Meow Ranger

Old May 17th 12, 12:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Pipps =^..^=[_3_]

Default Meow Ranger

A small jet-powered helicopter flies high over the central Illinois
countryside. A portly orange tabby girlcat is at the controls, with an
equally portly orange boycat in the right seat. Both watch out the
windows, seeing the flat land covered with small farms and an occasional
small town roll past below them. When they cross a busy interstate
highway the boycat consults a navigation chart. As he sees that they are
getting close to the Illinois/Indiana state line he says "I fink we'z
getting close, Harri". The pilot cat flips a switch on the control panel
and as the engine noise drops to almost nothing she says "Ok, OT, we're
in silent mode now. Let's drop down and see if we can spot the place."

Harri snaps the chopper inverted and pulls on the stick until they're
dropping straight down. At a very low altitude she pulls on the stick
again and levels off, and OT can be heard gulping loudly.

OT spots a large stand of trees and points, and Harri guides the chopper
to the indicated area. Below them the two cats see a large wood of
deciduous trees and bushes with a lovely meadow in an opening near the
middle. A smaller clearing nearby is just the right size to land the
chopper, so that's where Harri heads. They touch down and shut off the
engine, then Harri hops lightly out of the cockpit and OT climbs shakily
to the ground then sits down. "Boy, Harri, dis is a purrty place, and I
smell flowers." Harri comes and sits beside him. "Yep, it is purrty. And
I smell doze fowlers too. And I smell... could it be... YES! BACON! I
smell BACON!"

Harri leaps to her paws and dashes off towards the larger clearing. OT
sighs softly and trots after her.

When Harri reaches the larger clearing she sees a large tent on the far
side of the clearing, large enough to house at least a dozen cats. The
screened windows are open and the walls of the tent ripple gently in the
breeze. Patches of bright yellow and pink flowers in the clearing also
wave in time with the tent walls. Next to the big tent is another tent of
strange construction, with another patch of meadow visible through it.
Harri then notices a shade canopy erected over a full camp kitchen.
Amelia is at the stove, just transferring a batch of crisp bacon strips
from a frying pan to a warming tray. Next to the warming tray of bacon is
one loaded with scrambled eggs, one with toast, one with waffles, and a
cooler full of creme.

"Amelia, youz just in time. I'z would like a bigbig bunch of dat bacon
and big bowl of creme fur me an OT. OT, you wants some eggz too?"

Amelia huffs and snorts, then prepares a couple of plates with bacon and
eggs and waves for Harri to come get them.

Amelia: "Here, you two can find a seat in the meadow, or you can sit in
the meadow in Catifurnia."

Harri: "Catifurnia is a long trip even in the caticopter, grumpybutt."

Amelia: "Didn't look around before you started hollering for food, did
you? See that canvas frame beside my tent? That's a static teleporter,
open to a meadow in the mountains just east of Cleopatra's estate in
Catifurnia. Sammy and Ranger are over in that meadow."

Harri and OT grab their plates and wander over to the teleporter and look
through. On the Catifurnia side of the portal Sammy and Ranger have
cushions spread the meadow, and appear to have just settled down for a
nap.

Pipps ports in and says hi to her friends and goes over to where Ranger is
napping out and tries to wake him up..
without any luck. BOSH she says..and goes over and helps herself to some
bacon and eggs, and a muffin.
She sits down with her friends and enjoys the beautiful day with them and
soon Ranger wakes up and....

Meow Ranger McDude frum Pipps Mosey =^..^=[_11_] Cat community 2 December 23rd 11 05:13 AM
Hey Ranger Mosey =^..^=[_11_] Cat community 2 November 11th 11 12:53 AM
Hey Ranger Mosey =^..^=[_10_] Cat community 15 June 18th 11 03:22 PM
Hey ranger!!! Stormmee Cat community 7 January 3rd 06 03:27 PM
The first photos of Ranger Dan M Cat anecdotes 28 May 5th 05 04:10 AM