated to the liberation of
animals from all forms of cruelty and persecution at the hands of
mankind.

Why is this "ironic"?

Because he lied. Preaching how to make a bomb is not "non-violent".

For a non-violent "organisaton" (sic), they promote and chronicle
firebombings and other acts of terrorism all the time!

Inanimate objects don't suffer and cannot be, imo, the victims of
violence.

People who own those objects suffering property damage are victims of violence.
You are sick.

For obscene, let's try the $3.2 billion tax dollars the NIH spends on
research, (not to mention the NSF, PHS, DoD and a plethora of private
foundations receiving federal grants), much of it dedicated to
experimentation using involuntary, unwilling animals as subjects.

FYI, the NIH does a lot of good in this world. But you don't think so. Sick.

..not a crazed person who bombs buildings and goes around the country
urging others to do the same thing!

I woulnd't mind knowing how to build an incendiary device. Do you know
the whereabouts of Coronado's next lecture?

Please tell us where you live so that we can have you arrested!

Old December 1st 03, 03:26 PM
GAUBSTER2